Maddy Siegrist is a great player and sometimes mentioned as a possible Player of the Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maddy Siegrist is a great player and sometimes mentioned as a possible Player of the Year

Reaction Score
Maybe she will play for UConn next year?
The only chance she has for playing in this state is for the Sun. By the time they draft, she should be long gone.

Reaction Score
Ummmm..... They could meet in the NCAA tournament
They could, but most likely if they will be placed in different brackets. If they do meet in a final four, that would be great.

Reaction Score
The degree of difficulty on the shots she made was off the charts. Still scratching my head, that in the face of the great defense , how did that go in? Happy we won't play her anymore. Against a poor defense, a la Iowa, she could score 50 again.
Iowa?

Reaction Score
Siegrist is a great player and sometimes mentioned as a possible Player of the Year.
But for some reason (Can anyone guess why?) she never reaches that level when she
plays UConn.
Yes, her performances are good or vey good, but she is always “held in check” and never able to take over the game.
I really like Maddys game. She is moving most of the time. She tries to be everything everytime her team needs it. As one has said, Nova would be a lot less without her. OLD Harry P, would have loved having her on his team. Harry did a lot with less.

Reaction Score
In one game against us 2 years ago, I remember Siegrist being held to 2 points (free throws) in the second half.
If you have taken note Geno likes to play 1 trick ponies, teams with the "do all" stars. You handle them and the game is yours. Look at this year --Clark didn't reach her potential against Uconn, Maddy worked hard only scored easily with 2 minutes to play. Morrow, is a bull, and talented yet Edwards held her in check.

This team these last 2 or 3 years have had "OPTIONS" causing the --"who do we shut down" befuddlement for opponents. Rusty Azzi, finally chipped away some rust and hit a couple of 3's---as expect after sitting so long. Yet, she kept Nova and Marquette thinking she could "go off" on them.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If you have taken note Geno likes to play 1 trick ponies, teams with the "do all" stars. You handle them and the game is yours. Look at this year --Clark didn't reach her potential against Uconn, Maddy worked hard only scored easily with 2 minutes to play. Morrow, is a bull, and talented yet Edwards held her in check.

This team these last 2 or 3 years have had "OPTIONS" causing the --"who do we shut down" befuddlement for opponents. Rusty Azzi, finally chipped away some rust and hit a couple of 3's---as expect after sitting so long. Yet, she kept Nova and Marquette thinking she could "go off" on them.
I expect Siegrist and Caitlin Clark (Iowa) to have long and stellar careers in the WNBA. Both of them can flat-out score the basketball. A skill that is sought out and coveted by coaches and GM's at that level.

Reaction Score
She’s a great player with a great soft touch, she will need to get stronger at the next level.Seems like a great person and she sure was happy when she kept her 20 point streak alive in garbage time. Which surprised me a little given the score.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I expect Siegrist and Caitlin Clark (Iowa) to have long and stellar careers in the WNBA. Both of them can flat-out score the basketball. A skill that is sought out and coveted by coaches and GM's at that level.
I agree on Clark. Siegrist is a great offensive player with a game that reminds me of NBA MVP Luka Doncic. When she catches the ball 15 feet or less from the basket she simply turns into the defender and shoots the ball, making shot after shot.

With that said, Siegrist is not a great defender. Both Aaliyah & Dorka consistently beat her off the dribble. At the next level Siegrist will likely play on the wing where she will face some exceptionally quick players. She has to become a better defender to make it in the W.

Reaction Score
Certainly in the POY conversation but I think may come in 3rd or 4th in the voting when all is said and done. Not that she isn’t a great player, which she is, I just think Clark gets the nod over Boston this year and then the kid from Va Tech slips in here somewhere.

Reaction Score
She’s an elite offensive player has great hops great body control I think her release is a tad slow but she releases at a very high point so difficult to block .. she plays with a lot of passion and I haven’t seen her play outside of UConn so based on that I see her being a very average defender ..

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
People throwing shade Maddie Siegrist's way.

FOR SHAME.

• A 6' 1" guard
  • Scores 65+ percent of her teams points, every time out
  • Has to guard either the power forward or Center
  • Without her (as someone else said earlier) Nova wins about 6 games
  • No complaints from her though; as she gets on with it
  • UConn pounded the ball inside to Edwards, guarded by Siegrist
  • AND, she had 9 boards anyway.
There was no way Nova wins last night. Imagine the pressure on her, knowing that she was their only hope for points and then on the defensive side she has to play down low and go against UCONN's 6' 3" Edwards and 6' 5" Juhasz.

Someone earlier said that she got her points in garbage time.....THERE was NO garbage time last night as both teams played their best all the way through to the last 13 seconds. It's called respect and props to Geno for NOT bringing on the end of the bench. Again, Respect.

Sooooo - for shame that anyone would belittle her contribution.

Major props to Siegrist: What a player, indeed!

Reaction Score
People throwing shade Maddie Siegrist's way.

FOR SHAME.

• A 6' 1" guard
  • Scores 65+ percent of her teams points, every time out
  • Has to guard either the power forward or Center
  • Without her (as someone else said earlier) Nova wins about 6 games
  • No complaints from her though; as she gets on with it
  • UConn pounded the ball inside to Edwards, guarded by Siegrist
  • AND, she had 9 boards anyway.
There was no way Nova wins last night. Imagine the pressure on her, knowing that she was their only hope for points and then on the defensive side she has to play down low and go against UCONN's 6' 3" Edwards and 6' 5" Juhasz.

Someone earlier said that she got her points in garbage time.....THERE was NO garbage time last night as both teams played their best all the way through to the last 13 seconds. It's called respect and props to Geno for NOT bringing on the end of the bench. Again, Respect.

Sooooo - for shame that anyone would belittle her contribution.

Major props to Siegrist: What a player, indeed!
That’s not true UConn was in a no foul mode and running the clock and at that point held an obvious insurmountable lead, in other words garbage time. Nobody I saw belittled her by merely stating the obvious.

Reaction Score
Siegrist is the type of kid you look at(like Marina Mabrey or Chelsea Gray) and wonder....."how is she that good?"

Maddy has exceptional body control, great footwork, and very long arms. She is both very crafty and she has excellent touch around the basket, plus she can score in a variety of ways. She's great at methodically backing defenders down and then using her skill set to get an array of different type of shots off and her long arms allow her to shoot mid range jumpers(which she makes a lot of) with defenders in her face. She is just a very fundamentally sound player who you can tell received excellent coaching as a kid. Whoever said EDD, I can see it. She is very much Diet Elena Delle Donne.
I'll be curious to see how her game translates at the next level.......

Reaction Score
Maddy made a " senior leap" (kind of) after playing on the 3X3 circuit this past summer. (IMO)
I was rooting her Ms. Siegrist to get to those 20 points last night to maintain her streak. Next
up is Kelsey Plum at 35 games in a row. Maddy is at 34.
She should break Plum's record of 35 given two subregional games, and has an outside shot of breaking Plum's single season record of 1109 (Siegrist is at 984) if Villanova makes a deep run, or Siegrist has a monster game or two.

Reaction Score
Maddie is a joy to watch. She could be a huge game changer at the next level depending on the team and coaching style.

Reaction Score
Olddude has it absolutely right about Maddie. A great scorer of the basketball but will have to get better on defense to make it in the W. But is very capable.......

Reaction Score
Maddy is a very good player and should do well in the next level because she can score against anybody (everyone this season did everything they could to stop her and she still scored over 20 in every game). Long arms and a high release point for her shot, soft touch as well as good ball handling skills and real good hands make her an offensive force.
She seems also to be a good kid who does everything for her team and i have no doubt that if she played for UConn we would all love her!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, those who postulated, here are the stats for Siegrist this year against UConn (3 games) her season average (line above), her career against UConn (7 games) and her career averages. The UConn coaches have done a great job in their schemes and the players a great job in executing them. And a correction, Siegrist has NEVER been listed as a guard so sorry @Big Mick but your point is well taken.
Her 30.6 Efficiency metric places her 3rd behind Reese (34.7) and Clark (30.7). Kitley is at 25.5 and last years POY Boston is at 22.2 (Aaliyah Edwards is at 22.6).

Va Tech has played #31 SoS while Villanova has played #24, LSU #81, Iowa #13 and SC #6.

BE Siegrist.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom