March 16 Games Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

March 16 Games Thread

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I still this announcer saying Dawn or Don Staley?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Are South Carolina underdogs in this game? Probably according to Staley they are underdogs every time they take the court, regardless of the opponent.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
A'ja has 5 blocks. I have only watched the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter and the person she is guarding looks to be a foot shorter...only 5, what, did that player only take 5 shots?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
A'ja has 5 blocks. I have only watched the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter and the person she is guarding looks to be a foot shorter...only 5, what, did that player only take 5 shots?

She also has 5 turnovers and shot 6 for 15. She did go 7 for 7 at the line, only had 2 fouls called and about 8 that were not. Must be Refs that Dawn approved of that are calling the game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That’s a wrap for the day. No more games. Being a WCBB junkie, why couldn’t they stagger the games instead of starting 3or 4 games at the same time? I mean they are going to show the Semi-finals of the BNP women’s tennis next, like this tournament wouldn’t get better ratings?

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I didn't see them in their entirety and flipping back and forth between TV and Watch ESPN was confusing. But I certainly enjoyed:
DePaul - Oklahoma, when DePaul went cold and OK started to come back in the second half.
Virginia - California. Outcome in doubt until the end.
Minn. upsets G. Bay.
North Carolina A&T fighting back against an overconfident S. Car.
And, agreeing with Maria Taylor: Villanova - SDSU, game of the day.
And, extras: Harry w/out his comb-over; Natalie Chou getting to play again; Chennedy Carter chanelling Russel Westbrook.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Looking at the final score... looks like A&T put up some resistance. Glad to see they didnt get run out of the building.

Reaction Score
Loved the Villanova game..... and many good performances.... the Marquette player had great game.... I had never before seen her play

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
100 points.
Great. Maybe Tennessee should switch to the Big South, maybe they can finish higher than 7th in their conference.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Because conference tournaments are only in existence to make additional revenue, there's no guarantee that the winner will be one of the better teams. So, they could limit the conference tournament to the top 8 teams and do away with the 1 and 2 game byes that a lot of conferences have. Then hopefully only the top teams automatically qualify. However, teams that didn't qualify for the conference tournament can still make the Big Dance as at-large teams, which is every team's goal.
Do conference tournaments in the weaker conferences actually bring in net revenue?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I was at work and I thought while glancing at the TV that a Notre Dame player was being helped off the court. I couldn't watch because I was busy. Who was it? Any word?

Westbeld. Latest update:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I can't believe what I just saw :(

I like UVA.... and their coach.... I hated seeing that.... devastating for that program and fanbase

Crying-Jordan-Virginia-Cavaliers-Logo.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ESPN is crazy.... I just saw the start time for Sundays games...... South Carolina vs UVA @ 9pm ..... what kinda sense does that crap make

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom