Tuck 18
Wilson 16
Turner 16
Jones 13
Harper 12

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
LOL. US coaches listed as Kathryn Meier and Yolanda Caldwell. :)

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Agee wrenched her knee two games ago...not too serious. Stewie shot chart inside and out...two 3's, several shorter jumpers.. no dunks. lol Stewie 6-6 from free throw. Tuck lots of work in close, tried three 3's, made one. Tuck 8 rebounds, 2nd on team to Wilson's 10...MoJeff 0-5, 2 free throws, 1 turnover in 16 minutes. Of note, A'ja Wilson listed as center, every shot in both games from the paint... just saying....:)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Convincing Victory over China and team plays Mali tomorrow which should also be a cake walk.

Impressed that Moriah,Morgan and Breanna only have 5 turnovers for the game.

Reading tweets from Mike Flynn apparently Australia and Spain are the best teams along with Team USA.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Convincing Victory over China and team plays Mali tomorrow which should also be a cake walk.

Impressed that Moriah,Morgan and Breanna only have 5 turnovers for the game.

Reading tweets from Mike Flynn apparently Australia and Spain are the best teams along with Team USA.
Yesterday he seemed quite impressed with Brazil as well.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
There was an earlier thread that said Morgan was indeed made captain. ( IDK if she was appointed by coaches or voted by the team.)

I believe Morgan was chosen by her peers.

Reaction Score
What's the story with Agee? 0 minutes.
I'm much more concerned about Jefferson. Did someone put invisible paint of the rims? She just can't seem to hit anything.

I'm worried.

Reaction Score
The more physical the game the more Morgan tends to score in the paint..........Stewie is more of a finesse player and doesn't deal with the physical play as well. And MoJeff got to get a little more aggressive.

You must have missed the tournament when Breanna played through contact. Not all her points were threes.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"Late in last night’s game against Lithuania, Candice Agee (Penn State / Victorville, Calif.) suffered a mild sprain of her left ankle and is listed as day to day."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Looks like Turner deserves a start at Power F.
Graves did really well in the first game and you want to keep balance between the two waves - minutes wise it is all being spaced out pretty evenly. And it seems to be working so far!

Reaction Score
Graves did really well in the first game and you want to keep balance between the two waves - minutes wise it is all being spaced out pretty evenly. And it seems to be working so far!

I agree. Forgot they were platooning. A good strategy for a team with little practice time together.

U

UCONNfan1

Graves is a nice player. Like her length, and she's lean and very athletic. Having said that, and I mean no disrespect to her, but she was generally rated ahead of
Tuck in mos of the recruiting services coming out of HS.

This is the first time we're seeing a fully healthy Tuck and one using the full arsenal of her weapons. Additionally, she's the captain of the team, and per Meier, has a great mind for the game. There were people who raved about her before she came to UCONN, and I think occasionally, she was an afterthought - a good player to complement #1 and #2 Stewart and Jefferson.

It's wonderful to see the kind of value Ms. Tuck brings to the team - a vocal leader who can do a whole lot of everything when on the court. I'm really looking forward to what she does this coming season. I can foresee a team where 6 players average over 10 PPG.

The only ones I think won't are Jefferson, Stokes, and Chong (and the walk on - is she still playing this coming season?). Dolson, Stewart, Lewis, Hartley, Tuck, and Banks could all easily average 10+PPG.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
There was a thread a few days back...no walk on this year

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I have posted numerous times on what an offensive juggernaut this team is going to be. It is going to be very difficult to keep this team under 80 points. They more than likely are going to average close to ninety points. There will be no let-up even when Geno subs in the bench. Not to mention the fact that the defense is going to be stifling. If there are no injuries on this team we are going to be comparing them with some of the best teams we have ever had. Just think about it... Stewie will emerge as quite possibly the best player in WCBB this season...the only player who can prevent that from happening in my opinion is KML who herself may end up as the best player in WCBB. Bria Hartley has returned to her AA level of play...and that can't be good for our opponents. Now, we are beginning to see the real Morgan Tuck. Moriah Jefferson will grow into the point guard position...she is quick, quick, quick...Kiah Stokes is committed to rediscovering her offense and we already know she can play defense. Stefanie Dolson is an All-American who is more than likely the best center in WCBB, Brianna Banks is a defensive stopper who is a great slasher in the Kalana Greene tradition and if she stays healthy she can get to the basket, she can shoot threes and her defensive abilities will only be further highlighted now that the 10 second rule is being instituted at the college level. Saniya Chong is a scoring machine...she will will score.. I don't know what I would do if I was a coach and had to match-up against all the different looks that UConn can give you...

All I can say is buckle up it is going to be one heck of a ride this season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I agree. Forgot they were platooning. A good strategy for a team with little practice time together.
It also has sort of turned into the 'seniors' start and the 'freshman' form the second wave since the starters are all in college and presumably have more maturity, and most of the 'bench' are still in HS or entering their first college season. Good coaching decision to ease the transition for players like Wilson who is playing for USA for the first time - less pressure out of the gate.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
"Late in last night’s game against Lithuania, Candice Agee (Penn State / Victorville, Calif.) suffered a mild sprain of her left ankle and is listed as day to day."

Thanks to you and the others who provided the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom