Lunardi just bumped us out | The Boneyard

Lunardi just bumped us out

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Saint Mary's in, Huskies dropped to first four out. We still have to beat the Bearcats.

Reaction Score
All this week has shown me is beat Cinci and we're in. The bubble is very crowded but a win Friday should get us into the dance when you compare resumes.

Reaction Score
Joe LunardiSenior Writer, ESPN.com
Keeping Monmouth and Saint Mary's in the NCAA field for now. Both likely to be passed by Sunday. UConn and Oregon St. are momentarily out.

Reaction Score
Keeping Monmouth and Saint Mary's in the NCAA field for now. Both likely to be passed by Sunday. UConn and Oregon St. are momentarily out.

So...let me re-phrase this so I understand it correctly: "Teams who have played no one and were fringe bubble teams continue to lose, but I'm going to jump them over these other teams that haven't played"...got it Joe, you're a rock star keep up the good work pal

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

I realize it's always a fluid situation, but if you already expect to change a prediction momentarily, why state it in the first place? Is this explanation his way of predicting we will beat Cincinnati?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
So...let me re-phrase this so I understand it correctly: "Teams who have played no one and were fringe bubble teams continue to lose, but I'm going to jump them over these other teams that haven't played"...got it Joe, you're a rock star keep up the good work pal
It's not really an exact science. He simply updates his bracket to who he thinks is in at that moment in time. Nothing has changed, we have to at least beat Cinci to have a chance.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Serious question, is it possible that despite Lunardi's bracketology having no bearing on the committee's decisions that they indirectly can affect them? By changing the public perception on who should be in or out the committee can make certain moves knowing that their won't be as much public outcry because "Joey Brackets" had them out as well. What do you guys think?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Winning takes care of any bubble talk. Just win baby.

Reaction Score
I hope this is plastered all over the locker room and the coaches' offices. Maybe we'll finally play with some urgency in a big game, knowing our entire season is on the line.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I hope this is plastered all over the locker room and the coaches' offices. Maybe we'll finally play with some urgency in a big game, knowing our entire season is on the line.
Uh, I think they're aware of the magnitude of Friday's game and know that their chances are a lot better with a win. "Joey Brackets" putting a couple mid majors ahead of them in his opinion isn't gonna light any extra fire that isn't already there. If they wanna dance they need to win and make a statement this weekend that Huskies peak in March.

Reaction Score
Serious question, is it possible that despite Lunardi's bracketology having no bearing on the committee's decisions that they indirectly can affect them? By changing the public perception on who should be in or out the committee can make certain moves knowing that their won't be as much public outcry because "Joey Brackets" had them out as well. What do you guys think?

If anything I think they'd want to show that Lunardi got it wrong and that they're smarter than him.

Reaction Score
If anything I think they'd want to show that Lunardi got it wrong and that they're smarter than him.

That's if these kids are wired that way. There have been other major tests that they have failed which is why they aren't getting the benefit of the doubt from pretty much everyone right now.

Reaction Score
I almost feel like we need to win two games to be safe. Monmouth will get in most likely although they did not win their final. Saint Mary and their could be 1 or 3 others that bump us out. There are the schools like Pitt, Hofstra, Syracuse, GW, Davison, Akron, SC, Florida and even Princeton RPI better the ours. So Uconn probably needs two wins to be a sure thing!

Reaction Score
Gents, this is not our first rodeo. Who cares what Lunardi thinks on wed. He knows that Monmouth and most likely St. Mary's have no shot. Why alienate fan bases when the big boys are still days away from playing? Back to Lunardi....... He prides himself on accuracy but this is the year he can miss on quite a few names. A win vs. cincy puts us in lock territory. That's all that matters. I saw enough in the second half on Sunday to believe UConn will show up on Friday. I believe!!!!!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
three small conference tournament losers were all kept in the field by Joe, I doubt all three get in

I actually think having 3 of them may hurt all their chances, if they decide to leave one out that may just drag the other two with them

As for us, nothing changes, we needed to win before and we need to win now

Reaction Score
Are Monmouth's win any better than ours? I mean there better "for Monmouth" but thsts not fair. Plus they have some horrible loses.

But the bench celebrations!!

Reaction Score
56090510.jpg

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Two to be sure.

Saint Mary's has lost to Pepperdine twice and their non-con wins are over San Francisco St. (Not even USF), Manhattan, Stanford, CSU Bakersfield, UC Davis, UC Irvine, Cal Poly, Southern Utah, Utah Valley, and Grand Canyon.

The committee has got to see through that.

Reaction Score
Saint Mary's in, Huskies dropped to first four out. We still have to beat the Bearcats.
Lol...Lunardi is on crack...St. Mary's is ahead of UConn right now? They have 18 200+ Rpi wins & only notable wins are Zaga twice...zero chance they get an at-large. We could lose to Cincy and still be ahead of St. Mary's, both of us would be out come Sunday but St. Mary's is totally off the board now....as should be Valpo & Witchita St....still think committee may find a way to include Monmouth but they should really be the only mid-major still in consideration for an at-large.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Prediction:

Lose Friday and it is hello NIT.
Win Friday, confidence increases and we end up winning the AAC tournament and erasing any doubt. There is no other team in the league (besides SMU) that even worries me from a talent standpoint. Odds are we will play Temple in the second round then we just need to beat Tulsa or Houston. It's not exactly the march of death in the Big East of 2011.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Keep calm and return fire.

When we were down to St. Joe's in 2014, a UCONN buddy and I were watching the game in a pro-UCONN NYC bar. The mood was grim. Almost everyone there thought we were done. My buddy looks at me and a few others and said, "We're good kids from good families. We always win in these situations." BANG! UCONN National Champs. We've got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom