Lou's UConn Presser | The Boneyard

Lou's UConn Presser

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I was surprised. She looks so young, but seems grounded and certainly well spoken. We'll start there. She has a lot to learn and it doesn't help that half the squad isn't on the court.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou has already earned Geno's respect. She appears very mature and goal oriented. She will be a significant piece, especially if Caroline or Azzi need to watch their minutes

And the defense limitations does not bother me. 90 % of defense is team defense and knowing your positions.

Reaction Score
Lou has already earned Geno's respect. She appears very mature and goal oriented. She will be a significant piece, especially if Caroline or Azzi need to watch their minutes

And the defense limitations does not bother me. 90 % of defense is team defense and knowing your positions.
I sort of agree about defense, though I'd give a hefty slice of the defense pie chart to hustling after every loose ball. The Fairfield zone may not have demanded as much of that from her, but we certainly need it. Creighton dominated the first 3/4 of the first game last season because they simply out-hustled us.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I was surprised. She looks so young, but seems grounded and certainly well spoken. We'll start there. She has a lot to learn and it doesn't help that half the squad isn't on the court.
Just taking it easy to get back into shape and nurse the old injuries, but come August, its game on for everybody.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A little more feedback from Lou

"I'm going to embrace any role that I have," Lopez Senechal said. "I'm not looking for one particular role. There's other great, talented players here so I don't have one specific idea. I'm open to anything. I'm trying to embrace what role I'm going to have. Definitely, they're using me more as an outside threat on the wing, not really on the post. I'm just learning a lot from my teammates, whatever role I have."

Lopez Senechal said the biggest difference at UConn is that the offense is more fast-paced, with fewer set plays, something she enjoys. Also, she's come to find that the Huskies "focus on every little detail."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More feedback into how Lou has integrated into the team

Lopez Sénéchal said she’s been impressed with Bueckers from doing individual workouts with UConn star. (Clearly her vision is 20-20)

“Definitely what you see on TV, I saw it here and it’s real. She’s really good,” {A little European understating ;)} Lopez Sénéchal said. “She’s very talented so I’m very excited to get to know her more on the court, off the court and learn from her. She’s a special person too so it’s cool to know her outside of just social media and I’m definitely really excited to play with her every day.”

“She’s been great,” fellow transfer Dorka Juhász said. “She’s fitting in great, everybody likes her. And I’ve been seeing her working out and she’s just perfectly fitting into it as a person but also as a player. She’s a very hard worker. She wants to win. She wants the challenge, so I think she’s going to be a great contribution to our team.”

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
From the article,
Not only did Lopez Sénéchal tour the Storrs campus and meet her new teammates, but her parents even flew in from France to see the program that was recruiting their daughter. They even made sure to bring her new coach some local wine from their hometown overseas.
“When UConn reached out to me, it really became my top one priority I would say,” Lopez Sénéchal said. “I think it was a no-brainer for me for the challenge I was looking for. I think UConn would be the best place for that.

Reaction Score
It's going to take me a little while to remember it's not "that" Lou.

Reaction Score
Did I hear Coach say that Azzi is sitting as a precaution?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Slightly repackaged video with some different Geno quotes, Dorka, Lou and Caroline (on Lou)

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to yelling Looooooou! at the XL center. KLS would definitely approve.

Tougher competition? Without a doubt, but the court is the same, the hoop is the same, the 3-point line is the same. If Lou is as good as her Stag stats indicate she will score points. How many depends on her minutes which depends on her defense. Oh yeah, there's some kid named Caroline who will be competing for minutes at the SF.

Reaction Score
Is there any comparison or any player in recent history who has made a transfer from a non power conference school to a power conference school and made an impact. I guess Cardano Hillary...but does anyone come to mind

Reaction Score
Is there any comparison or any player in recent history who has made a transfer from a non power conference school to a power conference school and made an impact. I guess Cardano Hillary...but does anyone come to mind
Raina Perez. Diamond Johnson. Abby Meyers may turn out to be another one.

Reaction Score
From the article,
They even made sure to bring her new coach some local wine from their hometown overseas.
Piggybacking on the other thread - would this be a violation? Can coaches accept gifts?

Reaction Score
Raina Perez. Diamond Johnson. Abby Meyers may turn out to be another one.
Mannnn I'm such a huge fan of Raina. Completely slipped my mind. And I think it's sort of a good comparison. I know Raina is like 5'5 and definitely plays the point, but just in terms of being a great scorer and continuing to be that even against higher competition. Obviously her shot attempts and opportunities were different at NC State but there were times where she just made huge buckets. Credit Wes Moore for giving her the keys basically as soon as she stepped on campus.
Diamond had a great year at Rutgers and made the tourney with Arella G before heading to NC State. She was a bit up and down last year and her shooting percentages really dropped but I think she'll be great this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom