Live games on the Internet? | The Boneyard

Live games on the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProZack

Old and In the Way
Reaction Score
Is there any way (anywhere) to watch UConn games live on the Internet? We gave up broadcast TV this past year, for the sake of better health. The only thing I will miss is seeing the nationally broadcast games. We live in CA, so we never got to see the SNY games anyway. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Some games (especially games ESPN is doing) may be seen on ESPN3. That would
be one place to check before each game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is there any way (anywhere) to watch UConn games live on the Internet? We gave up broadcast TV this past year, for the sake of better health. The only thing I will miss is seeing the nationally broadcast games. We live in CA, so we never got to see the SNY games anyway. Thanks.
I live in CA too. I have cable so don't have the ability to get SNY on the "all sports package" any more.

I believe that with a SNY subscription, I"l be able to watch the games on my smart TV. If not, I will be disappointed, but that seems to be the only option for me...

Reaction Score
Last season all the SNY games were available on ESPN3.

I live in CT and am considering dumping cable. ESPN, all their related stations along with ESPN3 are available with Sling TV but I am worried that since I live in CT the streams on ESPN3 of SNY games will be blacked out. I do remember that ESPN3 blacked out some games in CT last season. I would like to hear from anyone who has any information on this.

Reaction Score
ESPN3 streams the SNY broadcasts for free, but you have to specify your cable provider and account password when yo sign up (this might be a problem for you if you quit TV, but I hear you can use someone else's password no problemo). Unfortunately for you SNY only shows the games NOT shown on network TV, and those are usually the biggest games. Not sure if ESPN3 streams ESPN games, since I never had to try to do that. So for non-ESPN network games, and maybe ESPN games, you will have to convert some of your friends to WCBB fans so you can go over to their house and watch with them.

Reaction Score

• • Within the SNY footprint of Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Northeast Pennsylvania, SNY is available to all digital cable subscribers (minimum level of expanded basic service required).

• Nationwide, SNY is available on DIRECTV channel 639 with subscription to the Sports Pack. Contact DIRECTV for details.

• Outside of the SNY footprint, SNY is available in select markets on the Out-Of-Market Sports Package through AT&T U-Verse, Verizon FiOS and Comcast Cable. For details about this subscription package, contact your local provider.

Reaction Score
ESPN3 streams the SNY broadcasts for free, but you have to specify your cable provider and account password when yo sign up (this might be a problem for you if you quit TV, but I hear you can use someone else's password no problemo). Unfortunately for you SNY only shows the games NOT shown on network TV, and those are usually the biggest games. Not sure if ESPN3 streams ESPN games, since I never had to try to do that. So for non-ESPN network games, and maybe ESPN games, you will have to convert some of your friends to WCBB fans so you can go over to their house and watch with them.

ESPN3 does stream ESPN programming and games, that's pretty much the primary purpose of the site. They also have the replays, so if you can't watch it live you can watch it later. The only issue is getting the right login permissions if it doesn't automatically grant access based on your internet provider and package.

Reaction Score
ESPN3 does stream ESPN programming and games, that's pretty much the primary purpose of the site. They also have the replays, so if you can't watch it live you can watch it later. The only issue is getting the right login permissions if it doesn't automatically grant access based on your internet provider and package.
Ahh - I thought it was your cable provider (mine are same company)

Reaction Score
Ahh - I thought it was your cable provider (mine are same company)
Me too, always thought it is my cable company. Since it is same as my internet provider.

Reaction Score
Espn3 is with your internet, watch ESPN is with your cable provider, and is needed for streaming live games on espn1 and espn2. Out of the northeast sny games stream on espn3, the only problem is it's only the game, no pregame, halftime or postgame show.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Do i remember correctly; games were blacked out in Vermont, could only see replays
Perhaps we bought a streaming package, for the life of me, can't remember.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes - the agreement between ESPN and SNY was that the ESPN3 streaming would be blacked out in the SNY primary markets - the replays are available but the streaming is only available outside of NE/NY/NJ/Philly market. (Not sure exactly what parts of NE are included in the 'primary market' but think CT, RI, and western MA/Southern VT. SNY was paying all the production costs so they want to force their primary market residents to watch the broadcast with advertising rather than the streaming without the ads.

Reaction Score
I live in florida, have no cable TV, and subscribe to ATT U-Verse, Internet only, 12gb speed. Espn3 recognizes U-Verse as a member affiliate station, I watched the first few UConn Girls BB SNY games free last year on ESPN3, no membership, on my computer monitor. I then subscribed to Slingtv, $20.00/ mo via a Roku, and watched all the games on my big screen tv. Using the Slingtv membership, I watched the ESPN and ESPN2 games (and also ESPN3) games through Roku's HDMI cable through my TV. Roku allowed me to watch ESPN3 because of my Slingtv membership and use of U-Verse internet feed, which it detects automatically. I cancelled Slingtv after the NC game. Roku usage is free, after I purchased a Roku 3 box, for 69.00? Then Slingtv gave a free Roku stick if you paid for 3 months of Slingtv in advance, and I put this Roku stick in another tv that has a hdmi port.

Reaction Score
I caught all the SNY broadcasts via Watch ESPN, I guess in conjunction with DirecTV. I currently do not have ESPN3 with DirecTV.

Reaction Score
There used to be an All-Access internet program for University games. Monthly fee. I think all games were shown, but not the with the ESPN/SNY announcers. You could look on the UCONN women's basketball website to see if it is still active. It was affiliated with CBS if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score
I caught all the SNY broadcasts via Watch ESPN, I guess in conjunction with DirecTV. I currently do not have ESPN3 with DirecTV.
You wouldn't have ESPN3 with DirecTV. ESPN3 is the same as Watch ESPN, except Watch ESPN is for events that are actually being televised on ESPN networks. ESPN3 is streaming of other non-ESPN events, like SNY's broadcasts of UCONN games.

Reaction Score
I ditched my cable a few months back. While this will be my first go around for bball season I was successfully able to watch the 1st UConn Football Game (SNY coverage) using the WatchESPN app. If you have a sling account, which I do, that is an acceptable account that provies you access to the application. Reading some of the previous commentary, I live in CT and it was not blacked out on the app.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
One addition. In order to get the full ESPN 3 subscription with the Sling TV credentials you have to pay Sing TV an additional $5.00 per month for the "Sports Pack".
I too pulled the DTV plug last week and purchased an X Box as my "media center". It is a OTA TV tuner and will act as a DVR after a software update this fall. With the Sling TV app, Netflix and Hulu it's been relatively painless.
ESPN 3 does stream SNY games and I don't anticipate missing any mens or womens games.

ProZack

Old and In the Way
Reaction Score
Thanks for all the input. I'm not sure we can get WatchESPN/ESPN3 to work. We live in a fairly rural area with limited Internet provider options. The satellite service we have (Viasat-Exede) is very restrictive on bandwidth, unless you're willing to pay significantly. I guess I can just head to one of the local bars when a game is being nationally televised and try to convince them to put on "girls" basketball. Oh well. Go Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom