Love for Kia Nurse in today's Globe & Mail | The Boneyard

Love for Kia Nurse in today's Globe & Mail

Reaction Score
Apologies if this has already been posted. There's a great article about Kia Nurse and UConn in today's Globe & Mail, one of Canada's national newspapers. The print version's got a full-page colour photo on the front cover of the sports section. Pretty exciting to see, as the coverage of March Madness is sometimes a little scant up here, especially when it comes to the women's tournament (occasional articles about Nurse and Achonwa, the women's Olympic team, and that's pretty much it).

Just thought I'd share!

On a 107-game streak, Hamilton’s Kia Nurse and UConn storm into NCAA tournament

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very honest article about Kia and her role among UCONN's latest "superstars". A true team player.

Reaction Score
In the article:
“He’ll never tell us how good we are – that never happens around here,” Nurse told The Globe and Mail.

I'll bet he eventually tells them that no team has exceeded expectations like this one did, win or lose.

Reaction Score
Kia is clutch. I am so glad she had an outstanding performance against Albany. Hopefully this game gave her great confidence in her ankle and her outside shot. I agree with Geno. I think Kia/Chong/Dangerfield will be the X factors that win the tourney for them.

Reaction Score
First time I saw where the Toronto game was going to be. Thanks! Great article.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom