Link Post Game Press Conference. Baylor us UConn | The Boneyard

Link Post Game Press Conference. Baylor us UConn

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I was impressed with the Baylor Coach and players in the pre-game press conference.

Now, I'm even more impressed after the post game conference. After a BIG loss.

I'm going to be watching & learning about this team next fall.

Yep. Those Baylor girls are earning fans just as our girl's at UConn do.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
One point of correction in what Coach Collen said about our McD's All Americans. We only have ONE starter who was a McD's All American - Azzi. The other 4 are from other Countries. As for the bench it is true that Ayanna Patterson, Caroline Ducharme, Amari DeBerry and Aubrey Griffin were also named McDonald's All-Americans while in high school.

Reaction Score
One point of correction in what Coach Collen said about our McD's All Americans. We only have ONE starter who was a McD's All American - Azzi. The other 4 are from other Countries. As for the bench it is true that Ayanna Patterson, Caroline Ducharme, Amari DeBerry and Aubrey Griffin were also named McDonald's All-Americans while in high school.
Umm, so that makes 5 McDonald’s AA on our team?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 is right in the middle of a lot of realignment speculation.

Reaction Score
really enjoyed hearing Coach Collen's breakdown of why our small line-up was so effective for us and so hard for them to deal with. Ducharme and AG stretched them defensively in ways they hadn't planned for and couldn't deal with. Haven't seen a coach go into detail like that in a postgame before

Reaction Score
Coach Colllen inspires one to be a big fan of Baylor WCBB. Her comments were gracious, insightful, and articulate. Her appreciation for the game, the competition, UConn‘s performance, Geno , and especially her own team is the very model of good sportsmanship. If ever there was an example of how to conduct yourself in a press conference after losing a tournament game, this is it. Absolutely five stars.

Reaction Score
Geno scrum:

Geno is hilarious in this one. On Nika:

"Yeah I gave her the biggest hug, but I whispered in her ear I still hate you."
"She pushes and pushes and pushes me to the brink but she always stops right before I deport her."
"There's a lot of good guards around the country - we played some of them tonight - but there's no one in America I would trade Nika for."

A little paraphrasing by me because we all know Geno's run-on sentences. Fun presser!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno is hilarious in this one. On Nika:

"Yeah I gave her the biggest hug, but I whispered in her ear I still hate you."
"She pushes and pushes and pushes me to the brink but she always stops right before I deport her."
"There's a lot of good guards around the country - we played some of them tonight - but there's no one in America I would trade Nika for."

A little paraphrasing by me because we all know Geno's run-on sentences. Fun presser!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Collen didn't make excuses. She gave both Geno and the team compliments. She brought up the issue with a transfer not being eligible, but said it is what it is. When she was hired, I said, who? However now seeing her team live, I think this will be a fun matchup for an OOC game in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom