Louisville Coaching "Search" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Louisville Coaching "Search"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What did Petrino do so bad to Louisville? He and his agent floated his name for every job? He left them for another job????

That he left the falcons high and dry and that he had an affair and lied about it while at arkansas were not transgressions against louisville. Im shocked people think the post louisville stuff should matter to jurich. Its not like he had a litany of recruiting violations post Louisville. Once again jurich is winning.

Well... He famously interviewed behind Jurich's back for the Auburn job in 2003 – at first denying it, and then admitting that he met with officials from the school while it still was employing Tommy Tuberville. The next year, Petrino interviewed with LSU five days after accepting an extension and pronouncing his loyalty to Louisville. That December he also interviewed with Notre Dame and had conversations with Mississippi about its opening. And a few months after signing a lucrative new deal at Louisville in 2006, he left for the NFL's Atlanta Falcons.

So a lack of loyalty would certainly seem to be another knock on him. But why be concerned with that, when a total lack of integrity is so obvious. The funny thing is...all of the above supposedly happened to Jurich the first time around...and the guy has so little self-respect that he's now bringing the same classless degenerate back again! Regardless of the record Petrino delivers on the field, that to me makes Jurich look like a total loser in all of this!

Reaction Score
People need to seperate the whole student athlete thing. its pretty much a sham. Nothing drives home that point than the whole unc chapel hill scandal. The whole thing is a money grab being run by a cartel that calls themselves the power 5. Im hoping we get made and accepted into cartel soon.

Reaction Score
nostical,
Could you please tell us ahead of time at which game you'll be dancing. I'd prefer to almost anywhere else when it happens...

Reaction Score
I guess Louisville only cares that the pizza gets delivered.

Reaction Score
new-values.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That is a good question. When you say something is your "dream job"...can you leave it for another job? Is there even a word to describe the job you take after your dream job? Uber-dream job? Dream job plus 1?

RE has painted himself into a corner. I would have thought PSU would be his dream job...being a PA guy and all. But...he has declared MD his dream job...so I don't know how he could even leave that job. Oh...I know how...in the middle of the night without telling his players. Nah..that wouldn't happen...

Not trying to stir the "how RE left pot"....but I couldn't resist ;)

This is absurd, as it suggests that a program better than Maryland would ever be interested in RE. Not going to happen. It's much more likely he's coaching an FCS school in a year or two.

Reaction Score
Wow, this Petrino hire almost fell through....

"Sources say Petrino was close to turning down Jurich's offer until he received a phone call from Louisville men's basketball coach Rick Pitino early Wednesday morning. In the brief phone call, one of the things discussed was Louisville's fine health plan, which includes two fully-funded abortions per year. Minutes later Jurich received a phone call from Petrino with the words he had been longing to hear."

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Louisville: According to ESPN's Joe Schad, Clint Hurtt is expected to be retained at Louisville.

Of course. Why wouldn't he? They hired Petrino so why not keep the other scum bag around too?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Better get your own Clorox ready before you visit Louisville. Louisville can't get much lower on the slimy scale and they just did. I am sure this guy will be gone in a few years once someone else makes him a better offer.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Does anyone really believe Jurich would ever hire back Petrino? No way that will happen.
One of the highly touted coordinators will be chosen.

Whoops…

Reaction Score
Ville fans seem thrilled. I bet he has a bit of success, but once a top half SEC program comes calling, he'll be gone.

Reaction Score
Petrino left them practically at half time of a bowl game, this is a really desperate move by UL. It does make clear what its priorities have always been, win at any cost.
Wrong coach. That was John L Smith and it wasn't his fault. A Michigan State booster purposely leaked it during the Louisville game and social media went all nutso. Oddly enough, news is breaking now that John L might join Petrino as a special teams coach.....his expertise so we could have two previous coaches on the sideline this fall. I'll believe that when I see it though but John L does love it here too and had a highly popular radio gig here recently.

Reaction Score
Guess the rumors of Vance Bedford taking the UT DC/DB job was/is false?

CoachBedfordUL8:20am via Twitter for iPhone
Tom Jurich has not picked a head coach yet. Until then I am still in the hunt. Go Cards

CoachBedfordUL11:50am via Twitter for iPhone
I'm in it to win it-Hc

Or is it recruiting posturing?

What a difference 11+/- hours makes...

CoachBedfordUL7:09pm via Twitter for iPhone
I want to thanks the card nation for your support. Coach petrino will do a great job. Stand behind the team. Go Cards

Haven't seen if he catches on w/ Strong in Austin.

Reaction Score
Louisville: According to ESPN's Joe Schad, Clint Hurtt is expected to be retained at Louisville.

Of course. Why wouldn't he? They hired Petrino so why not keep the other scum bag around too?

Hurtt has a show cause penalty.. he really can't go anywhere else and Louisville has seemed willing to stand behind him since he can recruit.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Hurtt has a show cause penalty.. he really can't go anywhere else and Louisville has seemed willing to stand behind him since he can recruit.

I know he can't leave. I just figured with a regime change they'd cut ties since, ya know, he's dirty and all. Guess they have no problem with their dirty image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom