Looking good for Javonte | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Looking good for Javonte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Is this going to be one of those live hat reveals?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And Javonte chooses....

1573405479128.png

"Gryffindor"!

Reaction Score
Please if any valuable information comes up about Javonte Brown Ferguson please make a new thread

Reaction Score
I'll take the kid Jalen Bridges in the next clip. Jk. Javonte Brown Ferguson needs a redshirt year.
What...u think he's moving up a year to redshirt? You are basing him needing a redshirt year off of a 12 second clip?

pj

Reaction Score
What...u think he's moving up a year to redshirt? You are basing him needing a redshirt year off of a 12 second clip?

Even if he needed a redshirt at the time the video was taken, he won't need one by the time his freshman season starts. Coaches and his motivation will get him ready to play at first opportunity. Reality, UConn needs him to backup Carlton in Carlton's senior year and then start the next year. UConn can't afford him to redshirt.

(Of course, nobody redshirts voluntarily, so it's silly to suppose he would even if minutes were less abundant.)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd want him to redshirt, he probably wouldn't play behind Carlton and Springs as a freshman anyways.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I hope so. A kid visually picking the good guys over kansas would be a nice little piece of press.

Reaction Score
I'd want him to redshirt, he probably wouldn't play behind Carlton and Springs as a freshman anyways.
What are you basing this on? I've only watched a few of his games but he looks like a far better prospect to me than those two.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I watched his games. Though his stats are decent, he's sluggish, he needs a lot of Sal to develop explosiveness so that he can benefit from all of his length.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I watched his games. Though his stats are decent, he's sluggish, he needs a lot of Sal to develop explosiveness so that he can benefit from all of his length.
I trust in Sal to have him ready when Coach Hurley deems him ready.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
One thing that does concern me, do the kids we’re bringing in share Hurley’s energy, grit, competitiveness? Is this something that can be taught? We lose CV and AG after this year if you look at the roster we have for the next few years the kids are all super talented but they’re universally laid back type kids. Hurley even mentioned at the presser the other night that he may need to address this through recruiting...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What are you basing this on? I've only watched a few of his games but he looks like a far better prospect to me than those two.
Of course he looks like a better prospect in general. But Carlton isnt relinquishing his starting spot as a senior, and Springs will have the benefit of practicing with the team for a year, and probably being much stronger than Ferguson. It also shouldn't surprise me if he's the best of the 3 by the time he leaves UConn. Are you lower on Springs than consensus?

Reaction Score
Of course he looks like a better prospect in general. But Carlton isnt relinquishing his starting spot as a senior, and Springs will have the benefit of practicing with the team for a year, and probably being much stronger than Ferguson. It also shouldn't surprise me if he's the best of the 3 by the time he leaves UConn. Are you lower on Springs than consensus?
Not low on Springs. I like him but Javonte is just a better prospect than Richie and Josh. NBA frame and length and just a lot more upside, IMO. I'm not as high on Josh as most of the board.

You said Javonte probably won't play next year with us having Josh and Richie, I strongly disagree with this.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I think the right terminology is that he could use a redshirt. But since he's reclassifying, no chance he'll do that. We don't have enough in the pipeline to sacrifice that year of experience anyway

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
One thing that does concern me, do the kids we’re bringing in share Hurley’s energy, grit, competitiveness? Is this something that can be taught? We lose CV and AG after this year if you look at the roster we have for the next few years the kids are all super talented but they’re universally laid back type kids. Hurley even mentioned at the presser the other night that he may need to address this through recruiting...
Your posts seem to have a certain flavor of concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom