March recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

March recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Nice drive, but no one thought to get in front of her about 10 feet outside of the three-pt. line?
As a former lacrosse player and a guy who still plays hoops, stop dribble and force the pass.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Abbey Hsu.... Yes, not followed, but we'll probably have a nice match up of
Abbey vs Kaitlyn Chen in THE IVY LEAGUE WBB CHAMPIONSHIP game. Princeton
is "in" with POI Kaitlyn Chen scoring 18 points, 5 rebounds, and one assist in
the Tigers win today over PENN. The Columbia Lions play later tonight against
Harvard. Columbia and Princeton tied for the IVY regular season best records at
13 - 1 ( I think ). Which lady / team will go to the NCAAs?? I suspect Chen could be the
alternate 'option' if Sarah Strong does not accept Geno's wonderful offer!!!
Not recruiting, but to answer your questions: Princeton will face Columbia, who beat Harvard, 63-61, led by Abby Hsu, who scored 22 pts.

Reaction Score
Abbey Hsu.... Yes, not followed, but we'll probably have a nice match up of
Abbey vs Kaitlyn Chen in THE IVY LEAGUE WBB CHAMPIONSHIP game. Princeton
is "in" with POI Kaitlyn Chen scoring 18 points, 5 rebounds, and one assist in
the Tigers win today over PENN. The Columbia Lions play later tonight against
Harvard. Columbia and Princeton tied for the IVY regular season best records at
13 - 1 ( I think ). Which lady / team will go to the NCAAs?? I suspect Chen could be the
alternate 'option' if Sarah Strong does not accept Geno's wonderful offer!!!
Still not understanding why we would be looking to add a guard? We currently (with Allie & Morgan) have probably the deepest cadre of quality guards of any team in the country! We have (maybe) one opening! Surely a frontcourt player would be the sensible choice?

Reaction Score
Still not understanding why we would be looking to add a guard? We currently (with Allie & Morgan) have probably the deepest cadre of quality guards of any team in the country! We have (maybe) one opening! Surely a frontcourt player would be the sensible choice?
I find it puzzling too. The only way I can make sense of it is if we don't get Sarah or Emely. In that case, Kaitlyn could still be a good addition.

Reaction Score
Not recruiting, but to answer your questions: Princeton will face Columbia, who beat Harvard, 63-61, led by Abby Hsu, who scored 22 pts.
YES, at 5 PM today (SATURDAY) in NYC. Last time they played at the Columbia gym it was Columbia winning in a
barnburner. One game for Chen, on game for Hsu.... the winner of this one wins the
golden ring = an NCAA bid!

Reaction Score
Good Question! Counterpoint... Allie and Morgan will be FRESHMAN.... Without Nika... an
experienced PG, Kaitlyn Chen, of Princeton, would bring skill, maturity, and ...
an ease of transition to the UCONN style of WBB.... i.e. Chen being Carla Berube's
floor general in Jadwin Gym (and elsewhere). Also...remember the UCONN vs Princeton
Game from last year and Ines's heroics on the foul line. I think SARAH STRONG COMES
to Storrs.... but the alternative plan is not hard to envision. GO GENO!!

Reaction Score
I find it puzzling too. The only way I can make sense of it is if we don't get Sarah or Emely. In that case, Kaitlyn could still be a good addition.
I think she is more of a distant contingency than even that. Dealing with a hypothetical one roster spot, my priorities would probably be Sarah an obvious first, if not her a portal big next, if no good options there perhaps don't use the spot, and between one year of Kaitlin or 4 years of Emely I don't know.

Remember we have several players that could return for 25/26. If so we are back into a very tight roster situation again. A one year portal addition doesn't hurt that, but any addition that covers more than one year involves the opportunity cost of maybe missing out on a potential 2025 recruit. Suppose for example adding Emely meant you were limited to one more 2025 recruit, not two. there are still quite a few 2025 prospects we are pursuing and hope to get.

There is more to it than figuring out how to use the last available roster spot. Whether it should be used at all is a valid question when we are near the limit for a couple of years, and a player added now can limit better options later. If only one spot left, I say it has to fill a need (big) or skip it, saving that for a better option next year.

Now that doesn't rule out keeping your eye out for guards, because for all you know, we could have two or three available roster spots, not just one. If that happens, and we get a big first then I would be all over adding someone like Kaitlin, so it makes sense to plan for all contingencies, but I would think Kaitlin is not plan A or plan B at this point if only one spot available, but she could be a top target if another spot or two becomes available.

Reaction Score
Good Question! Counterpoint... Allie and Morgan will be FRESHMAN.... Without Nika... an
experienced PG, Kaitlyn Chen, of Princeton, would bring skill, maturity, and ...
an ease of transition to the UCONN style of WBB.... i.e. Chen being Carla Berube's
floor general in Jadwin Gym (and elsewhere). Also...remember the UCONN vs Princeton
Game from last year and Ines's heroics on the foul line. I think SARAH STRONG COMES
to Storrs.... but the alternative plan is not hard to envision. GO GENO!!
There's nothing better than adding a skilled player with that much experience to the roster........I'd consider her proven insurance in case Azzi isn't back and healthy without having to put pressure on the two incoming freshman.........of course everything depends on if Strong choses UConn or if there's a quality forward/post that hits the transfer portal......

Reaction Score
Sorry to the South Carolina fans for being pleased that Strong didn't choose your team.........I think you guys are getting like UConn fans from a few years ago who expected every great recruit to end up in Storrs.........you can only fit so many All-Americans on your team at one time..........;)

Reaction Score
I wish someone would come forward with more (or just some) information on Emely. She seems to be the most 'under the radar' recruit with a full scholarship (?) that no one talks about.

Reaction Score
There's nothing better than adding a skilled player with that much experience to the roster........I'd consider her proven insurance in case Azzi isn't back and healthy without having to put pressure on the two incoming freshman.........of course everything depends on if Strong choses UConn or if there's a quality forward/post that hits the transfer portal......
Agreed!

Reaction Score
With a 7 roster, we have 5 guards, adding the injured we would have 7/8 guards, so is there a need in that zone ? I don't think so ! We need a 3/4 or a 4/5 post player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom