Lobo and Ruocco | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lobo and Ruocco

Reaction Score
I was a ref for 10yrs. Kicks are sometimes missed. We see it in slow m
At it again just incensed at the calls. Poor South Carolina!
Rebecca is in a tough position. She goes overboard to show that she is not pro UCONN.
Frankly I hate the new ESPN style of commentating. The lack of acknowledgment of subs coming into the game or even who a foul is on that gets in the way of their banter just drives me up a wall.

Reaction Score
The refs even went to the monitor on Williams 5th foul and still completely blew the call.
That's what really boggled my mind: when you have the chance to correct yourself and you stick to your original bad call?! I don't think Muhl fouled McDonald either, but I understand the foul call cannot be retracted so I'd probably have assessed it to her given the obvious error in calling it on Williams.

To Williams's credit, she handled it with class. I know she can come it for some real criticism on this board, but I'm a fan of her game and the way she conducts herself in interviews. She accepts praise with grace and is thoughtful in her analysis of her game. And we wouldn't have gotten to the Final Four without her.

Reaction Score
Basketball is not football where you can throw the flag and then pick it up and waive off a penalty. For better or worse, we're stuck with the ref blows the whistle, someone has to be assessed a foul.

Reaction Score
Basketball is not football where you can throw the flag and then pick it up and waive off a penalty. For better or worse, we're stuck with the ref blows the whistle, someone has to be assessed a foul.
If their going to have replays to correct calls on out of bounds, clock etc they should be able to change a foul call that is incorrect

Reaction Score
I agree. But it is not unusual to see the refs huddle and change who the foul was called on.

Reaction Score
Did either-- but esp Ruocco as play-by-play announcer-- highlight Christyn Williams' foul trouble before that seeming phantom call that fouled her out?

I was shocked to discover that was her 5th. If not, poor job on broadcast, particularly since CW was our hottest player & likely critical to any comeback.

Otherwise, I think Ruocco is okay but miss Adam Amin in that role. He was a real credit to ESPN's WCB coverage IMHO. Their 3-person booth with Kara Lawson joining Lobo on color was fantastic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The refs even went to the monitor on Williams 5th foul and still completely blew the call.
I remember ref's made a foul call on Boston & reversed it when reviewing it on the monitor, when S.C. played UConn. This violation with CW, was a erroneous call as was proved by review on tv from all angles ? But no reversal, which definitely influenced the game. NCAA, must spend more, supposedly 50/50 money, on training competent ref's in that we would have more faith in the end result !

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Christyn was so gracious with her post game interview. You could see how upset she was, but not once did she show any distain with the call against her. I was surprised when she said that they thought the game was going to be easy, hence the immaturity that Geno spoke of. I think she is a great representative for the UConn program, and I believe she will show us and the country how passionate and great she can be next year.

Reaction Score
The problem with the Williams call is there was no foul by anyone on the play. Given that and since they can’t rescind the call completely, they had no choice but to stick with the original call, which was on Williams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom