Louisville and UConn Press Conferences Pre Elite 8 Game | The Boneyard

Louisville and UConn Press Conferences Pre Elite 8 Game

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Fast Forward to the 8 Minute Mark for Louisville
After the Louisville Press Conference, fast forward to 1:13.30 For UConn.
Geno portion starts at 1:32.15

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno was great! I could listen to him all da. I would love to chat with him over a nice glass of wine..

Reaction Score
Lou's demeanor was striking to me. She was unusually somber, I thought. It was hard to tell what she was thinking, but her usual relaxed sparkle was absent. Perhaps she was disappointed in her performance v. UCLA, perhaps she's wondering if she's lost her stroke. Don't know. I thought her answer about what makes UConn special was excellent; maybe she's just getting her game face on early. 'Pheesa was the opposite. Maybe that's why their friendship is so solid: they complement each other. Hope they get to play 3 more games . . .

Reaction Score
perhaps she was thinking that the game against Louisville may be her last in a UConn uniform unless she can push through the pain to play a major role at both ends of the court.....................I'm fully confident she'll give it her best shot........................

Reaction Score
Megan got no respect, did not get asked any question specifically.
Not true. The questioner who asked about the impact of playing in Albany specifically asked Megan to answer first.

Reaction Score
Not true. The questioner who asked about the impact of playing in Albany specifically asked Megan to answer first.

That was the question for the entire team and he asked Megan to answer first. Nobody asked Megan a specific question.

Reaction Score
That was the question for the entire team and he asked Megan to answer first. Nobody asked Megan a specific question.
He showed Megan respect by asking her to answer first. Questions "for the entire team" are never answered by everyone, especially when there are five players on the dais. Therefore who answers first is significant.

Reaction Score
Lou's demeanor was striking to me. She was unusually somber, I thought. It was hard to tell what she was thinking, but her usual relaxed sparkle was absent. Perhaps she was disappointed in her performance v. UCLA, perhaps she's wondering if she's lost her stroke. Don't know. I thought her answer about what makes UConn special was excellent; maybe she's just getting her game face on early. 'Pheesa was the opposite. Maybe that's why their friendship is so solid: they complement each other. Hope they get to play 3 more games . . .

Young women like her is what makes UCONN so special win lose or draw
Katie has convincingly demonstrated that she is a team player warrior and has earned all of our respect

Reaction Score

Go back and watch some of the pre-game interviews of the past 3 games and she has been like that.

Reaction Score
What I noticed about Lou, besides perhaps nervousness, was how stiff she seemed standing at the end to leave with the other players. Something just looked awkward to me watching her get up and push in her chair; I hope game time she will be loosened up more.
These games are going to be really physical, especially if the refs ignore all the "incidental" contact that seems nowadays the accepted way to defend UConn.

Reaction Score
perhaps she was thinking that the game against Louisville may be her last in a UConn uniform unless she can push through the pain to play a major role at both ends of the court......I'm fully confident she'll give it her best shot....
I feel really bad for her, I hope she can overcome it but I'm very doubtful.

Reaction Score
Megan got no respect, did not get asked any question specifically.

And this is not just in your head, only?
The players are there as a single unit representing the team. It reflects, in my view/head, the forms of infantilism that characterize much of the Press following WBB-- their silly and repetitive questions. Perhaps they could do more justice to the students (and the Uconn student athletes are usually smart) by raising the bar. Nurse and Gabby were very good at reshaping many of these non-university-like questions, and they sometimes childed the questioner. I recall also a time this year where Pheesa was irritated at a question about the team not playing well and stick to her accuser(?): "Do you think so?" (Is that what you think, really!!!)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom