Liv with an awesome WNBA preseason game (in a Loss to Seattle) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Liv with an awesome WNBA preseason game (in a Loss to Seattle)

Reaction Score
As info, the LA Sparks waived Lauren Cox today. While that doesn’t mean that Liv has made the team, it puts her a whole lot closer to her goal.
My thinking was that Lauren Cox was the one that Liv would replace if she made the team. I believe Cox had a contract so the Sparks may be on the hook for that.

Reaction Score
I love it, I hate it. Liv, groin injury face to face with Boston attacked from all sides--it is a wonder she did as well as she did. Remember Azure? A highly recruited, considered a Star in the making. She didn't do as well in her final game as ONO. LIV was a Husky from the moment Geno Recruited her--once a Husky always a Husky. There is something Marine sounding about that phrase! Husky Alums are cherished.
Wait, what??? Stevens was killin it in that game. If Geno put her back in after the half instead of ono, we would have another championship. She impacted the game late in the first half and we were on a roll. I love me some ONO, but not that day, not that game. It was all Stevens.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A little Jordin Canada / Liv give and go

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liv's 2nd exhibition game vs Phx
15 minutes
1 for 4 from the field plus 6 for 6 from FT line
6 rebounds

Box score below

Liv with 3 OReb. 6-6 FT's in a super pressure situation (making the WNBA) is really impressive. And Cambage with 6 fouls in 11 minutes. Maybe they can find some minutes for a disciplined post after all in LA. :rolleyes:

By the way, this game is not showing up on the WNBA site??? :oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I do remember Azura' and that is not correct.
Azura in her last UCONN game 19 Points 8 Rebounds on 8 of 12 shooting in 28 minutes.
ONO in her final UCONN game 4 Points 2 rebounds in 23 minutes.
Azura' is also a treasured UCONN husky and was present to watch UCONN play in the final four this season. Geno also recruited Azura. BTW that saying regarding the Marines is one that was borrowed from the senior branch of the US Armed STTervices.
I do remember Azura' and that is not correct.
Azura in her last UCONN game 19 Points 8 Rebounds on 8 of 12 shooting in 28 minutes.
ONO in her final UCONN game 4 Points 2 rebounds in 23 minutes.
Azura' is also a treasured UCONN husky and was present to watch UCONN play in the final four this season. Geno also recruited Azura. BTW that saying regarding the Marines is one that was borrowed from the senior branch of the US Armed Services.
Treasured? I liked her and thought she was played out of her comfort position of forward. I won't argue the point total because it unimportant. Sue Bird is a treasure, DT treasure Anne a treasure--Azure not for me.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Treasured? I liked her and thought she was played out of her comfort position of forward. I won't argue the point total because it unimportant. Sue Bird is a treasure, DT treasure Anne a treasure--Azure not for me.
Which is perfectly ok. The numbers (point totals) are important to the extent that they may "accurately" shape our opinions of the player. Despite playing out of position (at center) and playing behind an established AA ( Napheesa Collier) Azura' put together one of the most productive seasons in the history of UCONN WBB. Those numbers "should" form the basis of opinions regarding her but unfortunately far too many start with the memory that she left UCONN with remaining eligibility to pursue her WNBA dream. She is definitely treasured by me and hopefully other who have come to realize that UCONN hasn't seen that kind of productivity from that position since Azura' departed.

Reaction Score
The major problem in making a WNBA roster is the short training camp and almost non existent preseason games makes it very difficult if not impossible for a new player to make the team on that basis. Since logically basketball is a game of streaks, how well a player does in the limited sample size the preseason provides is not really a good indicator of their talent. Usually teams just go on reputation and long term results rather than training camp. It will be very difficult for ONO to make this roster they just have too many proven vets at her position. Not fair but that's the way it is.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The major problem in making a WNBA roster is the short training camp and almost non existent preseason games makes it very difficult if not impossible for a new player to make the team on that basis. Since logically basketball is a game of streaks, how well a player does in the limited sample size the preseason provides is not really a good indicator of their talent. Usually teams just go on reputation and long term results rather than training camp. It will be very difficult for ONO to make this roster they just have too many proven vets at her position. Not fair but that's the way it is.
If we are counting Liv as a post, with Cox cut, aren't they down to Cambage and Zahui B? Is it so irregular to carry 3 posts?

Reaction Score
Why couldn't she take those shots with no hesitation at UConn instead of freezing?
Part of it is floor spacing. First, this is 3x3, so less chance for help side defenders/double teams. Also, in the W in general, players can/will shoot from anywhere so there’s less chance of a player sagging off their assignment to double (if they do, it can make for an easy kick out to whoever is open and the defense could pay for that). Zone defense is also almost nonexistent (if not entirely nonexistent) because of the defensive 3 second rule and players being able to take/make 3s more regularly than at the college level.

Edit: Basically I’m saying ONO has more room to operate, which makes her life easier. Also, everyone has to be a scoring threat in the W, so her taking shots is a necessity if she has a shot open rather than her being a 3rd, 4th, or 5th option for a play.

Reaction Score
WNBA Transactions

This website has been pretty accurate and updates more frequently than the WNBA page. LA just waived Te’a Cooper, Arella Guirantes, and Kianna Smith. I think that leaves 14 left on the LA roster (max. 12 players) so now it’s down to the final 2 cuts (or 3 cuts if they try to go with 11).

Both Jasmine Walker and Lexie Brown are still listed and neither did much lasted year and the other players listed are pretty solid (Ogwumikes, Cambage, Toliver, Sykes, Carter, and I’d even say Zahui B. has grown into the league). I hope ONO makes one of the final spots!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom