Marcus Lee transferring from UK | The Boneyard

Marcus Lee transferring from UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why???
Because we have 2 open scholarships and he would provide immediate help to the front line.

He is not my first choice but if he wanted to come here for a year I would gladly take him

Reaction Score
Because we have 2 open scholarships and he would provide immediate help to the front line.

He is not my first choice but if he wanted to come here for a year I would gladly take him

He has one year left. He's underachieved for 3 years. If you want a 4th year role player, maybe, but Lee wants minutes & to be a featured player to chase his NBA dreams. I don't see that happening here. By the time he's eligible, I think Durham/Diarra & possibly J.Jackson to have the PF position covered. I don't see Lee fitting a need, unless he is ok with being a role player.

Reaction Score
Commits to UK. Cal pushes him out the door to nba. NBA says not ready. Goes back call says you should transfer.

Am I wrong?

Reaction Score
Commits to UK. Cal pushes him out the door to nba. NBA says not ready. Goes back call says you should transfer.

Am I wrong?
Multi-taletened kid that should have left long ago.

Reaction Score

Am I wrong?

He's only got 1 year of eligibility left... you kind of yadda-yadda'd the fact that he's been underwhelming for 3 years. All of the UK players entered the draft this year, and he's never going to see much playing time... it'd be weird if he just stayed a bench warmer.

Reaction Score
Actually if he was immediately eligible we could probably use him this year. He's not a total stiff, Kentucky just has bigs all over the place that are better than he is.

Reaction Score
he is too old to play at UK, so I am sure Cal showed him the door. If he came knocking, I would take him.

Reaction Score

Immediate help except that he's a transfer so can't play immediately

Welp 5 minutes late saying this

Reaction Score
He's a better player than people in this thread are giving him credit for. Sure, he's under-achieved relative to his high school ranking. Happens. He's still a guy that you can win with at center - virtually all of his offense comes at the rim, but his enormous catch radius contributed a lot to Kentucky's elite offense last season. He's also an elite offensive rebounder.

Defensively, he's a lot like many bigs in that he can be good in some match-ups but not in others. Not the most instinctively sound of defensive players, but in certain match-ups when he can patrol the paint he's a major deterrent at the rim.

I doubt Cal ran him off. Not with Bolden choosing Duke, anyway. Lee will help somebody wherever he goes.

Reaction Score
Why???

He strikes me as a talented big who will make the other bigs better during his transfer year and will be a solid contributor when he does play. We get a big who did not pick up a basketball late in life. Argue away that he as underwhelming at UK but I did watch a lot of the games and he was not utilized well.

Reaction Score
I would take him in a heartbeat. I'd guess we'll give him a call, but unless there's a big shakeup moving CT close to California I don't see it happening

Reaction Score
committed to Cal, no? Would've taken him in a heartbeat though. There is talent there; if nothing more he's a much better Marcus White and those types of guys are very, very useful. Also, would've only used up a schollie for one year and then replace.

Reaction Score
committed to Cal, no? Would've taken him in a heartbeat though. There is talent there; if nothing more he's a much better Marcus White and those types of guys are very, very useful. Also, would've only used up a schollie for one year and then replace.
That seems to be the consensus that he'll commit during his visit tomorrow

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I believe he would use two years of scholarship for one year of playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom