Lou, Saniya and Pheesa moving up | The Boneyard

Lou, Saniya and Pheesa moving up

Reaction Score
With 12 three pointers in her last two games, Lou (140) has moved ahead of Kia (138) in active three point baskets made.

With Saniya's 2 three pointers last night, she became the 25th player to join the 100 three point club.

Lou is 45 points (363) from matching her 408 points from last year and 16 3 point baskets (62) from matching her total of 78 last year.

Pheesa has already exceeded her total points of last year (258) by 71 and her 3 point baskets (2) by 6.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lou is 45 points (363) from matching her 408 points from last year and 16 3 point baskets (62) from matching her total of 78 last year.
62 at not quite the half-way point of the season? KLS is going to be pushing KML numbers. Only 3 times for UCONN has anyone made over 100 3pts in a season. KML twice and Wendy Davis.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
KLS will probably not challenge KML for her career treys record of 398. Maya (311) and D (318) are also probably safe in terms of UConn records ( aside from Kaleena) for career treys made.

But KML's legacy will not be forgotten, and KLS is already building a great one. I think Katie Lou has a Huskies of Honor wall space awaiting her, and possibly even NPOY.

And she's only a sophomore!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
KLS will probably not challenge KML for her career treys record of 398. Maya (311) and D (318) are also probably safe in terms of UConn records ( aside from Kaleena) for career treys made.

But KML's legacy will not be forgotten, and KLS is already building a great one. I think Katie Lou has a Huskies of Honor wall space awaiting her, and possibly even NPOY.

And she's only a sophomore!
She is likely to hit about 120 three pointers this year, and could do the same in her final two years - that would take her well past 400, so I would say that KML's UConn record is definitely in play. And she is hitting a higher percentage so far in her career - whether she will seriously challenge 50% in any season like Moriah Sue and KML did is hard to say.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score

I think KLS has a very good chance of being the UConn career 3-pointers made leader, assuming she stays healthy.

She currently has 140 in 54 games, an average of about 2.6 per game. If she she plays another 21 games this year, and 38 in each of the next two years, she will play an additional 97 games. Averaging 2.6 threes per game will give her 252 more, or 392 total.

One might also legitimately expect her to improve on the 2.6 number over the rest of this year and the next two years. She is expanding her game, but still managed to hoist 12 three attempts up last night in 29 minutes.

A fair "concern" relating to all this is that her minutes may be reduced over the next two years due to increased depth. Legitimate issue, although I would note that thus far in her career she has played 1414 minutes over 54 games, an average of 26.2 minutes per game. I doubt she will average less than that in her junior and senior seasons. In 2014-2015, for example, Stewie, KLM and Jefferson each averaged 28+ minutes.

Not sure about the comment re Maya and D being safe. From KLS surpassing their number of threes? Again assuming she is healthy, I think she will surpass them.

Last edited:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She is likely to hit about 120 three pointers this year, and could do the same in her final two years - that would take her well past 400, so I would say that KML's UConn record is definitely in play. And she is hitting a higher percentage so far in her career - whether she will seriously challenge 50% in any season like Moriah Sue and KML did is hard to say.

If I could bet money on this I would, but I would say Maya's 311, DT's 318, or Kaleena's 398, will not be touched by Katie Lou. I love KLS to death, and I like the number of opportunities she will have her final two seasons, but the mathematical pressure Katie Lou will have on herself will be unbearable.

KLS does move well without the ball, and she does have a bevy of talent coming in the next couple of recruiting classes. Thus, she will have opportunities to take open shots from distance, and she will hit many of them. Historical numbers from distance? Probable. Four treys a game, every game, four the rest of her career? That's the rub...and I remain skeptical.

I wouldn't complain for a second if she breaks the record, though. KLS is a great basketball player, a champion, and as effective from distance as Kaleena.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
If I could bet money on this I would, but I would say Maya's 311, DT's 318, or Kaleena's 398, will not be touched by Katie Lou. I love KLS to death, and I like the number of opportunities she will have her final two seasons, but the mathematical pressure Katie Lou will have on herself will be unbearable.

KLS does move well without the ball, and she does have a bevy of talent coming in the next couple of recruiting classes. Thus, she will have opportunities to take open shots from distance, and she will hit many of them. Historical numbers from distance? Probable. Four treys a game, every game, four the rest of her career? That's the rub...and I remain skeptical.

I wouldn't complain for a second if she breaks the record, though. KLS is a great basketball player, a champion, and as effective from distance as Kaleena.

The badass that took over the Maryland game when she should have been home sick will not find the "mathematical pressure" to be unbearable. I`m not so sure she will even care all that much. Winning is what they all care about, everything else is secondary.

Speaking of math, alexrgct, I can`t figure yours out. You do realize that if she averaged 4 threes a game for the rest of her career she would have well over 500 threes, right? How on earth could you think that she won`t at least get more than 318?

Assuming, of course, that.............................whooops, never mind.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou already has 140. I think Diana's and Maya's records are toast. Kaleena's record may be threatened. I think that Kelsey Mitchell will break Kaleena's career mark.

With 62 for the season, Lou may approach Mitchell's single-season record of 127. Mitchell had 127 and 126 in her first 2 seasons. She has 62 this year and is on pace for about 110, depending on how many games the Buckeyes play. That would put her at 363 after 3 seasons, within easy reach of Kaleena's 398. Kelsey has shot .378, .397, and .363 in her 2.5 seasons. Kaleena shot .384, .492, .413, and .488. Kaleena was a great combination of efficient and high volume. Lou has shot .394 and .463 in her first 1.5 seasons. Kaleena and Lou have different body types and different shots, but their 3-point stats are quite similar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom