Losing Club's Message Boards... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Losing Club's Message Boards...

Reaction Score
I was surprised at the amount of Johnny fans it seemed like were there on TV. I have said forever that building should be a recruiting diamond. Maybe Slick Rick is the guy to take advantage of it.
Matt Norlander of CBSSports concurs with others here who said the lower bowl was mostly SJU fans, which make sense since it's their home court with season ticket holders. But the upper levels were mostly UConn fans.

The split on Saturday was close to 50/50, with St. John's red covering a lot of the lower bowl — but UConn navy blue almost entirely coating the higher sections. It's the best neutral-court environment you're going to get before we turn to March.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Matt Norlander of CBSSports concurs with others here who said the lower bowl was mostly SJU fans, which make sense since it's their home court with season ticket holders. But the upper levels were mostly UConn fans.

The split on Saturday was close to 50/50, with St. John's red covering a lot of the lower bowl — but UConn navy blue almost entirely coating the higher sections. It's the best neutral-court environment you're going to get before we turn to March.

Norlander writes the best "gamers" in the biz. He's in his prime in that regard.

Reaction Score
Redmen.com is the independent sju site that goes back 25+ years

Reaction Score
St. John’s should be patient, I think they’ll be singing a different tune in four years if Pitino sticks around and they don’t hammered with infractions.
Stick around how long the guy looks like a ghost.

Reaction Score
Those were 2 of the best in huddles of the year on TV. Danny talking about rebounding and not losing the passion of going to get the ball and Rick talking about not losing Spencer. Rick even showing how to stay in front of him physically.

Good coaching both sides!

Reaction Score

Interesting Board for the few messages I looked at. Posters didn't seem to snipe at each other.

One actually admitted he bet for UConn.

1707051708815.png

Reaction Score
There are only 5 coaches over age 70 out of 380 D1 programs. At his age, "sticking around" has bigger meaning than basketball coaching. I personally wouldn't want a 71 year-old coming in to lead a rebuild of my team, I don't care who it is. Pitino is the Aaron Rodgers of college basketball.

This is why I think the Johnnies will be better sooner rather than later. Pitino is a good coach and this is the last round up. No reason to leave anything in the bag. There is much parity in the middle of the conference. The opportunity to emerge from that pack is waiting for someone. Rick is as good a bet as any of them.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Tired of hearing about the St. John's "rebuild" Pitino has to do. Rebuild from what? When you haven't been good in 30 years, that wouldn't be a rebuild, that'd be a resuscitation.
More like a re-animation than a resuscitation.

Reaction Score

Norlander has it right I think. I was in the 200s and we definitely had the numbers. Announcers at courtside close to all the red in the lower bowl would certainly have heard the Johnny fans as louder.

Reaction Score
Did DH ever mention Pitino by name during the postgame presser? Seemed like he kept referring to him as "the coach, their coach", etc.

Reaction Score
This is why I think the Johnnies will be better sooner rather than later. Pitino is a good coach and this is the last round up. No reason to leave anything in the bag. There is much parity in the middle of the conference. The opportunity to emerge from that pack is waiting for someone. Rick is as good a bet as any of them.
He's out of touch with the modern state of college basketball. Jay Wright and others have exited because of NIL, portal, conference realignment etc. Why are you confident in Pitino doing it? Will he take the cheat until you get caught approach like Tarkanian did?

Reaction Score
Poor Finger Lakes State

Calling for kids to be forced out of the program

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

I specifically looked thru the upper sections yesterday and it was hard to spot any red. There may have been some specks here and there but not noticeable from my view. In my section 208, there was not a single Johnnie fan !

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
TV clearly made it look like there was a pretty equal turnout.
It did, but I read an article somewhere that mirrored Marat's comment that the lower bowl was red, but the territory above that was mostly UConn.

Edit: Should have read through the thread first - it was the Norlander article I was thinking of.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It did, but I read an article somewhere that mirrored Marat's comment that the lower bowl was red, but the territory above that was UConn.
My view was from upper level, but I bet if you take out the student section, band then it may be close to 40% UConn in lowers. The turnout was impressive considering 200s was 80+% UConn

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pitino was NIL before it became legal. I mean please Rick, at Louisville you had all kinds of crap going on which I am quite sure paid for players. Hypocritical at its best.
Yeah, but do it. He's not complaining about paying players, he's complaining about a level playing field.

Reaction Score

It's nice to see every fanbase has their crazies. I'm genuinely impressed that they have this much interest still. Most boards are dead besides this one and a few others.

The one guy saying he sleeps with all the UConn fans wife's and refuses to hire UConn grads is hilarious. It's such a caricature

Reaction Score
I think if Pitino sticks around a few more years he will have them, bare minimum, a consistent tourney team. The guy is far too good of a coach not to be. I'm surprised SJU fans are frustrated when they are the best they've been in quite some time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom