Mamoudou Diarra update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Mamoudou Diarra update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Has anyone is this thread said anything negative about Diarra? There's like 15 replies and I don't see one slight against him.

True as your assertion may be, there are already numerous posts that reflect poorly on the fanbase that a recruit is considering, whether it's front and center or not. The profanity filter is helpful for when posters shoot their mouths off in one way. Calls for decency, self-moderation, and perspective aren't at all unreasonable requests to make of fans. Yes, there are those who want to put their precious life energy toward being intentionally negative, but unless it's for financial gain toward (supposedly) more favorable ends, why bother? It's withering enough to suffer the trolls without adding so-called friends who post to the same effect as enemies.

Reaction Score
It had to be much much more than that. This happens to the best of college recruiters everywhere. I have seen top recruiters get stiffed at the last minute You can't hold Diallo against Glenn Miller. You just can't. It is a common story.
No, but it could have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This. Miller had one job to do, went all in, and came up empty. The time for change was painfully obvious.
Should we have fired JC's coaching staff for missing on Gomes or Kevin Durant?

KD was rumored to have verballed on campus. Shouldn't have let that go.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
FFS, Miller was a holdover from the JC era, was miscast as a big man coach, served the school with distinction for many years as a student, player and coach. Not to mention he has a ring or two.

The program thought it was time for a change. There doesn't need to be any shade thrown. It could just as easily be that KO was using him as a crutch like he did Hobbs, Blaney, and the others.

If Miller wants to be a HC again then it's better for him to get out from under the programs shadow.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

They never actually recruited Gomes. The list of misses under JC was long and distinguished,as it is with most coaches.

Oddly, some of UCONNs most noted misses led to backup plans that led to championships... Guys like Okafor, Lamb, even Bazz... I think he requalified because of misses and they needed him on campus ASAP.

Reaction Score
They never actually recruited Gomes. The list of misses under JC was long and distinguished,as it is with most coaches.

Oddly, some of UCONNs most noted misses led to backup plans that led to championships... Guys like Okafor, Lamb, even Bazz... I think he requalified because of misses and they needed him on campus ASAP.
Wasn't Kemba also a backup plan to Brandon Jennings? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Reaction Score

I don't recall ever passing on talent because we were all in on Durant, to then not get Durant, and have a depleted roster.

Reaction Score

I'll never blame them for not recruiting Gomes, I don't think anyone saw him becoming as good as he was. I played against him a ton growing up and in HS/AAU and never thought he was a UConn-caliber player and we played against plenty future DI players in the tri-state area and at national tournaments. I was surprised when he went to Providence, I thought he'd be in over his head there. He was a late bloomer but it's also a testament to how hard he worked, the kid earned it. Even playing against him in the last few years when he's been home, he's not what you picture athletically when imagine an NBA player. Such a crafty, smart player.

Reaction Score
We also lucked out on Freeman. I believe he really wanted Duke and he knew he had a UConn offer and we were hitting on stride and getting to be a hot ticket and Duke held him off for a while pursuing some one else and he also knew uconn wouldn't wait much longer and he finally committed. Ranked somewhere in the 30's I kinda remember. Didn't exactly fall into our lap. He made a wise choice.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score

I stopped getting attached to recruiting when we didn't get Brandon Bass and Randell Jackson. Things worked out pretty good up until now. I root for whoevers here. Remember, Shabazz's mom was a Uconn fan and a huge KEA fan and other schools can't recruit against things like that.

Reaction Score
I don't recall ever passing on talent because we were all in on Durant, to then not get Durant, and have a depleted roster.
This is the thing. We didn't get Durant and we ended up with Stanley Robinson. We didn't get Diallo and we got...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
We also lucked out on Freeman. I believe he really wanted Duke and he knew he had a UConn offer and we were hitting on stride and getting to be a hot ticket and Duke held him off for a while pursuing some one else and he also knew UConn wouldn't wait much longer and he finally committed. Ranked somewhere in the 30's I kinda remember. Didn't exactly fall into our lap. He made a wise choice.

I vaguely remember Freeman thinking about transferring his senior year.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
I vaguely remember Freeman thinking about transferring his senior year.
I think it was about wanting to play SF and having the ball on the wing. It's the same issues we're having with guys right now ( Jackson, Diarra). We're a talented stretch 4
School but kids want to be designated as SF
Because they feel it's how they'll go pro.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Several posters said Mama2 is a done deal. What are you folks hearing now. Off to Cincy. Where's our tuna?

Reaction Score
The mama-duo would be the greatest tag team to ever step foot in Gampel. Hope we get him and he gives Mick Cronin the stunner. Hell yeah!
2nd best

CHZIEW5UsAMJTVU.png

Reaction Score

Weren't Wayne Ellington and ty Lawson close to committing as well based on Durant?

C

Chief00

So true - and the other thing was an assistant couldn't BS Calhoun on how things were going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom