Mamoudou Diarra | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Mamoudou Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems like he has a nice frame. Not rail thin like our past few bigs which is nice to see.

Good athleticism but not moving very naturally with the bball in his hands.

Keep in mind here that he's rated around 200. I'm not a stickler for rankings, but we're talking like he's a big time recruit coming in. This is just another project big man.

Would be a good way for Chillious to start some momentum at uconn. Obviously helps his reputation as a recruiter to keep offers on the table for kids when he moves schools.

We need more players under the basket anyways. Come on down diarra2!

Reaction Score
Mamadou Diarra and Mamoudou Diarra? Oh man, that would be way too confusing.

Reaction Score
He'd take some time I'd imagine but the frame and athleticism are very exciting. Wonder if he'd consider a redshirt

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
honestly, not impressed. Dont know if we need him so badly as to burn a schollie for another raw, dunking only skill set. His game looks identical to the Diarra we already have, now the question is will our current MD return to basketball health? His current injury is of the chronic pain type.

Reaction Score
honestly, not impressed. Dont know if we need him so badly as to burn a schollie for another raw, dunking only skill set. His game looks identical to the Diarra we already have, now the question is will our current MD return to basketball health? His current injury is of the chronic pain type.
Really? His game looks and sounds nothing like Mamadou's game to me. Name the same, different game.

Reaction Score
And he's more than a "dunker" according to scouting reports. This is a lazy assessment

Reaction Score
Both Diarras are supposed to be excellent rebounders and very good rim protectors. That's all I really care about – if he never shoots a jump shot in UConn colors, I'll be fine with it as long as he does the right stuff in the paint.

Reaction Score
Both Diarras are supposed to be excellent rebounders and very good rim protectors. That's all I really care about – if he never shoots a jump shot in UConn colors, I'll be fine with it as long as he does the right stuff in the paint.
He a lot longer than diarra which will make him a better rim protector. Diarra is like 6'6 6'7, this kid is a legot 6'9. But i agree we shouldnt turn or noses up at their skillsets being we havent had players like this in a long time

Reaction Score
He a lot longer than diarra which will make him a better rim protector. Diarra is like 6'6 6'7, this kid is a legot 6'9. But i agree we shouldnt turn or noses up at their skillsets being we havent had players like this in a long time
True re: height, but Adou Diarra has a 7-2 wingspan, which is Adrien's size. More than adequate for rebounding and some rim protection against the big boys.

Not sure about Oudou Diarra re: length, tho from eyeballing it he certainly seems like a guy who won't struggle with that aspect of the game.

Reaction Score
True re: height, but Adou Diarra has a 7-2 wingspan, which is Adrien's size. More than adequate for rebounding and some rim protection against the big boys.

Not sure about Oudou Diarra re: length, tho from eyeballing it he certainly seems like a guy who won't struggle with that aspect of the game.
Not on DraftExpress like Mama, but Mamou reportedly has a 7'2" wingspan as well.

Reaction Score

Did not know adou was that long. Thanks for the insight

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Our Mamadou is a bigger dude than our prospective Mamoudou.

Mamoudou might be taller than Mamadou, but Mamadou is stronger, more athletic and more suited to banging around the basket. Mamoudou is a willowy combo type who will need to put on some weight. Mamadou has more Adrien in him than Mamoudou, but both have a wingspan more in proportion for a praying mantis than a normal human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom