Long Goodman article on the program | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Long Goodman article on the program

Reaction Score
The realistic problem here is KO has massive Alimony payments for 6 years - so he’s got a few more years left where he needs to fund that - so that would constrain him in negotiations. What he “voluntarily” gives up - will a judge agree he was in a situation that he had to give it up and therefore is willing to modify alimony downward if KO requests modification? Normally a 15% change in income could create a potential “substantial” change in income, which might warrant an alimony Modification scenario. But,how does a judge view that given his other assets?
Great point. I have felt for quite some time that if Stephanie is getting these huge alimony checks, she needs to shoulder 50% of the blame on why this program is where it is.

Reaction Score
Lol, so predictable. You argued with me for months that Ollie should stay. Now that you know he's going to be fired you're a guy who knows the ship has sailed. Get the farck out of here.

You calling anyone predictable is hilarious. Actually you're not even supposed to be here to tell someone to get out, you don't do well with promises.

C

Chief00

Great point. I have felt for quite some time that if Stephanie is getting these huge alimony checks, she needs to shoulder 50% of the blame on why this program is where it is.

One can never put yourself completely in someone else’s shoes - but I don’t know objectively if she gets 50% of the blame for the program being where it is?

My guess is KO won’t want to go back to court and air this mess out publicly on the record. So he will have to continue paying her but UConn will have to fund it as part of the settlement, assuming there is one. If UConn goes 100% for cause route - no further income - KO may have no choice?

Reaction Score
The realistic problem here is KO has massive Alimony payments for 6 years - so he’s got a few more years left where he needs to fund that - so that would constrain him in negotiations. What he “voluntarily” gives up - will a judge agree he was in a situation that he had to give it up and therefore is willing to modify alimony downward if KO requests modification? Normally a 15% change in income could create a potential “substantial” change in income, which might warrant an alimony modifiication scenario. But,how does a judge view that given his other assets?

Chief why do we care how much alimony Ollie has to pay Ms. Ollie. Ollie is a very wealthy man and so is Stephanie thanks to Kevin.

There are many reasons that UCONN has not to give him the full buyout and Ollie will accept the deal for the many reasons I have outlined before.

PS: UCONN is not going to be held hostage to a man who needs to pay his ex 1 million dollars or more in alimony a year and no judge will accept those crocodile tears.

Reaction Score

Well KO saw him at Hoopall, at Albertus Magnus, twice at Brewster. 4 visits after he committed, the UCONN staff saw him more then Ollie. I dont know why if that is enough for a kid who already sign a LOI. This is all BS started by disgruntle ex-employees n family members. You think some alpha like Kemba Walker will be making excuses like this

Reaction Score

Thanks for the investigative reporting Jeff.

I'd love to know how many games the average coach goes to of a recruit that is already signed? Maybe Jeff could ask Jim Calhoun. Why the hell would a signee even want his future coach wasting time watching numerous games of his while his coach could be out recruiting other top players to play with? Why would we even want prima donnas like this in the first place?

Reaction Score

I'd love to know how many games the average coach goes to of a recruit that is already signed? Maybe Jeff could ask Jim Calhoun. Why the hell would a signee even want his future coach wasting time watching numerous games of his while his coach could be out recruiting other top players to play with? Why would we even want prima donnas like this in the first place?
I'm guessing you have no idea how recruiting works.

C

Chief00

Well KO saw him at Hoopall, at Albertus Magnus, twice at Brewster. 4 visits after he committed, the UCONN staff saw him more then Ollie. I dont know why if that is enough for a kid who already sign a LOI. This is all BS started by disgruntle ex-employees n family members. You think some alpha like Kemba Walker will be making excuses like this

Yeah, Glen Miller, directly or indirectly, may score some points on the Internet throwing out such nonsense to sports writers

Leaving the Miller revenge thing aside - I do think most kids like attention. If you don’t believe me look at social media and selfie’s etc.

C

Chief00

Chief why do we care how much alimony Ollie has to pay Ms. Ollie. Ollie is a very wealthy man and so is Stephanie thanks to Kevin.

There are many reasons that UCONN has not to give him the full buyout and Ollie will accept the deal for the many reasons I have outlined before.

PS: UCONN is not going to be held hostage to a man who needs to pay his ex 1 million dollars or more in alimony a year and no judge will accept those crocodile tears.
It’s another variable in the negotiations which will further complicate things in terms of flexibility.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Glen Miller, directly or indirectly, may score some points on the Internet throwing out such nonsense to sports writers

Leaving the Miller revenge thing aside - I do think most kids like attention. If you don’t believe me look at social media and selfie’s etc.

Isn’t it the Head Coach’s job to know which kids like/crave/warrant the additional attention and which ones don’t - and to be sure those that do - “feel the love” to keep them happy if you really want them on campus?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Certainly the problem is everyone but Kevin Ollie.

When you get paid $3 million a year to coach the 176th best team in the country, it’s the people who are gone and say mean things that are the program.

It’s all #fakenews. I can’t wait til next years’s 9-22 season to hear who at fault then.

Reaction Score
It’s another variable in the negotiations which will further complicate things in terms of flexibility.
I always thought alimony could be adjusted if situations/income changes?

C

Chief00

I always thought alimony could be adjusted if situations/income changes?
True, if it’s substantial, generally considered to be 15% change. A judge would have to approve or decide on the modification. Remember, the divorce papers were filed by his wife after the 2014 Championship contract increase - my sense is it will be about the money.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
True, if it’s substantial, generally considered to be 15% change. A judge would have to approve or decide on the modification. Remember, the divorce papers were filed by his wife after the 2014 Championship contract increase - my sense is it will be about the money.

This just shows how stupid the laws are for divorce.

no one should be profiting off of this scenario. At all.

Reaction Score
The most concerning thing I read, regarding Vance:

"Jackson, who averaged 8.1 points and 26 minutes per game as a freshman, met with Ollie after last season and wanted to know what the plan was for him to be able to develop into more than just a spot-up shooter."

"[Jackson] wanted a clear plan going forward," the source said. "
He didn't want to transfer, but there was no plan."

Huh? No plan for a player that we could've really used this season and beyond? No plan for a player who actually wanted to stay? If this is true then this is finally does it for me. He needs to be gone and we need a change.
I read Ollie gave him a plan called 'Get in the Gym'. Good Plan no?

"OK Guys here's the plan for you all this season "Get in the Gym".

I may take up college coaching, I too can earn $3 Mil a year with a Get in the Gym plan.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I can’t wait til next years’s 9-22 season to hear who at fault then.
If, as I expect, Ollie is not our coach next season, it will be interesting to see what happens if we do that poorly.

One thing is sure: Stainmaster will be unleashing the biggest dose of “I told you so” this board has ever seen.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
RNs earn $150K plus in CT.

It was the absolute wrong time for KO to get divorced when his income was at its max. Probably saw the opportunity and went for it. Funny how less than a year earlier, he and she talked like everything was all rainbows and butterflies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If, as I expect, Ollie is not our coach next season, it will be interesting to see what happens if we do that poorly.

One thing is sure: Stainmaster will be unleashing the biggest dose of “I told you so” this board has ever seen.

To me, at this point it’s a longshot to be better next year no matter who the coach is.

No matter who is coach it would seem you’d need both of these to be true: Adams stays and Gilbert rises from the dead.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Good article. The only thing I’m not buying is the Vance Jackson story. He was gone regardless of how his meeting with Ollie went at the end of the season.
Agreed and I am sure that Jackson's shortcomings were pointed out innumerable times by KO and staff. But if you "picture yourself" as the next Kevin Durant and have neither the talent nor the work ethic it is never going to happen.
I kind of laugh at that response by KO because it summarizes the lack of effort and hustle of so many players in this program for the last few years. I'd like to hear KO's version of Jackson's shortcomings but he repeatedly talked about guys working on weaknesses in the gym after hours. I also am not buying that coaches were not available to help guys. And what about the commitments to summer camps? I am sure there is plenty of blame to go around but I think it is one sided in this article. We shall see how great the transfers out become in the next few years. You either have character or you don't and it is a little late to start developing it in a year or two and expecting grand results.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

And to clarify, it’s not a “we would’ve been better under Ollie” I told you so, because we wouldn’t be.

The next few years are shaping up to be a bloodbath no matter who the coach is. We’re not in Ohio State’s shoes and we aren’t hiring Chris Holtmann.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agreed and I am sure that Jackson's shortcomings were pointed out innumerable times by KO and staff. But if you "picture yourself" as the next Kevin Durant and have neither the talent nor the work ethic it is never going to happen.
I kind of laugh at that response by KO because it summarizes the lack of effort and hustle of so many players in this program for the last few years. I'd like to hear KO's version of Jackson's shortcomings but he repeatedly talked about guys working on weaknesses in the gym after hours. I also am not buying that coaches were not available to help guys. And what about the commitments to summer camps? I am sure there is plenty of blame to go around but I think it is one sided in this article. We shall see how great the transfers out become in the next few years. You either have character or you don't and it is a little late to start developing it in a year or two and expecting grand results.

Go write the article from the other side.

Tell the positive story of how you take a 4 time National Champion to #176 in the country.

Clearly in all this #fakenews you can tease out the truth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom