mad dog goes off | Page 2 | The Boneyard

mad dog goes off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
College basketball is supposed to sell itself. This dumbarse committee doesn't even watch the games. It's insane they put UVA in the tournament over St. John's.
They just wanted to honor the old ACC guard even Pitt was more deserving.

Reaction Score
My advice to PC, St John’s and Seton Hall. Win more games. Then you won’t be on the bubble. Seton Hall is the only 1 with a legit gripe. And spare me the St John’s won 6 games down the stretch. Creighton was a good win, but superjohn, palatine and I could have gone 3-3 against Georgetown x2, DePaul, Butler, Creighton and Seton zHall. If pal was hitting the 3 maybe we go 4-2. But yes, the Hall got screwed. But sadly it is because they are Seton Hall. If it comes down to a name program and a nothing burger the name gets it every time. Have you guys never watched this stuff?

Reaction Score
My thing is, like Mad Dog said, do they actually watch the teams? Virginia was getting crushed by 20 pts. per game many times down the stretch of the season, got hammered in the ACC and honestly looked liked they packed it in for the season. Something needs to be done to look at who's hot and who's not. The goal should be a competitive tournament and a team like St. John's who won 6 or 7 down the stretch and gave UConn a fight in the Big East Tournament was much more likely to have given a good game in the NCAA Tournament than a team that looked like they were on life support in Virginia. I think St. John's could've won a couple games. Teams from other conferences struggle with the style of play of Big East teams.
Unfortunately St. John's was awful in the beginning of the season.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The whole world knows Mad dog is right, save for a few nerds. And their "metrics" doesn't even support this nonsense

I love the backlash to peabrains are getting, they should be embarrassed of themselves

"Mileage", we talking about mileage. LMFAO

The committee couldn't even justify what they did, they didn't bother trying

willie99

Reaction Score
My advice to PC, St John’s and Seton Hall. Win more games. Then you won’t be on the bubble. Seton Hall is the only 1 with a legit gripe. And spare me the St John’s won 6 games down the stretch. Creighton was a good win, but superjohn, palatine and I could have gone 3-3 against Georgetown x2, DePaul, Butler, Creighton and Seton zHall. If pal was hitting the 3 maybe we go 4-2. But yes, the Hall got screwed. But sadly it is because they are Seton Hall. If it comes down to a name program and a nothing burger the name gets it every time. Have you guys never watched this stuff?
Spare us the poppycock and make your case.

NCAA Net Ranking?

Ken Pom?

The eye test?

What do you want to cite? because whatever it is, St John's is in. Case closed

Reaction Score

NCAA Net Ranking?

Ken Pom?

The eye test?

Dude, they lost to Michigan, BC and Dayton and almost lost to North Texas. At one point, they lost 8 out of 10 games. Their only good non-conf win was Utah. There were probably a dozen more deserving teams.

willie99

Reaction Score
Dude, they lost to Michigan, BC and Dayton and almost lost to North Texas. At one point, they lost 8 out of 10 games. Their only good non-conf win was Utah. There were probably a dozen more deserving teams.

Dude

Their NCAA Net Rankings is 32, by their own modern day metrics they're in

Their KenPom ranking is 26, the most respected metrics outside of Vegas

Most importantly, the eye test says they were gelling down the stretch. They competed with us. Nobody on the bubble is going to compete with us

Reaction Score
Six teams from the Mountain West,
Season 2 What GIF by The Lonely Island

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Unfortunately St. John's was awful in the beginning of the season.
To be expected in their situation. But for the "committee" to not see the relative potential of St J vs VA going into the tourney indicates too much relaince on metrics (aka they don't watch basketball games) or prejudice and tone deafness.

Reaction Score
Dog was right except about the Mountain West, who themselves got screwed for the benefit of the Virginias and MSUs and Clemsons.

Reaction Score
Dude

Their NCAA Net Rankings is 32, by their own modern day metrics they're in

Their KenPom ranking is 26, the most respected metrics outside of Vegas

Most importantly, the eye test says they were gelling down the stretch. They competed with us. Nobody on the bubble is going to compete with us
8 out of 10 dude, 8 out of 10. Maybe not suck ooc and they're in.

Its probably a good thing they skipped the NIT though, middle of the BE is getting rekt.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
My advice win more games or move your school to the Midwest. Instead of investigating Temple someone should be investigating the NCAA. I can’t wait for the day they no longer exist. I have felt for 25 years that the committee had a bias toward the Big10. They have no monetary reason to promote the big east. And PHD DR Yes Man Schellman or Frontman whatever his name is should be criticized every day for the rest of his career. That smirk he had while giving his lame excuse bothers me more everyday.

They made it a one bracket tournament and they should be ashamed. If we run the table again we need a speech from Cam that is Shabazz like. It should be this is what happens when you set up the bracket favoring other conferences. Or this is what happens when you disrespect our conference.

The NCAA is corrupt and needs to be eliminated. I would pay for a public tar and feathering. This was their last chance. Time for a change.

Reaction Score
College basketball is supposed to sell itself. This dumbarse committee doesn't even watch the games. It's insane they put UVA in the tournament over St. John's.
The Virginia coach said his team can move side to side, and guard without fouling

Reaction Score
Yes, the talented Molly Qerim was on set.

Mad Dog's schtick was enjoyable back in the day. Now it seems a little bit forced, but eh, it's Mad Dog.

Why not pile on.

Stephen A. calling for Tony Bennett to be fired is crazy. Yeah, they've been bad offensively in recent years, but it's not like Bennett hasn't had good offensive teams in the past. When they were the #1 seed and lost to UMBC they finished as #30 in offensive efficiency and when they won it all next year they finished #2 all while maintaining their top 10 defense that they're known for. I don't know what he and his staff have been doing recently, but history shows that they're more than capable of constructing very good and well balanced teams.

Reaction Score
My advice win more games or move your school to the Midwest. Instead of investigating Temple someone should be investigating the NCAA. I can’t wait for the day they no longer exist. I have felt for 25 years that the committee had a bias toward the Big10. They have no monetary reason to promote the big east. And PHD DR Yes Man Schellman or Frontman whatever his name is should be criticized every day for the rest of his career. That smirk he had while giving his lame excuse bothers me more everyday.

They made it a one bracket tournament and they should be ashamed. If we run the table again we need a speech from Cam that is Shabazz like. It should be this is what happens when you set up the bracket favoring other conferences. Or this is what happens when you disrespect our conference.

The NCAA is corrupt and needs to be eliminated. I would pay for a public tar and feathering. This was their last chance. Time for a change.
That smirk says we have the power and we will do whatever we want. The arrogance is beyond belief.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Arguing about individual bubble teams is pretty useless because they all have flaws and they all have pros and cons. Saying "just win more" is dumb. There will always be close calls.
What people are mad about is the ample evidence that the committee phoned it in.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Brings back memories of the I-man
One of my neighbors (who will remain nameless) was a writer on the Imus show. He said he really couldn't stand either of them, but Russo was bearable . . .

Reaction Score

NCAA Net Ranking?

Ken Pom?

The eye test?

Obviously not. Since, you know, they are watching from home. I told you. They were not that good. In the meat of their schedule they went 2-8. Then went on a 6 game win streak which sounds more impressive in the abstract than it was in reality. Beat Creighton. Great upset win. Then they beat Georgetown (2-18 Conference record) Butler (9-11 and in the midst of its own 5 game losing streak) DePaul (0-20), Georgetown again, and Seton Hall, a good win. Add in losses to Michigan and BC and the got what they deserved. Want to call it the eye test, fine. that’s what it was. They were not that good. They certainly didn’t deserve to get in over Seton Hall who owned a winning record head to head, a better league record, comparable season win total, and a win over the #1 team in the country And a win over #5 Marquette. In a year with 5 bid stealers compared to the typical 2 the Johnnies are on the outside looking in every time. Only reason they even come up is Pitino and the media’s desire for a feel good story.
I don’t get all the St John’s sympathy honestly. Except Pitino in his usual classless way ran to the media and whined. I hate Seton Hall. Hate them. But in this case they got screwed, not the the Johnnies. Mad dog and his cronies would have had a case if they argued Seton Hall. So would you. And if Pitino wasn’t the St John’s coach, maybe they would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom