Lobster Roll in CT | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Lobster Roll in CT

Reaction Score
cafe-flo-at-the-florence.jpg

Lobster BLT at Café Flo Florence Griswold Museum, Old Lyme

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'd hate to ruin a good lobster roll with the experiment, but damn I'm curious how it would taste to add some of these to one.

Maybe a McDonald's lobster roll? Haven't had one of those yet this summer.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'd hate to ruin a good lobster roll with the experiment, but damn I'm curious how it would taste to add some of these to one.

I'm guessing there in artificial mayo flavor going on.

Reaction Score

Quite frankly, I found it hard to divine out any lobster flavor whatsoever. So, yea, perfect for a Mickey D’s lobster roll.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

When you're done, experiment with these flavors...
IMG_20180804_190224874.jpg

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I did not realize Cafe Flo was putting out something that looks that good. I will have to factor that in our next visit.
All this and free outdoor yoga on Sunday afternoons, I believe.

Reaction Score
upload_2018-8-9_15-9-47.jpeg

Lobster Bomb at Ford’s in Noank.

Not a Lobster Roll, but I’ve been craving this for months and thought y’all would appreciate it. Can’t wait to try this when I move back to the northeast in a month.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks for the visual guys.
You don't fool me for a minute: you want to join in but you're not quite there yet.
Maybe it's time try Cosey Beach on weekend mornings? It might even be closer to you than Bufalina is to me.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You don't fool me for a minute: you want to join in but you're not quite there yet.
Maybe it's time try Cosey Beach on weekend mornings? It might even be closer to you than Bufalina is to me.
I absolutely want to do yoga and have already tried some preliminary stuff with a DVD someone loaned me.

I absolutely do not want to do it around or with other people.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I absolutely want to do yoga and have already tried some preliminary stuff with a DVD someone loaned me.

Fair enough.
There's lots available to stream.
And unless you can be put off by people who are too nice, there are lots of gentle accesses, so don't waste time, whether video or live, with anyone you don't like.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Come with me to the bikram class in Middletown. There’s a spot on mat behind me.

Reaction Score
View attachment 33606

Lobster Bomb at Ford’s in Noank.

Not a Lobster Roll, but I’ve been craving this for months and thought y’all would appreciate it. Can’t wait to try this when I move back to the northeast in a month.

Duuuuude..... thanks to you, I’m now I’m gonna have to deal with more people than I did on Tues night when I went there with my family and had to sit through a 2 hour wait since they don’t take resi’s!! Why couldn’t you just let everyone go to the before mentioned Abbott’s tourist trap and call it a day? I’m mumbling not nice things right now! LOL

Reaction Score
Does anyone here eat cold lobster rolls? I was served one in Philly last year and hated it. Not sure why I even ordered it.

My choice is toasted (warm will do) bun with lobster chunks and of course butter. I've been to many of those listed, but I've yet to find the hot lobster butter and toasted bun combo.

Any recommendations?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Lobster chips from Lays don’t taste like a Lobster Roll. people from Plano Texas have missed the mark. The chips taste like sour cream and butter. Swing and miss.

Reaction Score
My wife and I just got back from vacation. Our trip included eating lobster rolls in Montreal, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia, Canada. We also had lobster rolls in Maine. Since this thread alerted me to Lobster Landing we tried it on the way home. Lobster Landing was the winner of this unofficial competition. Their roll was definitely the best and they understand that a proper lobster roll is made with hot butter and not mayo. Unfortunately too many places think mayo is the answer even in Maine.

As a bonus we also had ice cream in Madison at Ashley’s Ice Cream - it was excellent also.

Reaction Score
0_A7_A42_E2_F213_4545_B0_B4_3_AF2_E7_E2_E8_BA.jpg

On our way to Harvey’s Beach today I convinced the wife to stop for a “snack”, didn’t take much convincing really as she herself loves hot lobster rolls. We took it to go so it got a little soggy on the way but it was still quite delicious. @Yorkeez4 if you were there today at about 1:30pm you probably walked right by me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
0_A7_A42_E2_F213_4545_B0_B4_3_AF2_E7_E2_E8_BA.jpg

On our way to Harvey’s Beach today I convinced the wife to stop for a “snack”, didn’t take much convincing really as she loves hot lobster rolls herself. We took it to go so it got a little soggy on the way but it was still quite delicious. @Yorkeez4 if you were there today at about 1:30pm you probably walked right by me.

@Mano We didn’t get there until 4:00.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Going to Eliot, Maine, just outside of Portsmouth, NH for a quick 3 days next week. This thread is leading me to think we'll stop at Lobster Landing on the way home Thursday evening before jazz on the Branford Green, and not stress about seeking a perfect Maine lobster roll with grandkids in the mix.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom