Magic number for getting locked out of the board? | The Boneyard

Magic number for getting locked out of the board?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Happened to me a couple times lately. Is there some way there could be a warning when a poster is getting close to "too many posts?" Can a mod maybe explain why this was put into affect? Maybe there was something previously but I missed it if that was the case. Thanks.

Reaction Score
I never knew about this either. If you reach the limit, you must contribute some great conversations

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I understand the limit at that time, because of the emotions surrounding the Final Four. I think it should be increased by double or so.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On a day when there’s 6 WNBA games going on with threads to most of them, my comments can reach the limit pretty quickly. I couldn’t even comment on my own Lynx team.
Agreed!!!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I hope not. Certainly not the 2nd time it happened, none of my posts were remotely argumentative.
Note really pointed at you - Just a general jest. If I offended, please accept an apology:(

Reaction Score
Looks like Sluconn Husky has received papal dispensation in the U17 trials thread. Good thing! He (or she) has provided a torrent of quality information. Slu's efforts have deepened my awareness of and appreciation for the wcbb horizon.

JS

Reaction Score
I understand the limit at that time, because of the emotions surrounding the Final Four. I think it should be increased by double or so.
Right. Some of the more emotional people were using the board for public venting that tended to overwhelm threads.

The limit is now lifted until such time, if any, as it's needed again. Thanks, Milford, for recently making the case that "the post limit is preventing discussion rather than facilitating it."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This may be a problem during game threads certainly
For the last few games of the season the chat feature was used instead of the game thread.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
:cool:
I hope not. Certainly not the 2nd time it happened, none of my posts were remotely argumentative.

I've been locked out once on what would have been my last post of the evening. I simply amended my previous post to include the last comment I wanted to make.

Glad to hear the "post governor" has been deactivated. Some of us are very active during game threads, and can unwittingly exceed that limit before halftime. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
When will the database issues get fixed? It’s definitely user related. If I’m logged in I hit it (“an unexpected database error has occurred. please try again later.”) 100% of the time when trying to reach any of the board’s main pages where all the threads are listed. If I’m not logged in I never hit it. Happens on different browsers, devices, the only fix may be to ultimately create a new account which is what I’ll do if it doesn’t fix itself in the next two months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom