March Recruiting Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

March Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ASGR/Hoopseen talk McKenna Wolizcko. Click on view.

I think Auriemma's trip out to Archbishop Mitty's open practice last fall was for a couple reasons. Not only to visit and reaffirm his continued interest in Cheli but to also get into the early mix for this kid. GA has a very good relationship with Sue Phillips, the long time HC at Mitty. She's an excellent coach and I'm sure Wolizcko and her family have gotten a good reference and advice on the UConn program.

Reaction Score
ASGR/Hoopseen talk Toby Fournier. Click on view.

After seeing the development and positive experience A. Edwards is having at UConn, I have to think the Crestwood coach is pointing out the advantages of the program to Fournier. I agree with these guys, she's going to have outstanding versatility at the college level.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think Auriemma's trip out to Archbishop Mitty's open practice last fall was for a couple reasons. Not only to visit and reaffirm his continued interest in Cheli but to also get into the early mix for this kid.
Certainly hope so. One word of caution: Stanford offered her about 10 days ago.

Reaction Score
Certainly hope so. One word of caution: Stanford offered her about 10 days ago.
Yes, the new era of recruiting. Top BB schools like Stanford, Notre Dame, and especially UConn used to have a fairly lengthy process of assessment and evaluation before offering but now realize that they have to get in early or risk playing catch up because it seems that's what the kids and parents value. Particularly with kids from their region that would be considered local. Stanford offering her this early is interesting because of the extreme difficulty of their admissions process. Since it will be a couple more years before she'll know if she's academically qualified, I wonder if athletes must meet the same rigid standards as other students. And if they do and don't meet them, how does Van Derveer handle it. Can she override the process or does she just pull the offer? Maybe one of our Stanford fans on here can answer this.

Reaction Score
Unless her name is Katy Lou Samuelson, I like my 6'2" players to have strong inside moves and a solid mid-range game.
They lost me at “dunks with ease”. Yes please.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hey @Sluconn Husky, do you know if UConn is recruiting Jackie Polk who plays for Los Osos on California. She is a freshman and she scored 30 points today for a team that is second to Etiwanda?

Not that I know of, and she's new to me. This article on her makes me wonder about any UConn interest though.

In earlier games this season, Polk was prone to showing her emotions on the court, whether it be some trash-talking or frustration when a foul call didn’t go her way. But as skilled as she is as an offensive point guard, she stayed on the floor. Most of the time.

“At the beginning of the season, we had to sit Jackie. We were playing in the championship game (of the Downey Tournament) and we sat her because the focus wasn’t there, the teamwork wasn’t there and the attitude was horrible. And from seeing that to this,” Buckner said.

Buckner said she is questioned by others when she doesn’t bench Polk for launching deep 3-point attempts several times in the game. But that’s part of her game, Buckner argues, and that’s a shot that Polk can make.

Reaction Score
Here's Toby Fournier against some pretty good competition. She not only really gets off the floor but her reflexes are quick, she gets a piece of 3-4 perimeter shots without fouling. And her release point on her shots around the rim is very high. She's a tough kid and plays hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom