Living the dream: UConn's new AD grew up in sports. (P. Doyle) | The Boneyard

Living the dream: UConn's new AD grew up in sports. (P. Doyle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
"Jacobs had Benedict involved in virtually every aspect of the $120 million operation. Benedict had his fingers in fundraising and budgeting, he oversaw the men's basketball team and constructed a plan to improve the game-day football experience for fans. He also negotiated a nine-year contract with Under Armour."

Reaction Score
"Jacobs had Benedict involved in virtually every aspect of the $120 million operation. Benedict had his fingers in fundraising and budgeting, he oversaw the men's basketball team and constructed a plan to improve the game-day football experience for fans. He also negotiated a nine-year contract with Under Armour."

Seems like another homerun hire by SH. I'd like to see how he does with scheduling as well. Hopefully we can get Auburn on the schedule.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Very nice job by the Courant. Lots of quotes and a nice flow to the article. I don't feel like Benedict will be here that long, but I think he'll do us proud while he's at the helm.

Reaction Score
Very nice job by the Courant. Lots of quotes and a nice flow to the article. I don't feel like Benedict will be here that long, but I think he'll do us proud while he's at the helm.
What gives you that feel? Just curious. Warde went from Buffalo, to Uconn to Michigan, a continual rise. Benedict has gone from Auburn (I know a different position) to Uconn. It's a different path than Warde. I think this could be something Benedict is able to grow and sell Uconn to the P5 conferences when the next conference realignment shake up hits.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
What gives you that feel? Just curious. Warde went from Buffalo, to Uconn to Michigan, a continual rise. Benedict has gone from Auburn (I know a different position) to Uconn. It's a different path than Warde. I think this could be something Benedict is able to grow and sell Uconn to the P5 conferences when the next conference realignment shake up hits.
  • He does not seem to stay anywhere for a long period of time
  • He does not seem to be tied down to geography for prospective jobs
  • P5 money gap is real, someone will come knocking

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
  • He does not seem to stay anywhere for a long period of time
  • He does not seem to be tied down to geography for prospective jobs
  • P5 money gap is real, someone will come knocking
If his objective has been to become an AD... He's now met that, so may be less inclined to jump around. We shall see.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
If his objective has been to become an AD... He's now met that, so may be less inclined to jump around. We shall see.
I hope like heck you are right and I'm wrong. Unfortunately, even Minnesota can double his salary without batting an eye.

Reaction Score
If we learn this summer that it is BYU and Cinci, I think he will be leaving involuntarily.

Reaction Score
If we learn this summer that it is BYU and Cinci, I think he will be leaving involuntarily.

No chance he gets fired if conference realignment takes an unfriendly turn in the next few months. Can't see it happening.

Reaction Score
I just figured with all the speculation here that he is already going elsewhere, I may as well throw that in too! I was being facetious. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom