Man plz don’t blame adama | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Man plz don’t blame adama

Reaction Score
Diarra can’t shoot, at all, with him and Jackson on the court together the other team can play 5 on 3 defense.
Joey has been in an awful shooting slump. And is a poor defender. If he isn’t hitting 3s he doesn’t affect the game positively. Diarra can at least draw some fouls and plays good defense.

Reaction Score
Yes. Our bench out-performed the starters tonight. That 14-0 run was without most of the starters. Everyone will not be on every night. In my opinion, Clingan should have started the second half. Yet DH starts Adama and goes to him right away. Makes me think DH is blind sometimes. Adama owned Creighton...great. It was obvious from the jump that this wasn't going to be his night. Not his fault.
I counted 7 straight possessions where AS touched the ball and it was either a turnover or bad shot against multiple defenders. This absolutely killed us as in this stretch we fell behind, went on a run without him then he came back in and the lead disappeared.

Reaction Score
I counted 7 straight possessions where AS touched the ball and it was either a turnover or bad shot against multiple defenders. This absolutely killed us as in this stretch we fell behind, went on a run without him then he came back in and the lead disappeared.
We all saw it clear as day. He was 26 points last game and the scheme was to double and triple him and blanket Hawkins who had no good looks the entire game. Credit Shaka on that, he knows who can hurt him. Unfortunately we had no guard step up and Clingan was literally carrying the team on his back on his 21 minutes last night. I know he gets gassed but I want him out there for 30+ in important must win games down the road. Hurley can rest him in less important games.

Reaction Score
Start both big men!!!!
And Zone it up!!!!!
And get them to move without the ball
So they can work the defenses on them which opens up shots and gives opportunities to crash the boards…
They are just standing around on the perimeter when they don’t have the ball..
Very predictable for defenses with no open shots and so many one and dones
They looked confused and without a plan!!

Reaction Score
We all saw it clear as day. He was 26 points last game and the scheme was to double and triple him and blanket Hawkins who had no good looks the entire game. Credit Shaka on that, he knows who can hurt him. Unfortunately we had no guard step up and Clingan was literally carrying the team on his back on his 21 minutes last night. I know he gets gassed but I want him out there for 30+ in important must win games down the road. Hurley can rest him in less important games.
I think 30+ from Clingan is unreasonable tbh. He plays tough minutes and I thought in the Marquette game, in 21 minutes, he ran out of gas in both halves. If we NEED him to play 30 minutes then we are in trouble imo. Need your older players to step up

Reaction Score
It seems like teams are defending the three and not worried about penitration. They just concede our bigs will get theirs, but can't beat them. We've become the opposite of the Calhoun "donut" teams.

Reaction Score
Everyone can have their own ideas but when Hawkins and Sanogo both are off their game, there is very little chance this team wins. I love the idea of Clingan and Sanogo on the floor together but it comes at a cost of taking someone else off the floor. Karaban stepped up but he’s gone MIA at times as well. I was hoping Sanogo would be a beast this year and dominate but I was clearly wrong.

Reaction Score
I think 30+ from Clingan is unreasonable tbh. He plays tough minutes and I thought in the Marquette game, in 21 minutes, he ran out of gas in both halves. If we NEED him to play 30 minutes then we are in trouble imo. Need your older players to step up
Karaban plays 34. And yes we do need him to play 30 minutes but not in every game. We get 20 points up on a team, let him rest but toward season end against top BE teams we need him to play and then keep him as fresh as possible for the run. Donovan is 18 and won’t be 19 until next August. He‘ll get gassed but he’s 18, that’s quick recovery. Do you remember when you were 18?

Reaction Score
Karaban plays 34. And yes we do need him to play 30 minutes but not in every game. We get 20 points up on a team, let him rest but toward season end against top BE teams we need him to play and then keep him as fresh as possible for the run. Donovan is 18 and won’t be 19 until next August. He‘ll get gassed but he’s 18, that’s quick recovery. Do you remember when you were 18?
And who do you think we are going to be up by 20?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Joey has been in an awful shooting slump. And is a poor defender. If he isn’t hitting 3s he doesn’t affect the game positively. Diarra can at least draw some fouls and plays good defense.
And he plays with pace and a purpose. Something our starting lineup doesn’t have

Reaction Score
Soriano from St Johns is pretty good, but he torched these guys with 22-13. This is not a tough matchup for bigs… at all.
Not making excuses for Adama but Soriano was not doubled at all. They just let him get his. Marquette's goal was to completely take Adama out of the game and double him every time he got the ball.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Adama was horrible Wednesday. One stretch he turned it over 3 or 4 times in a row

And that's OK. Other people have to step it up. We have multiple options. Our guards sucked collectively. They have to handle the pressure better, run the offense better, AND SCORE MORE.

Hopefully they learn from this, and we can thank Marquette for that

Reaction Score
Not making excuses for Adama but Soriano was not doubled at all. They just let him get his. Marquette's goal was to completely take Adama out of the game and double him every time he got the ball.
“Not making excuses but heres an excuse”

Preseason players of the year get doubled.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
who knows, Sanogo and the team might play better with Sanogo at the 4

Reaction Score

Yeah I wasn’t 7’2.

He was clearly gassed.

The point being if we NEED him to play 30 then we are in trouble.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Would love to see Sanogo take a 10-15’ jumper multiple times a game

Reaction Score
Our perimeter have not stepped up.
Our offense is to predictable since conference play

Shake up the line up a bit. You can see we can still be awesome. But we have to change some things
And again it isn’t Adams’s fault clingan get block shots. We should be prepared to play double big
Nah, 5 turnovers is awesome

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom