Lou Spanos will be named UConn's next defensive coordinator | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lou Spanos will be named UConn's next defensive coordinator

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
They should hire Rutgers' PR firm to make a poster that shows how much money players have made that were coached (or "analyzed") by UConn coaches.

Expert level thought process here. The question is when can we take credit for Alabama's national championships?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Personally speaking, I'm a 3-4 guy. Give me a big hog molly in the middle (hopefully T Jones develops into this) and a slew of athletic LBs chasing down RB/QBs. I love hybrid pass rushers who can line up all over the field and find soft spots in protection. But I don't think many teams, if any, stick to a base defense any more. Seems like defenses these days are very much matchup-based...then cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Reaction Score
I love this hire! From what I have read it seems like Spanos is a blitzing man and finds ways to create takeaways.
Crocker was a heavy blitzer too before he got here so let's see how much Randy chokes this scheme too

Reaction Score
I feel we are far better on Defense today

... because I’m eternally blue skies AND non-Nutmeg. Spanos sack total increase at UCLA sings to me

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Paging Conspiracy Kitty @CL82 : Why would Spanos go from UCLA to NFL teams to NFL light in Alabama to UCONN? Was he told of a future conference invite?:eek:

Reaction Score
Crocker was a heavy blitzer too before he got here so let's see how much Randy chokes this scheme too

You ever heard of the phrase "you have to earn the right to rush the passer"? It's hard to justify sending blitzes when you cant stop the run, there is constant blown coverages, we can't play man, we don't contain the edges and we barely got home when he did dial it up.

Reaction Score
Paging Conspiracy Kitty @CL82 : Why would Spanos go from UCLA to NFL teams to NFL light in Alabama to UCONN? Was he told of a future conference invite?:eek:

I'd be surprised if he was going to be let go by UCLA just looking at how well the team did and how he improved the defense from the previous year.

Bruins fans seem appreciative of his time there and caught off guard when he left

Lou Spanos Returns To The NFL

Reaction Score
At this stage of the game(and stage of the football program) everyone including the coordinators and head coach need to be out there talking to kids about coming to UConn. The more people turning over stones looking for those diamonds in the rough and selling UConn to them the better.

Reaction Score
I was excited when they hired Diaco...still can't get that taste out of my mouth!! At this point i'm just happy the position is filled, i'll save my excitement for those future 3rd down stops! :p

Reaction Score
I was excited when they hired Diaco...still can't get that taste out of my mouth!! At this point i'm just happy the position is filled, i'll save my excitement for those future 3rd down stops! :p
Disco got the job on looks alone... We were his guinea pig opportunity... He won... we lost.. a lot of $$$ from it... and messed our program up in the process...

Reaction Score
Disco got the job on looks alone... We were his guinea pig opportunity... He won... we lost.. a lot of $$$ from it... and messed our program up in the process...
He is a good lookin guy! ;)

Reaction Score
Who the heck cares if this was Plan A, B, or C.? I am inclined to Plan A but it makes no difference. Hugely qualified. But this is gonna seem like coaching in HS to him. Yup I do hope he stays. He is gonna LOVE the challenge. He is gonna have to have a WHOLE lot of patience.

Reaction Score
The BY can thank me for the timing. I knew if I went skiing this morning that would break the logjam loose and something would happen when I was out of pocket.

Reaction Score
Any quotes/comments from Saban??
Honestly, at this point, where we're sitting in the FBS ranks, who cares... Lets get Spanos to get our guys ready to be an vastly improved defensive football team...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

>>"Lou was exactly what I was looking for when I started the search for a new defensive coordinator," Edsall said. "I wanted someone who had NFL and college experience, someone who has coordinated a defense previously with success and someone who knows how to develop players and will be aggressive with the scheme that we will be running.

"When you look at who Lou worked for and with throughout his career, it is very impressive. Talking with the coaches that Lou has worked for and with during his career, it was very apparent to me that we were able to attract an outstanding coach, person and recruiter to our staff and someone that will relate very well with our student athletes and take us to where we want to go defensively."<<

He looks hilarious in that picture. Love it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom