Luxury Watches | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Luxury Watches

Reaction Score
I'm interested in getting a lower end entry level watch.

Not at a Rolex level, but ready to wear something nice. I'm thinking of a Baltic, Tag Heuer, Seiko, Tissot, Orient, Citizen, etc.

I'd like to know what the watch snobs think and thanks.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I have a Tag that was given to me by my group when I retired and I love it. I also have a Raymond Weil that my wife got me for our 25th (next year is our 50th) and I got a Citizen for my 25th year on our town rescue squad. So I love all three but not because of the make of the watch but more because of the love that came with each

Reaction Score
I'm interested in getting a lower end entry level watch.

Not at a Rolex level, but ready to wear something nice. I'm thinking of a Baltic, Tag Heuer, Seiko, Tissot, Orient, Citizen, etc.

I'd like to know what the watch snobs think and thanks.
Movado watches are attractive, reliable and affordable < $1k

Reaction Score
I’m a big watch guy. Probably own ~40. I have all price points from my Casio G Shock to Tissot to Rolex to Panerai to JLC. I collect and follow new releases as one of my main hobbies. If you’re looking at the sub luxury market I would recommend Seiko or Tissot. Seiko Presage are an excellent value. Seiko 5 divers have a cult following among enthusiasts and are always nice. Tissot PRX is hard to beat for value and style as well.

In the sub 5k price range I would recommend Longines, Oris, Bremont, Christopher Ward and Tudor. Longines Spirit Zulu is a beautiful line at a great price point. Oris Big Crown is a personal favorite. Also a fan of Yema, Nomos and Baltic as generally a nice watch at a good price point.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I do like watches, started a small collection, but before I bought anything of serious note I shifted my hobbies to something else. So I’m a quitter.

Brands I own are Movado, Citizen, Hamilton and a Cartier that was later determined to be fake.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I have a Tag that was given to me by my group when I retired and I love it. I also have a Raymond Weil that my wife got me for our 25th (next year is our 50th) and I got a Citizen for my 25th year on our town rescue squad. So I love all three but not because of the make of the watch but more because of the love that came with each
I've got a nice Raymond Weil my ex-wife gave me as a wedding present, lasted way way longer than the marriage did! Also check out Breitling, US HQ in Wilton, I know a few people who have gotten serious deals via friends/friends of friends who work there.

Reaction Score
Real bosses strap $1k in cash to their arm with tape every morning.

One of many ways to blow money on things that people enjoy but are of little practical value.

• Watches
  • Clothes
  • An $80k pickup that will see an actual payload once in it’s lifetime.
  • New golf clubs for the average hacker

At least for watches, if you buy used, you can get ones that pretty much hold their value.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I have an Omega speedmaster that I love. It’s a bit of a sleeper in that non-watch folks won’t really give it much notice, but watch people will appreciate it. Definitely on the higher lower end though.

Also have the Seiko knockoff Rolex Pepsi that is my day to day watch and I love.
I have that same Seiko model. Nice looking and tells time, my goal.

Reaction Score
Go with Bond, Omega.

I've always wanted a nice sporty expensive watch. I inherited a decent watch and received a dressy Gucci as a gift, and both were stolen. It's been primarily Timex Ironmans and my current Garmin watch since then and I don't think I'd be comfortable wearing something heavy on my wrist anymore. I am sure these performance watches also come in high end styles now though. The fakes that you buy on the street of NYC are always good options. You don't care if you lose or break them.

Reaction Score
watch.png

Reaction Score
CT boy John Mayer has a serious luxury watch obsession. He dresses like a dirty hippy on stage with Dead & Co. but wears a $1 million watch on his wrist
I’ve heard some stories that his a creeper but since I can’t verify them I won’t share them. All I know is he broke Taylor Swifts heart so he’s dead to me. I hope he overwinds his watches and is frequently annoyed at their poor performance.

Reaction Score
I'm wayyyy on the lower end but I love Hamilton and wear an Orient Manta Ray as my typical every day. It's fantastic for the price.
Orient is what I got too, my model is the Orient Bambino. Love it, looks great, time is very accurate, only was $250. It also is smaller case diameter- 38 mm, I think- I hate those big watches, maybe okay if diving.

Reaction Score
Go with Bond, Omega.

I've always wanted a nice sporty expensive watch. I inherited a decent watch and received a dressy Gucci as a gift, and both were stolen. It's been primarily Timex Ironmans and my current Garmin watch since then and I don't think I'd be comfortable wearing something heavy on my wrist anymore. I am sure these performance watches also come in high end styles now though. The fakes that you buy on the street of NYC are always good options. You don't care if you lose or break them.

I won an Omega 007 in a charity poker tournament last month. I have to figure out what to do with it. It's beautiful, but I hate the idea of wearing a watch. Giving it to my son in ~15 years sounds nice until he starts telling people, "my dad won this in a poker game"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom