Makai Ashton Langford asks for Release | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Makai Ashton Langford asks for Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think the kid thinks he can go to a better situation (and P5 school) and play 30 minutes a game.

When we got put on probation guys left. But the guys who stayed became legends.

Maybe history can repeat itself.
2014 looks more and more like lightning in a bottle. It shouldn't be the basis of any future expectations here.

Reaction Score
.....didn't MAL hear we may play Wichita State next year? Hope this decision wasn't premature.

Reaction Score
Im sure ill get bombed for this but we could be seeing the beginning of the end of this program being among the elite. It is absolutely shocking how far this program has fallen in 3 years. We are in an absolute free fall and if we have another season finishing under 500 Ollie is gone and it may be the nail in the coffin for this program.

Reaction Score
2014 looks more and more like lightning in a bottle. It shouldn't be the basis of any future expectations here.
My point is more about the players staying and wanting to be here(when they could have left) and how they were viewed for doing it more than the NC.

Reaction Score
Im sure ill get bombed for this but we could be seeing the beginning of the end of this program being among the elite. It is absolutely shocking how far this program has fallen in 3 years. We are in an absolute free fall and if we have another season finishing under 500 Ollie is gone and it may be the nail in the coffin for this program.
Because we lost an incoming recruit who has never played a single college basketball game?

Reaction Score

If we have another .500 season, firing Ollie may be the only chance we get to avoid the scenario you describe.

If he gets 10 years to run the program completely into the ground, then it's over. We may still have time to pull out of the nosedive in the next 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
Ok things are a bit alarming due to the timing of all of this news. But we will see how things work out with he new staff not just Chillious but Killings too after a full year.

We didn't lose Ray, Caron, Rudy, Kemba or anyone please remember that. I know they could all leave, I still bleed blue. The people who continue to crap on KO and the things happening hope you're not here when it all returns because you just don't deserve to be, it's that simple. No issues expressing concerns there has to be but calling us a mid major for good, we're never going to be a blue bold, we suck it's over - go away find another team please it's really pitiful to read.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
My point is more about the players staying and wanting to be here(when they could have left) and how they were viewed for doing it more than the NC.
I understand, but I see a lot of people here think that this is some grand rebuilding scheme KO has that will result in our usual title run after 4-5 years. Shabazz Napier pulled a title out of his ass, and KO seems to be screwing the pooch ever since.

Reaction Score
Because we lost an incoming recruit who has never played a single college basketball game?
No. Its because since the title year we`re 62-43 and have not finished better than 5th in a crap conference. We`ve missed out on one recruit after another now we have guys jumping ship like the Titanic and oh yeah we also have staff being let go. None of these things in themselves should be a big deal but added up its clear this program has some serious issues and things arent looking bright.

Reaction Score
I understand, but I see a lot of people here think that this is some grand rebuilding scheme KO has that will result in our usual title run after 4-5 years. Shabazz Napier pulled a title out of his ass, and KO seems to be screwing the pooch ever since.

Shabazz pulled a title out his ass and JC pulled the 2011 out of Kemba's ass right? LOL...he kept players here that year but now it's pure BS because now a few leave. C'mon can't have it both ways.

Cause for concern hell yeah. Cause to jump off as well as attack the guy, I say absolutely not!

Reaction Score
If we have another .500 season, firing Ollie may be the only chance we get to avoid the scenario you describe.

If he gets 10 years to run the program completely into the ground, then it's over. We may still have time to pull out of the nosedive in the next 2-3 years.
You get rid of Ollie and replace him with who? Tom Creene? lol! If Ollie goes we need to make a big splash because another program guy isnt going to do it. I like Ollie but one thing ive been disappointed in has been his inability to recruit on a top tier level.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'd rather him pull it out of his ass than not at all. In sure the rest of the country would agree if it was their team. Don't forget Calhoun after '09 wasn't killing it either. He got saved by kemba. He game has changed and Ollie has realized it bringing chill in bc of his aau connections.

Reaction Score
I'd rather him pull it out of his ass than not at all. In sure the rest of the country would agree if it was their team. Don't forget Calhoun after '09 wasn't killing it either. He got saved by kemba. He game has changed and Ollie has realized it bringing chill in bc of his aau connections.

I'm not sure if I saw that year correctly I probably didn't because we didn't have a good bigs coach. I thought I saw Giffey have a career year, started getting a lot better when KO took over. Shabazz became a superstar under KO, Boat played a lot better on the defensive side, Deandre was really really good on the title run. Some would say man KO coached his ass off but not on the BY, 85% would say he got lucky LOL

Love this place!

Reaction Score
Some of his posts are funny, but he's out of his mind when it comes to unconditionally backing up KO

Unconditionally a UConn fan, expect to come out of it. Maybe it won't be with KO but he won me another title 3 years ago I won't throw him under the bus, but that's just me. Nothing wrong with those people I'd say there would more of a question for those who say we now "officially suck." If they win next year more and then make a run of sorts in 2 years how cold you even have the balls to climb back on I ask you? Seriously

C

Chief00

Well, I guess this is the cherry on top. Maybe if we beg and plead enough, Calhoun and Blaney will step in at the last minute.
So the old guard got to come to the rescue now? LOL

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun (and Dom Perno) built this program from nothing. It wasn't on 4/5 star recruits, but on hard-nosed young men that bought into JC's vision and gave their all for their coach, their teammates, and their university.

If these players don't want to be here, frankly I don't want to see them on the court wearing a UConn jersey. We played soft uninspired ball much of the year, and this was just one of the reasons why.

KO needs to coach better, he'd admit that. A majority of communication is nonverbal, his pout face is not just old to you and me, its old to his players.

The players need to play better. This season we couldn't sub someone even when they made mistakes, we didnt have the opportunity to provide teaching lessons and reinforce that poor play leads to sitting on the bench. Ollie far too many times had to coach energy as well. The players should be bringing this every game, it shouldn't have to be brought out of them.

Clearly venting here, but in all I'm an internal optimist. I think this can turn into a net positive for the program if KO takes a hard look at why these players are leaving/ turning away. UConn had three straight losing seasons before Jim Calhoun arrived in 1986, if KO learns from these hardaches and brings a renewed vision for himself and the program just like JC did, I think UConn will continue to shock the world.

Reaction Score
Maybe this is just me trying to make myself feel better.. I wasn't concerned about Enoch, was actually glad to see Jackson go, and this MAL thing doesn't tweak me.. He's a frail kid who can't shoot a jumper to save his life.. Floor general yes, with a TON of weapons who did all the scoring for him, again.. I'm fine... We'll be okay..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom