OT: - Macy’s Day Parade | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Macy’s Day Parade

Reaction Score
1) Make friends with someone who works for a company with an office that lines Broadway. It's the sky box version, with good view, good food, central heating, and indoor plumbing.

2) Alternative if travel, timing & temperatures are supportive: go to the grounds of Museum of Natural History the night before and watch the balloons being inflated...unless I'm no longer up to date, and that one-tone solid joy is now - like what you've just read about the parade - straight out of Yogi Berra, "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

PS - Unlike with my punctuation corrections, I love that it is so commonly called the "Macy's Day Parade."
I love the PS. Absolutely hilarious.

Reaction Score
I did it one year from a nice, warm conference room with several friends and coolers (no booze) to keep us and the kids happy at an office my employer had right on 6th Avenue. It was nice. Could not pay me to stand there is the (usually) freezing weather in a 10-deep line with kids complaining they can't see anything because I refused to basically camp-out overnight to get a front-row standing spot.

Reaction Score
Brought my kids on year when they were young (like 4& 6). Took an early train into the city and got a spot a few row of people back from the street. Once the parade started we were getting pushed back and pinnied against a building. We made our way to a side street and I stood on a fire hydrant (not an easy trick) and took turns holding the kids up so they could see something. Survived and took the train home. Wife agreed we never would do that again.

A few years ago we went in for the Wed evening ballon inflation. That was great. Very organized. You can take time walking through a path that loops through the area and see each balloon close up. I would recommend that and stay home watch the parade on TV.

9EE55163-A9A1-4BD4-A1D2-3399F1BBF5C3.jpeg

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
It fizzled unfortunately. Wife couldn’t get tomorrow off, which made the stay difficult. Too bad, it’s mild out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They're keeping the balloons low due to winds. That's not as good.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Never been but my wife works at their HQ so we have the option to be balloon-holders every year. Just can't bring myself to sign up to get there at 3-4 AM and freeze my acorns off.
Could be a new entry to your Bucket List?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom