Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Class of 2014 6'2" Forward/Post player out of Ohio. Not unexpected

Per Tweet from Bret McCormick

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Good...guess Maryland will have some competition when they join the Big 10....

Reaction Score
Ohio St moves up to a top 5 class.
Could this be the best class ever by a new coach?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Waterman's HS teammate Kathryn Westbeld reportedly plans to commit after taking her official visits to ND, OSU and UConn. I haven't heard whether Westbeld plans to visit UConn for First Night or some other weekend.

Reaction Score
Waterman's HS teammate Kathryn Westbeld reportedly plans to commit after taking her official visits to ND, OSU and UConn. I haven't heard whether Westbeld plans to visit UConn for First Night or some other weekend.

I'm guessing UConn is probably in 3rd place here?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm guessing UConn is probably in 3rd place here?

Perhaps, but it's not clear. She hasn't said much so it's difficult to get a feel for whether she's the type of kid who might want to challenge herself by leaving home and going in a different direction than her HS/AAU teammates. She always struck me as a ND fit but I don't know what she thinks of Reimer one class ahead and Turner in her class. Her game seems similar to Reimer's. She'd likely play early and often at OSU and she'd feel comfortable with her teammates. She'd have the opportunity to earn plenty of playing time at UConn and there's everything that comes with playing for Geno. I don't know if she values that over what the other schools have to offer.

All this is to say I have no idea and speculation from me isn't worth much.

Reaction Score
Why would you think that ?

Ohio st seems to have a lot of momentum, particularly with players she knows. And I had recalled Cat saying she thought Westbeld seemed an ND fit.

Reaction Score
Perhaps, but it's not clear. She hasn't said much so it's difficult to get a feel for whether she's the type of kid who might want to challenge herself by leaving home and going in a different direction than her HS/AAU teammates. She always struck me as a ND fit but I don't know what she thinks of Reimer one class ahead and Turner in her class. Her game seems similar to Reimer's. She'd likely play early and often at OSU and she'd feel comfortable with her teammates. She'd have the opportunity to earn plenty of playing time at UConn and there's everything that comes with playing for Geno. I don't know if she values that over what the other schools have to offer.

All this is to say I have no idea and speculation from me isn't worth much.

Thanks

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ohio st seems to have a lot of momentum, particularly with players she knows. And I had recalled Cat saying she thought Westbeld seemed an ND fit.

I was wondering when she would drop Duke from her list....

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I was wondering when she would drop Duke from her list....
Who says she dropped Duke? Duke may have dropped her when Belton committed. Duke casts a very large net; it seems every talented player is recruited by Duke. Coach P.'s offers are probably conditional, as in, 'we want you now but if others at your position commit before you, they get the spot.' That's the way a lot of football offers go. Westbeld and Waterman may have taken too much time deliberating to go to Duke.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
OSU. Here I thought we were talking Oklahoma State University, not The Ohio State University.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
With the addition of Waterman that is now a four player recruiting class with at least two highly ranked recruits (Green and Westbeld) still considering. Does McGuff take both if both want to come to tOSU for a class of six? Or is that too big. tOSU has no freshmen this season and a roster of 12. Four graduating seniors and four juniors.

Personally, I always felt like a six person class is tough since there are only five playing spots. But if they have no freshmen and lose four player next season this may be different.

Reaction Score
With the addition of Waterman that is now a four player recruiting class with at least two highly ranked recruits (Green and Westbeld) still considering. Does McGuff take both if both want to come to tOSU for a class of six? Or is that too big. tOSU has no freshmen this season and a roster of 12. Four graduating seniors and four juniors.

Personally, I always felt like a six person class is tough since there are only five playing spots. But if they have no freshmen and lose four player next season this may be different.

The Ohio State only has one player taller than 6'1" returning in 2014. If they can get more good posts they should.

Reaction Score

Yes they have 4, but Mitchells sister probably isn't even a top 200 player.

I think any coach who hasn't had big time success (eg, a F4 or NC) would have a hard time refusing a good player who's interested.
And then when you factor the prevalence off injuries....

A monster class would immediately generate great publicity for McGuff and show all future recruits that they are ready to compete. And in a talent rich area like Ohio, that's some pretty good PR.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Who says she dropped Duke? Duke may have dropped her when Belton committed. Duke casts a very large net; it seems every talented player is recruited by Duke. Coach P.'s offers are probably conditional, as in, 'we want you now but if others at your position commit before you, they get the spot.' That's the way a lot of football offers go. Westbeld and Waterman may have taken too much time deliberating to go to Duke.

Im happy with Belton.... think she was higher rated than both of the W's.... but then again... what do rankings matter

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Im happy with Belton.... think she was higher rated than both of the W's.... but then again... what do rankings matter
As a Duke fan, you should be happy with Belton. I'm sure that coach P is! All I meant by my post was that Duke was pursuing more posts than they could possibly sign (although McCallie did her best to sign them all), so Westbeld's and Waterman's slow trigger finger may have cost them a roster spot. Although based on Westbeld's Dad's recent (Aug 22nd) conversation with Jim Fuller, it appears Duke is still pursuing Westbeld: "Jim Westbeld said his daughter cut her list to four schools (UConn, Notre Dame, Duke and Ohio State) in June and those are the four schools still in contention for her." LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom