Looking for suggestions from Gamecock fans | The Boneyard

Looking for suggestions from Gamecock fans

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
My wife and I will be in Myrtle Beach mid-February and are thinking of driving up to Columbia for the home game against Vanderbilt - this will be their first game after meeting the Huskies.

Looking for advice:

Seating - According to my wife, earlier this afternoon there were reserved seats behind your bench in Row 19 and there were also general admission tickets for less cost. Recommendation? How packed does the arena get when playing a bottom of the barrel SEC opponent?

Parking - Any suggestions? How much time should we allot for the drive, getting dinner, and parking?

Dining suggestions?

This will be our second visit to South Carolina. We were in Columbia for my niece's wedding about 20 years ago - she did her graduate work at USC and is where she met her husband. Then spent some time down in Charleston.

Thanks for your help.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My wife and I will be in Myrtle Beach mid-February and are thinking of driving up to Columbia for the home game against Vanderbilt - this will be their first game after meeting the Huskies.

Looking for advice:

Seating - According to my wife, earlier this afternoon there were reserved seats behind your bench in Row 19 and there were also general admission tickets for less cost. Recommendation? How packed does the arena get when playing a bottom of the barrel SEC opponent?

Parking - Any suggestions? How much time should we allot for the drive, getting dinner, and parking?

Dining suggestions?

This will be our second visit to South Carolina. We were in Columbia for my niece's wedding about 20 years ago - she did her graduate work at USC and is where she met her husband. Then spent some time down in Charleston.

Thanks for your help.
Lucky you. Myrtle Beach and Columbia. Two oh so pretty areas.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Looking for advice:

Dining suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

We average 12,000 per home game.. so you can expect no less than 10,000 (even for a lesser team).. the entire lower bowl is supposedly reserve seating but if you can score tickets down there then sure.. either way, SC has a policy that allows you to move down into the lower bowl if the seats go unclaimed by the start of the 3rd quarter..

Parking - there's a parking garage literally across the street from the arena.. park there if you don't mind paying.. otherwise, good luck.. parking can be a hassle downtown if you don't know where to look. My suggestion, use the garage..

Dining - its downtown Columbia.. the arena is in "the Vista", which is Columbia's nicer (more mature) entertainment area so there are plenty of restaurants just a short walk from the arena.. being from the coast, I've always been fond of Blue Marlin.. they have the best seafood outside of Charleston.. google search "Vista Columbia" or click here and I'm sure you can find a restaurant for your palette..

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Looking for advice:

Dining suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

If you don't find reasonable tickets on StubHub, there will be good seats available outside the arena before the game. All general admission tickets are in the upper deck. Sections beginning with a 1 are lower level.

For parking, I park on the street usually Lady or Park and walk. There are garages close to the arena, also. The USC garage on Pendleton at Pickens offers free parking and a round trip shuttle for $3.

Dinner: what type of cuisine do you like? The arena is in the Vista area of downtown and there are dozens of restaurant and bar options. Feel free to PM me if desired. I live just north of downtown so I'm very familiar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom