UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Man mountain.

From another article... >>"Rodrigues claims no leaders at this stage. I don't really have any particular favorites," he stated. "I love the game of football." "I just want a good football program and somewhere I can see myself playing at. I want a good education, but I haven't thought about what I want to study. I also don't want to go too far. I definitely want to stay on the East Coast."

Rodrigues discussed his play on the field. "Our team went 5-5, but we had a very good offensive line," he said. "I think my footwork is what sticks out about me right now. "I've been told it's very good for my size. I also have good size and strength."

Reaction Score
Man mountain.

From another article... >>"Rodrigues claims no leaders at this stage. I don't really have any particular favorites," he stated. "I love the game of football." "I just want a good football program and somewhere I can see myself playing at. I want a good education, but I haven't thought about what I want to study. I also don't want to go too far. I definitely want to stay on the East Coast."

Rodrigues discussed his play on the field. "Our team went 5-5, but we had a very good offensive line," he said. "I think my footwork is what sticks out about me right now. "I've been told it's very good for my size. I also have good size and strength."

There was a big kid with a Brookfield letterman jacket on the sideline of the BC Notre Dame football game. I think it might have been him.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
There was a big kid with a Brookfield letterman jacket on the sideline of the BC Notre Dame football game. I think it might have been him.

it was. if i had to pick a name to compare him 2-tommy jordan ish

pj

Reaction Score
The Ridgefield to Univ of Florida Tommy Jordan? Or this one?

Reaction Score
I saw Brookfield play a few times this past season. I like the kid's size, but that's the only thing that stood out. Projects as a OG or OC at the next level. Shows good pass blocking skills, poor run blocker. Brookfield rushed for only 1164 yards, 16 TDs on the season, in a weak conference. They had a huge size advantage over most of their opponents (Rodrigues played RT, Thomas Salvatore (2013), 6'5, 295 played LT), but neither were dominant at the LOS in the run game. Notice there were very few runs in the highlight video. If HCPP is going to run the ball, that could be a problem. He has the physical tools. At his size I'd like to see him dominate, especially in that league, in all facets. We'll have to see how he develops physically and as a dominate HS football player.

Reaction Score
I saw Brookfield play a few times this past season. I like the kid's size, but that's the only thing that stood out. Projects as a OG or OC at the next level. Shows good pass blocking skills, poor run blocker. Brookfield rushed for only 1164 yards, 16 TDs on the season, in a weak conference. They had a huge size advantage over most of their opponents (Rodrigues played RT, Thomas Salvatore (2013), 6'5, 295 played LT), but neither were dominant at the LOS in the run game. Notice there were very few runs in the highlight video. If HCPP is going to run the ball, that could be a problem. He has the physical tools. At his size I'd like to see him dominate, especially in that league, in all facets. We'll have to see how he develops physically and as a dominate HS football player.

How much of the play selection was based on BB as QB and the need not to run as much?

A lot can happen in 2 years - senior year and redshirt.

Reaction Score
How much of the play selection was based on BB as QB and the need not to run as much?

A lot can happen in 2 years - senior year and redshirt.

BB wasn't the QB, he lost his starting job to junior Brad Westmark (5'10, 175) prior to the season. Brown played the entire season at WR. Westmark did have a good year passing. Although he did struggle against the better teams in the SWC (Masuk, Newtown, New Fairfield). He completed 55% of his passes (174/318) for 2427 YDs, 18 TDs, and 6 INTs. Brookfield threw nearly twice as many passes then they did in 2011 (177). So the play selection definitely changed in 2012. I guess you could look at it two ways. Either, Coach Angarano really liked Westmark, at QB, that much better then BB or he didn't trust his Oline or RBs in the run game. When your that big upfront on the HS level, against relatively weak competition, how do you not try to establish the run. Especially, with a first year starter at QB.

I agree a lot can happen in the next two years. He certainly has the physical tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom