Manuel's monumental screw up | The Boneyard

Manuel's monumental screw up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Manuel could have excised the cancer when it was still containable. Pasqualoni and Deleone's history was well known and well-debated when Manuel became AD. Instead, he chose wrong, and enabled Pasqualoni further. He allowed Pasqualoni and Deleone to follow the syracuse script to a t, to the engorgement of Pasqualoni and to the detriment of the UCONN program.

Manuel was brought in as a rockstar. UCONN doesn't need a rockstar. It needs an AD who makes the right choices at the right time.

The UCONN football program is a pathetic joke right now. Decommits, transfers, a 2013 and 2014 recruiting class ranked last among BCS schools. Getting blown out by FCS schools. Being embarrassed by effort and results. Regression during the game, regression during the season, regression during pasqualoni's tenure. There is a pattern. And if Manuel is so blind that he doesn't see it, then he should pack his bags, his 45k a month salary, and regress to his mean, which at this point is the AD at Buffalo. Manuel is turning out to be the peter principle poster child for AD's.

I'm tired of the excuses. Downright weary.

We will continue to see decreased enthusiasm, decreased ticket sales, decreased tv interest, malaise that blends in with apathy, and a front running fanbase that will become increasingly disengaged.

We will be fed "UCONN can't support a high caliber BCS team" with equal parts of "the cupboard is bare". All the while there are programs being built successfully with less money, lesser facilities and even less history.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My wife is convinced that he is keeping PP to slowly crush the football program to soften the blow of going back to FCS level (and find a great home for basketball programs). The more she talks about this, the more I'm buying into it. It's the only logical explanation for why Pasqualoni and DeLeone are still employed here.

Reaction Score
Wrong.

I thought Warde Manual had a tough decision last year. We beat Pitt and we beat Louisville. Pasqualoni was Year 2 and it would have been fairly bold for WM to can him at that point. He is a former football player; he went to the practices; took the temperature. Bringing back PP was not clear cut ... but he thought that there was a glimmer of hope. I don't think 20% of ADs of the 130 FBS programs would have reached out & leveled the HC at that point. Manual is NOT that bold. I wish he had ... but I understand.

He can't say much today. But ... we are moving on. That question is answered ... 4 times even. Michigan too. (I believe we simply need a HC who actually can run the ball ... that's obvious to me). But, Manual has made good moves across the spectrum of our sports. No Star; but he is good.

There ... that is my position. I agree with your facts though. Warde Manual had best be good: this next decision is crucial around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom