Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Patriots sign a kid named Dom Grady...

CEw5taiWgAEhsIg.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
LOL Pats fans - it never ends

Feed the homeless, donate to the soup kitchen. Fund a charity program.

but no..... Im a pats fan, lets raise a million to pay the fine for men who could pay it with the change found under their couch cushions.
The Pats MADE money on the punishment.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The fine vs. the team is ridiculous on two levels. The Patriots are worth $2.6 billion (according to that link). Bob Kraft can write a personal check and not back it up with his ID, two major credit cards, or his, "I'm really duckkin' rich," uniform. If you really want to send a message to an organization like that, take about $10 million salary cap room from the team.

Also, make no mistake that the Patriots are not paying that fine. There is no doubt that the fans are going to bear the brunt of the punishment (i.e. The planned $5 increase on 400 level tickets is now going to be $10. Rent for businesses at Patriots' Place increases 5% instead of 3%, thereby increasing the price of a steak at Davio's.).

Reaction Score
Nope. They used hedging language because they had very, very little. The whole case comes down to ambiguous texts between two idiots. If this issue were decided in front of anyone but Goodell (i.e., a court, and arbitrator, etc.) there are no sanctions.

The used hedging language because a lawyer was involved. I was on a work call last week with my company's internal legal counsel and a client's legal counsel on the joys of ERISA. Both lawyers would have gladly jumped off the GWB in the winter when the Hudson was frozen over versus giving me a straight yes/no answer.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This thread is an embarrassment, take your punishment and move on.
Absolutely. The final arbiter has spoken, just because you say so.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Please keep this thread it's great entertainment, it's a boring time of the offseason.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The used hedging language because a lawyer was involved. I was on a work call last week with my company's internal legal counsel and a client's legal counsel on the joys of ERISA. Both lawyers would have gladly jumped off the GWB in the winter when the Hudson was frozen over versus giving me a straight yes/no answer.
Ha ha, I know what you mean. ERISA is brutal though.

Nah he used hedging language because he was an attorney and because he had nothing. There's a whole continuum of weasel words an attorney can use and this way down on the I got nothing side of the scale.

Reaction Score
Felger and Mazz just compared Belichick with Calipari, saying he has skated by with 2 scandals without serving a single game suspension.

Reaction Score
Ha ha, I know what you mean. ERISA is brutal though.

Nah he used hedging language because he was an attorney and because he had nothing. There's a whole continuum of weasel words an attorney can use and this way down on the I got nothing side of the scale.

I think we all know what Wells thinks and what his report tried to show: the Patriots cheated. How he phrased that general message is pretty irrelevant. We can all argue the legitimacy of the report until we're blue in the face(we have), but griping about the language seems desperate.

Reaction Score
Felger and Mazz just compared Belichick with Calipari, saying he has skated by with 2 scandals without serving a single game suspension.
Thing is Cal left both those programs he was in charge of, Belichick has to be the first coach in any pro sport to have his team sanctioned for cheating twice on his watch.

Reaction Score
I am not sure if the Goodell in all his wisdom thought of this scenario. But Brady could say I am retiring if you are going to pull that crap. Suddenly Goodell would have a bigger problem than he could deal with(he already does). Brady is probably the most popular player in the league. He is a God to NE fans. The rest of the country hates him. Who is more well known in the NFL right now. If he retired that is a ton of money lost by the NFL. That's less people watching games, buying tickets, buying merchandise....

Ray Rice gets 2 games for Domestic Violence on VIDEO, Brady gets 4 for what again? I know they raised it to the season after the whole video came out but we all know the nfl saw the whole video in the first place I mean come on. If they did not their incompetence is truly staggering

Reaction Score
I am not sure if the Goodell in all his wisdom thought of this scenario. But Brady could say I am retiring if you are going to pull that crap. Suddenly Goodell would have a bigger problem than he could deal with(he already does). Brady is probably the most popular player in the league. He is a God to NE fans. The rest of the country hates him. Who is more well known in the NFL right now. If he retired that is a ton of money lost by the NFL. That's less people watching games, buying tickets, buying merchandise....

Ray Rice gets 2 games for Domestic Violence on VIDEO, Brady gets 4 for what again? I know they raised it to the season after the whole video came out but we all know the nfl saw the whole video in the first place I mean come on. If they did not their incompetence is truly staggering
Ha, you actually think the NFL would suffer if Brady retired? Yes, the bandwagon NE fans would cry and the stadium would go back to be empty and the games blackout but the NFL would not suffer in the slightest.

The league is way to big. Outside of NE not 1 single fan would change a thing if Brady retired.

Reaction Score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
Asked about which gauge Walt Anderson used, Ted Wells associate Lorin Reisner said it “doesn’t matter.” Says it doesn’t change the science.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wells is going down. Great material. Keep talking.

Your own report disagrees with you Lorin.

Reaction Score
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tom-brady-merchandise-sales-instantly-164330925.html

Hes not Micheal Jordan, and we know how the nba fared after he retired but you cannot say it will not have an economic impact at all. Also you need to have the villain. Its no fun if there is nobody to hate. One of the reasons college bball keeps chugging, everyone hates Kentucky and Duke and Roots against them regardless of their own teams success.

Reaction Score
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tom-brady-merchandise-sales-instantly-164330925.html

Hes not Micheal Jordan, and we know how the nba fared after he retired but you cannot say it will not have an economic impact at all. Also you need to have the villain. Its no fun if there is nobody to hate. One of the reasons college bball keeps chugging, everyone hates Kentucky and Duke and Roots against them regardless of their own teams success.
Tom Brady was not even in the top 5 of jersey sales last year. http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/the-7-top-selling-nfl-jerseys-in-2014.html/?a=viewall

You are really over estimating Brady and underestimating the NFL and people's love of it.

CBB is struggling right now, it is a 1 month sport, there is no comparing the 2.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Tom Brady could retire tomorrow and no one would give a s--- outside of Patriots' fans.

Joe Montana retired - the world kept spinning.

Reaction Score
It's intent, not science, not success, not NY vs. Boston, not a criminal court of law definition of guilt, it's civil law business, and intent is enough, more probably than not, lol. And I'm not a fan of either team, nor do I proscribe to the idea that I'd wanna live up there, but the Pats got caught again. It happens when you
who cares, you won the whole gig dude, just deal. Your team, by the letter of this business, cheated. Forget the PSI argument, forget the everybody was doing it argument. Take your trophy and your punishment. If pretty boy Brady wanted to settle it or Bellicheck or Kraft, they could have. The ball was in their court, they all passed. Makes me wonder why, actually.

Reaction Score

That is just pathetic. There is so much going on in the world right now that is worth protesting over and yet these yahoos get arrested for this? I wonder if they wore their 'Free Brady' shirts right over their 'Free Hernandez' shirts. No all Boston fans; but, there is small, hard-core, fanatical group that thinks Boston is the Hub of the universe and the only things that matter in the world is what happens inside of Route 128. Get a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom