Look no further than Towson, MD | The Boneyard

Look no further than Towson, MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Towson HC Rob Ambrose is one of the most dynamic personalities that I've come across. He will have many options after this season concludes. UConn...it's time to put your best pitch forward!

Reaction Score
I would be thrilled with this if it comes to pass. It's time to get charisma and energy into the program.

Towson HC Rob Ambrose is one of the most dynamic personalities that I've come across. He will have many options after this season concludes. UConn...it's time to put your best pitch forward!

If my memory serves me correctly, you occasionally post recruiting information here. Any idea if the recruiting process will be impacted over the next few months?

Reaction Score
This hire needs to be a clean break from the past. IMO that eliminates anyone who was here under Edsall, even if it's Ambrose or Moorhead. If they want to come back as assistants, maybe. But not the head coach.

Reaction Score
I would be thrilled with this if it comes to pass. It's time to get charisma and energy into the program.

If my memory serves me correctly, you occasionally post recruiting information here. Any idea if the recruiting process will be impacted over the next few months?
Unfortunately, I don't know of a single recruit in my area that has UConn under major consideration, but its been that way even when Sos was finishing up. Coach P was one of the nicest guys, but I believe UConn waited too long and recruiting can't get any worse than where it is now. Ambrose & his brother are big personalities and can get that back on the fast track in my opinion & turn this around quickly. The quick fix will be the Juco level where Ambrose has his finger on the pulse.

Reaction Score
Yep-he's our guy!!

Reaction Score
It's impossible to ignore how successful he has been at Towson. He deserves strong consideration. Calhoun was hired in large part because he brought his Northeastern team into the Civic Center and beat up UCONN.

I know there are personality questions, but again Calhoun was no walk in the park for anybody and neither is Edsall or Geno. P on the other hand was considered a nice guy.

arch

Reaction Score
It's impossible to ignore how successful he has been at Towson. He deserves strong consideration. Calhoun was hired in large part because he brought his Northeastern team into the Civic Center and beat up UCONN.

I know there are personality questions, but again Calhoun was no walk in the park for anybody and neither is Edsall or Geno. P on the other hand was considered a nice guy.

Wasn't this the guy that was vilified for his play calling while at UConn? Maybe it wasn't DeLeone vilification but it seemed pretty intense at the time.

Reaction Score
I don't think recruiting is terrible. Sorry. Cersosimo or NOT.

Moorhead, Ambrose ... know what we've done to be successful in our base. But, a good HC can grab a guy like these as Coordinators/Recruiting guy. I am blah ... on Towson guy.

Reaction Score
I follow Fordham football and I love Moorhead, but I dont think he is what the program needs at the moment. We need a high energy, flashy guy with tons of personality.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I don't know of a single recruit in my area that has UConn under major consideration, but its been that way even when Sos was finishing up. Coach P was one of the nicest guys, but I believe UConn waited too long and recruiting can't get any worse than where it is now. Ambrose & his brother are big personalities and can get that back on the fast track in my opinion & turn this around quickly. The quick fix will be the Juco level where Ambrose has his finger on the pulse.

Thanks for the info, please let us know if anything interesting develops down there.

Reaction Score
Please, no familiar names. If this is what UConn is gonna do, just tell PP this was a mistake and he's still the coach. Got to go for a splash from down south or out west. Got to get away from the old school New England thinking (ground and pound and then let the defense win it for you). Need to find an offensive minded guy who can recruit like crazy and sell the kids on playing for a team that looks to score a point a minute.

Reaction Score
Please, no familiar names. If this is what UConn is gonna do, just tell PP this was a mistake and he's still the coach. Got to go for a splash from down south or out west. Got to get away from the old school New England thinking (ground and pound and then let the defense win it for you). Need to find an offensive minded guy who can recruit like crazy and sell the kids on playing for a team that looks to score a point a minute.
You need a guy that's gonna get you the athletes that can score "a point a minute". A big personality is in order here.

Reaction Score
Petrino (put a morals clause in his contract) give him $$$. Even if he is only here for a couple of years it might be enough to invigorate the team and the fans and recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom