Louisville Loses Again | The Boneyard

Louisville Loses Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This time to Dayton 79-66. The last time they played was in the Sweet 16 which of course Dayton won as well.

[LINK]

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Louisville may end up with a 7-5 or 6-6 record entering ACC Player. Current record is 1-4. Now looking at an 7 or 8 seed unless they show dramatic improvement during ACC Play.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And this was the team that EVERYONE had above Duke in the ACC and national polls :rolleyes:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I thought people were underestimating the growing pains such a young team would have but I never thought it would be this bad.

Guess we get to see if Walz is as good a coach as everyone says he is and can improve them during the season.

Reaction Score
There are very few if any people who think Jeff W. Is not one of the very best coaches in WBB. Can anyone who actually saw the games explain what is going on with that team?

Reaction Score
There are very few if any people who think Jeff W. Is not one of the very best coaches in WBB. Can anyone who actually saw the games explain what is going on with that team?

Watched the games via livestream on youtube (Gulf Coast Showcase). Although this team has a TON of talent and speed, it will be an uphill battle this season with such a young squad. The most glaring problem is one that we're currently seeing with the Tenn team: lack of flow on the offensive end. This stems from players not knowing where they're supposed to be, and not knowing what they want to do with the ball.

Another thing they're lacking is strong interior play. Erin DeGrate is a big body inside, but she's still struggling with positioning and putting the ball up confidently. I strongly believe she'll get better with more minutes and individual conditioning. She's going to be great. Sam Feuhring (McDondald's AA) has shown some flashes of greatness, with the ability to stretch the defence (hit a three last game) and post up down-low.

Myesha Hines-Allen and M. Moore played much better vs Dayton and their leadership is critical for the success of this team. Both still need to work on being consistent on the defensive end. Unfortunately, the Cards' leading scorer (B. Jackson) didn't have a good weekend, but look for her to be a force to be reckoned with this season. She is truly something special - on both ends of the court!!

Obviously their #1 Freshman has been highly missed. Overheard that she had reoccurring flareups from the groin injury in the summer. Don't think Walz wanted to risk anything and throw her in these past few games.

Reaction Score
Watched the games via livestream on youtube (Gulf Coast Showcase). Although this team has a TON of talent and speed, it will be an uphill battle this season with such a young squad. The most glaring problem is one that we're currently seeing with the Tenn team: lack of flow on the offensive end. This stems from players not knowing where they're supposed to be, and not knowing what they want to do with the ball.

Another thing they're lacking is strong interior play. Erin DeGrate is a big body inside, but she's still struggling with positioning and putting the ball up confidently. I strongly believe she'll get better with more minutes and individual conditioning. She's going to be great. Sam Feuhring (McDondald's AA) has shown some flashes of greatness, with the ability to stretch the defence (hit a three last game) and post up down-low.

Myesha Hines-Allen and M. Moore played much better vs Dayton and their leadership is critical for the success of this team. Both still need to work on being consistent on the defensive end. Unfortunately, the Cards' leading scorer (B. Jackson) didn't have a good weekend, but look for her to be a force to be reckoned with this season. She is truly something special - on both ends of the court!!

Obviously their #1 Freshman has been highly missed. Overheard that she had reoccurring flareups from the groin injury in the summer. Don't think Walz wanted to risk anything and throw her in these past few games.

Reaction Score
Brihanna Jackson was hurt and unable to play effectively during this tournament.

Asia Durr, our superstar freshman, is being reshirted for the season. Her groin injury did not heal in time to allow her to play basketball this season.

It's going to be a long season and definitely a rebuilding year. Next year Louisville should be back on the scene again.

HGN

Reaction Score
Brihanna Jackson was hurt and unable to play effectively during this tournament.

Asia Durr, our superstar freshman, is being reshirted for the season. Her groin injury did not heal in time to allow her to play basketball this season.

It's going to be a long season and definitely a rebuilding year. Next year Louisville should be back on the scene again.
Sorry to hear that Durr is going to have to redshirt...............She is a great talent. And I am sure Walz could use her. But nothing is more important than the health of the player and that comes first.
But Jeff Walz is a good coach and I am sure he will have the team playing better around ACC Tournament time.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Carp re: Durr. Better safe than sorry, methinks.

Seems to me Jeff has plenty of fan-capital to survive a building year. I look forward to seeing his team grow this year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And this was the team that EVERYONE had above Duke in the ACC and national polls :rolleyes:
If you are keeping tabs I had the Cards top 5 Nationally, Durr being Freshmen of the year, and snagging Cox in recruiting. Really sorry to hear about Durr missing the whole year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If you are keeping tabs I had the Cards top 5 Nationally,

Oh no.... wasnt keeping tabs on member's thoughts... just the AP, Coach's, and ACC Media/Coaches... collegesportsmadness

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Oh no.... wasnt keeping tabs on member's thoughts... just the AP, Coach's, and ACC Media/Coaches... collegesportsmadness
Good. Forget I brought it up them.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who gave that information... they need their credentials revoked
I agree.
It was.......

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
In Walz's post game presser after the last game of the Gulf Tourney, he said that Asia was having quite a bit of pain. Said she would likely get minutes in the MSU game, but it is looking like she could be done for the season. People ran with that.

Fast forward to tonight's post game presser and he stated that she got great news from the doctor. The injury is healing just fine. Just has to deal with the pain. So, it is hard to say what is going to happen. She is definitely slower and less explosive than we know her to be. It is obvious she is dealing with pain.

I want her healthy. I want what is best for her long term. This team has a very long way to go, but the road looks much worse with Durr as a redshirt. That being said, I'll take a redshirt and a rough year for 4 more years of a healthy Asia.
The jury is still out, IMHO.

Reaction Score
I agree.
It was..
I reported on what Coach Walz stated after the Dayton game, the third game in a row she had not played. He made it pretty clear that night red shirt was their intentions. Thank heavens he was wrong.

There's a couple of shots at Coach Walz and our program herein, but overall UConn fans have always respected Louisville, as has your coach. I think Coach Aurieama has always felt if the future holds a program that might become competitive with his program Louisville might be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom