Link to the Big 12 Presser | The Boneyard

Link to the Big 12 Presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boren talking with his tail between his legs.

The market said no network.....
No digital capabilities....
Blah....Blah....Blahhhhhhh

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Id watch this while putting my son to bed but im afraid my laughter would rile him up too much.

What an embarassment.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
"The schools told us about their athletic departments and so it was not time wasted." "It was no wasted effort."

Lol, yeah ok.

Reaction Score
So if they aren't expanding definitively and will stay at 10 for the foreseeable future, will they change the name away from Big 12? Such a terrible name.

Reaction Score
"This was a celebration of what we have". This party included inviting 20 schools to provide info and 11 to waste time and money for this dog and pony show. When can we do this again? What a celebration!

Reaction Score
(Paraphrase) "Not a decision not to expand, an endorsement of what we are".

Think I've got bingo now.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If I had $1 for each time Boren said stable and strength I'd be retired. I guess if he says it enough maybe it'll come true.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
He sounds like a guy trying to convince himself this is the right move.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
And Bowlsby talks about 3 National titles last year. Those titles were: women's gymnastics, softball & men's & women's diving. Way to make it sound like you were relevant on a national stage.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Did conversation of GOR come up?

"No. The presidents expressed unity and cohesion. We are committed to each other and the Big XII."

Haha. So everyone is singing kumbaya but no one wants to actually put pen to paper. Lol. Hmm... Where have I heard that before? Cough BC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And here we go...

Boren:
Thoughtful and candid meeting...
No expansion remain at 10 members
Every president strong commitments to the conference.
No discussion of particular schools.
[CL82: Feeling urge to punch this jack hole]
Decision was unanimous.
Time and effort spent by petitionering schools not wasted because got to know them.

Bowlsby:
He did make a recomendation:
-bring process to closure on way or another.
Decision is a celebration in what we have.
Decision had not much to do with the +/-'s of petitioning schools
(which they did voluntarily) just our faith in our model.
Not a decision not to expand but an endorsement and reinvestment in our member schools
Hitting self identified again [worried about suit from schools?]

Q&A
Door is closed - not an active agenda item
Boren landscape is changing but is not an agenda item
Circumstances have radically changed, it was about a conference network [revisionism?] but Big 12 cannot 'command the marketplace.'
Would have made sense originally. Network is off the table.
GOR extention did not come up because conference members are so committed to each other. But since no TV discussion, no GOR discussion was needed.
Re: ESPN and FOX B&B won't discuss, but championship game talks are occurring.

Reaction Score
Bowlsby completely dodged the question about whether the networks told them not to expand. Too bad the questioner didn't push him to answer it.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Q: What do you say to the candidate schools?

A: GFY.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Bowlsby completely dodged the question about whether the networks told them not to expand. Too bad the questioner didn't push him to answer it.

Somebody should have asked him about what was in the very large duffel bag on a table in a corner of the room.

Reaction Score
LOL they never asked Bowlsby for what schools he thought would fit best today -

So Bob, I know you did this 90 minute presentation and this 3 month process but please don't tell us who you think we should add unless we explicitly ask you to.

OK.

I just hate the BS.

Reaction Score
In a nutshell... the networks CEO's told the B12 they would not look all that kindly on adding any more schools to the B12, and the B12 School Presidents heeded that advice. So this weekend was a quick , unanimous vote to not expand, and the B12 meetings went on to other discussions, then wrapped up their meetings hours early, and then they all got on early flights home.

Reaction Score
if the B12 collapses, all these current 10 B12 schools knows a ton of info on 11 schools outside their conferences... both positives, negatives, that these 10 B12 schools can use to their advantage in finding a future league home, potentially for themselves, individually.. Meanwhile, the 11 schools that were heavily " investigated " in the B12 evaluation process does not know the current B12 schools inside data to anywhere near the same great details. Personally, I think the 11 schools have regrettably just been had, by the 10, B12 schools ( whether intentionally, or unintentionally ).

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
if the B12 collapses, all these current 10 B12 schools knows a ton of info on 11 schools outside their conferences... both positives, negatives, that these 10 B12 schools can use to their advantage in finding a future league home, potentially for themselves, individually.. Meanwhile, the 11 schools that were heavily " investigated " in the B12 evaluation process does not know the current B12 schools inside data to anywhere near the same great details. Personally, I think the 11 schools have regrettably just been had, by the 10, B12 schools ( whether intentionally, or unintentionally ).

No amount of competitive data is going to move OSU out of Stillwater, KSU out of Manhattan, Tech out of Lubbock, Baylor out of Waco, Kansas out of Kansas, Iowa State out of Ames or West Virginia put of WV.

This is going to come home to roost for most of these schools and they know it. What they saw was the schools that are going to pass their prairie a es very shortly and they are desperately clinging to their media partners to maintain their advantage. I can't wait to revisit this in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom