(Link) Gary Parrish's Top 25 post-NBA draft | The Boneyard

(Link) Gary Parrish's Top 25 post-NBA draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Facey is an enigma. Nationally, nobody is going to count him as a valuable piece because he barely saw the court last year. We are excited about him because KO loves him and we've seen the videos of him draining one 3 after another.

Boat is underrated and the value of having experienced guys like Purvis and Cassell is overlooked because they are new to the program. They are older, bigger and wiser than freshmen and despite being new to the program, should contribute big right away.

Reaction Score
Facey barely played last year because of his comical foul rate. Why anyone thinks that the media should assume he's poised for some sort of breakout season is beyond me.

Oh, but we can assume he's behind Rakim Lubin and the others? That's what Parrish did.

Reaction Score
Facey barely played last year because of his comical foul rate. Why anyone thinks that the media should assume he's poised for some sort of breakout season is beyond me.

NY Gatorade player of year, 6'9" and jumps high/quick, shows nose for ball rebounding, year of college strength/agility/shooting/skill training from very good coaching staff. Is 21 years old so mature for sophomore and should be accelerating his basketball IQ from late start in the sport. Played behind 2 good forwards on team that favored 3 guard lineup and had 8 man rotation that left out 2 beginning of season starters so was essentially 11th man. Bazz/Boat/Giff/Nolan/DD; Kromah/Brimah/Samuel; Olander/Calhoun; and then Facey. This was a national championship team with a floor attribute requirement he didn't fit well enough, this year different story.

Why assume scrubs for Kentucky who didn't play are so good?

Facey fouled about once every 4 minutes, Nolan and Brimah about once every 5.5 minutes.

Reaction Score
How is it possible that 3 teams, Duke, Kentucky, and Arizona all lost their 2 best players and are ranked ahead of Wisconsin. Wisconsin has pretty much the whole team coming back that went to the final four and had very few losses on a really tough schedule. Uconn has lots of question marks, so their ranking makes sense.

Reaction Score
That is not why Kentan Facey didn't play much last year. He didn't play because we had DeAndre Daniels and Niels Giffey.
I don't know if I can buy that 100%. We needed rebounding badly, especially early in the year, and Facey proved he could do that effectively. Despite that he didn't play, because he fouled at an insane rate, and would constantly get lost in our defensive schemes.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I can buy that 100%. We needed rebounding badly, especially early in the year, and Facey proved he could do that effectively. Despite that he didn't play, because he fouled at an insane rate, and would constantly get lost in our defensive schemes.

but that's the main point though, Facey couldn't get time because there were much better players at his position in DD and Giffey that knew what to do in both our offensive and defensive schemes. posters(not saying you) would talk about his rebounding and wonder why he wasn't playing while neglecting the fact that he was lost on defensive rotations, and that he couldn't provide offensively what DD and Giffey could. Nolan and Brimah fouled at crazy rates too but they both got the nod over Olander because they were better.

Reaction Score

But again, every minute that Facey was on the floor was a minute that DeAndre Daniels was on the bench. And when DeAndre was on the bench, Giffey at the 4 was a pretty effective option as well, especially once our rebounding woes miraculously disappeared.

So my point is that regardless of how well Facey played last year, his minutes at the 4 were always going to be capped. Sure he could have played the 5 some, but he simply isn't as big as the other 3 guys we had there as well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Duke lost the guy that is probably the favorite to be rookie of the year, plus another 1st round pick, off a team that went out in the first round, and they will be better next year. Got it.

Reaction Score
Not sure how we will do next year but our reserves list looks much better than previous years. In fact Boat has more to work with than Bazz or Kemba did at the start of their last seasons. Its also exciting to know we won't be a donut team for a long while now, as I'm expect Brimah to explode. I'm actually okay with us being overlooked again.

However I'm keeping my eye on Wisconsin. They have a lot returning (losing only one player) with a fire in their belly. I expect them to be number one at some point next season.

Reaction Score
Not sure how we will do next year but our reserves list looks much better than previous years. In fact Boat has more to work with than Bazz or Kemba did at the start of their last seasons. Its also exciting to know we won't be a donut team for a long while now, as I'm expect Brimah to explode. I'm actually okay with us being overlooked again.

However I'm keeping my eye on Wisconsin. They have a lot returning (losing only one player) with a fire in their belly. I expect them to be number one at some point next season.

Wisconsin looks to me like a team that will lead and win from start to finish. I think a very quick team can exploit them, since I saw a lot of missed open shots for Kentucky in the F4 game, but Wisky will be hard to contain when they are on offense. They have length too, but Wisky aren't great defenders. They can be beaten.

Reaction Score
Duke lost the guy that is probably the favorite to be rookie of the year, plus another 1st round pick, off a team that went out in the first round, and they will be better next year. Got it.

Recruiting. They replaced the guy who went #2 in this year's draft with the early favorite to go #1 in next year's draft. Plus they added either the best or second best freshman point guard in the country, who I'm sure will be a lottery pick in next year's draft as well.

Reaction Score
Duke reloaded- again. However their first foray into UK style team did not really go all that well. I know Rat Face is looked at one of the best coaches in the country but he has not shown it the last several years in the post season. They deserve to be ranked in the top ten because of their talent alone- same with Uk. But the "just letting the kids play" only works to a point.

Reaction Score
Oh, but we can assume he's behind Rakim Lubin and the others? That's what Parrish did.

Where do you get the idea that Parrish has Facey "behind" Lubin? Because he's listed after him among the reserves? That seems like a bit of a stretch.

Reaction Score
Where do you get the idea that Parrish has Facey "behind" Lubin? Because he's listed after him among the reserves? That seems like a bit of a stretch.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Lubin gets more minutes than Facey next year.

Reaction Score
To most outsiders Shabazz was 80% of the team and DD was 19 of the remaking 20%. These things are nice for shallow conversation, but not worth caring about. Where did CBS have us ranked going into last season....how did that end for us?

Reaction Score
NY Gatorade player of year . . .
Very well said - well enough for a like AND a quote.
I'll throw in this . . .

If you can't be excited about a kid the size of Facey who showed, as a freshman in limited minutes, a bloodhouse-like nose for the ball while rebounding, and expect that, after Daniels and Giffey both have departed, he'll have a very important roll on this team, then you are a fine pessimist, and I'll leave you to your negativity.

For me? I'm ridiculously stoked about this kid, as I see him as having the physical skills to be a fantastic 4 year player.

Reaction Score

Read every single team's reserves. They are listed in order of impact off the bench.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Looking ahead, I think Wiscy is the best team. Kentucky is up there, and so is Louisville. I think Gonzaga is a sleeper, they have a really good core. I think they might surprise some people and win 30+ games.

Reaction Score
Looking ahead, I think Wiscy is the best team. Kentucky is up there, and so is Louisville. I think Gonzaga is a sleeper, they have a really good core. I think they might surprise some people and win 30+ games.

I think Sabonis' kid is going to be really good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom