Magnificent Maya on fiya tonite.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Magnificent Maya on fiya tonite..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I agree. Hopefully, Seimone will learn from her Olympic experience. She is on a team that she does not have to carry. Same for Angel.

One of the key trademarks of UConn alums in the WNBA is better shot selection than almost everyone else.

In defense of Seimone--and I am *not at all* a big fan of 1-on-1 ball--Seimone is not trying to carry this team on a regular basis. She usually picks her spots pretty well. Last night she was off and was not sharp in a number of ways. This isn't surprising given her brief layoff. Last night wasn't the usual Seimone.

When the offensive movement is good and things are working smoothly, she is a very good team player. This happens a lot as evidenced by the Lynx's league-leading assist average. However, there are times, just as there are in college ball, when a player needs to create. Seimone is simply the best on her team at doing this, and to my eye she is way more efficient than most players who love to go 1-on-1. It would be difficult for anyone who has seen a lot of Lynx games to argue against the fact that Seimone not only attempts a lot of difficult, shake 'n' bake shots, runners and drives--she converts. (Her running floater is the best in the W, bar none.) IMO she has already learned that she doesn't need to carry this team - she found that out early in the 2011 season.

Reaction Score
Maya is one of a kind. The type of player you one day tell your grand kids about. I also agree that she will be even better in the future because of her work ethic. Scary, isn't it?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya is one of a kind. The type of player you one day tell your grand kids about. I also agree that she will be even better in the future because of her work ethic. Scary, isn't it?
I agree on all points. I've appreciated her for 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom