Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
my new BY avatar

I watched the game when I should have been sleep

used a different DVR

Reaction Score
It wasn't you, DC - it was entirely my doing.

Friday night I brought Chinese takeout (Westport Chinese Takeout is excellent) over to a buddy's house, but our whole party flopped as Jeremy Lin failed get off to a good start, while the Hornets were energized enough to win by 4.

On Saturday I just had to see the 100th consecutive home win in person, right?

a3324554-250-Joe%20Btfsplk.jpg

Reaction Score
Senior nights always have a tendency to disrupt the home teams focus. I have seen it happen too often for it to be only a coincidence.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Senior nights always have a tendency to disrupt the home teams focus. I have seen it happen too often for it to be only a coincidence.
how many games have they lost on senior night?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Signs of the bad mojo were all over the place.

KML forced to change numbers.
Caroline whacked in the mouth (and busts a tooth?)
Unrecognizable UConn defense

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Why was KML forced to change numbers please?
Because she had blood on her #23 shirt.

I don't know if it was her blood or another player's. But either way, she has to change the shirt.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
You are missing the biggest mojo buster of all - they announced there would be a ceremony after the game for the 100th win. Unlike some of the silly mojo busters, this could actually affect the results. Can you imagine hearing that if you were St. Johns? Not that they needed any extra incentive, but it was extra incentive.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
You are missing the biggest mojo buster of all - they announced there would be a ceremony after the game for the 100th win. Unlike some of the silly mojo busters, this could actually affect the results. Can you imagine hearing that if you were St. Johns? Not that they needed any extra incentive, but it was extra incentive.
wow... who announced it (Gampel or CPTV)?

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Because she had blood on her #23 shirt.

I don't know if it was her blood or another player's. But either way, she has to change the shirt.
It may have been Kaleena's blood. I assume you watch Hoopstreams up Vermont way...check the replay of Kaleena shooting foul shots with 1 min. left in the game. The camera is on her as she prepares to shoot and I noticed she had a pretty good mouse on her left eye. Didn't notice a cut/scratch, but she likely had a small cut to the eyebrow or socket. I've been the recipient of a few errant elbows and finger nails in my playing days that caused a bleeder. They use to tape you up, now they glue you back together. :)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
The whole thing was a wreck mo-jo wise. Of course this is monday morning quarterbacking, but ya gotta handle this stuff with greater care. I'm not even going to mention the predictions. And a super emotional senior night just before a huge game, is this a good idea? It used to seem so, but this year there was only one senior, and it might have made her an emotional wreck. I dunno. As always, fun to speculate. No real knowledge.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The whole thing was a wreck mo-jo wise. Of course this is monday morning quarterbacking, but ya gotta handle this stuff with greater care. I'm not even going to mention the predictions. And a super emotional senior night just before a huge game, is this a good idea? It used to seem so, but this year there was only one senior, and it might have made her an emotional wreck. I dunno. As always, fun to speculate. No real knowledge.
Im sorry for starting the "score predictions" thread... :)

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Perhaps we can figure out a cheer methodology rather than the ridiculous "score prediction" thread...talk about bad mojo - it is amazing this hasn't happened before - or it did, actually.

No smiley face, but I am joking, but sad.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not sure what my mojo sin was but yesterday really sucked all around. My wife was upset with me (with good reason - as always :rolleyes:), my favorite football team (see avatar) lost and splashed out of the only competition left they had a chance to win a trophy. So I figured, well at least I can watch UCONN win and the day won't be a total loss. Yeah. Total sucky day.

At least it's now today. Hopefully it'll be better.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
I missed the first half of the game, ordered pizza from a different place, failed to put UConn gear on the chicklet even though I managed to keep her awake (She fell asleep during the Baylor and ND games since they were on so late), the hubby's computer overheated so we missed some more of the game, and I have no idea where the infamous tats are. :p

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
No UConn gear on the chicklet...oy...that's definitely why we lost!!!

Reaction Score
No UConn gear on the chicklet...oy...that's definitely why we lost!!!
Perhaps is was as simple as Kim Barnes Arico having her fingers crossed behind her back.:)

Reaction Score
Geno himself was the Mojo buster for criticizing the NC player for allowing that 3 to win against Duke on his show. Paraphrasing,
"You're up by 2, the only way you can lose is by a 3, so the kid steps back and says, I dare you to make it. What does the kid do?
Drains the 3 Duke wins." What did UConn do? Allow the 3...............

Reaction Score
It wasn't you, DC - it was entirely my doing.

Friday night I brought Chinese takeout (Westport Chinese Takeout is excellent) over to a buddy's house, but our whole party flopped as Jeremy Lin failed get off to a good start, while the Hornets were energized enough to win by 4.

On Saturday I just had to see the 100th consecutive home win in person, right?

a3324554-250-Joe%20Btfsplk.jpg

I have not seen old Joe Btfsplk in a coon's age! Good old Joe, your best friend and worst jinx on Earth! Dude! Your punishment is to use Joe Btfsplk as you avatar until the next UCONN win.

Reaction Score

I propose that the ceremony be abolished. Or scheduled for November when we play St. Bonaventure or the like.

Me, I got sideswiped by a truck on 91 and never got there.

Reaction Score
my new BY avatar

I watched the game when I should have been sleep

used a different DVR
Wasn't you. I'm visiting FL and decided it was going to be a blow out so I chose to go out to dinner and stream the archive today. I have never ever before chose to watch a game after the fact. Bad Mojo.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Perhaps is was as simple as Kim Barnes Arico having her fingers crossed behind her back.:)

I'll go with that. Anything to take the heat off of me and the little one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom