Life Moves Fast: Pat Fitzgerald Out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Life Moves Fast: Pat Fitzgerald Out

Reaction Score
The other interesting thing is that the people suing seem to me mostly from the mid 2010s - normally if this is a big culture thing, it generally gets worse, not better. Again - not saying it didn't happen and I'm 100% against it, but a lot of this seems like it is a few years removed. Which might be why my son (and others he has talked to) didn't see any of this during 2021. It might not have been going on. Which makes it harder for me believe that this was "driven" by the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
The other interesting thing is that the people suing seem to me mostly from the mid 2010s - normally if this is a big culture thing, it generally gets worse, not better. Again - not saying it didn't happen and I'm 100% against it, but a lot of this seems like it is a few years removed. Which might be why my son (and others he has talked to) didn't see any of this during 2021. It might not have been going on. Which makes it harder for me believe that this was "driven" by the coaching staff.
Nobody cares about what your son the trainer didn’t see or hear. The players who participated took cues from the coach making the gesture during practice; that is the coach “driving” the behavior.

And people come out going back years and years all the time when someone decides to finally speak out. Happens basically every time.

Reaction Score
Nobody cares about what your son the trainer didn’t see or hear. The players who participated took cues from the coach making the gesture during practice; that is the coach “driving” the behavior.

And people come out going back years and years all the time when someone decides to finally speak out. Happens basically every time.

Sigh. Missed the point completely. The point is this: Obviously something was going on - and it shouldn't have been. The question is - how much was the players on their own and how much was the coaching staff - and was it organized?

And maybe the signal - assuming I stipulate that Fitz was sending a signal - was that he ordered some level of hazing. And I'm not saying he didn't. But - without ANY evidence - people seem to be thinking that "Fitz told guys to sexually assault other guys in the locker room". And that's a pretty high bar with no evidence. He could have thought it was harmless pranks and the players took it on themselves to turn it into what it was.

At the end of the day - Fitz is responsible for what happened on his team under his watch and therefore should be fired. That doesn't mean that he told players to sexually assault other players.

And if it was highly organized and out in the open and everyone knew, then how come everyone doesn't know?

Reaction Score
Sigh. Missed the point completely. The point is this: Obviously something was going on - and it shouldn't have been. The question is - how much was the players on their own and how much was the coaching staff - and was it organized?
The coaches were throwing up the signal for who was to be hazed for a bad play in practice. Then the players hazed each other. That’s both head coach and players. That’s organized behavior. But lol I’m the one missing something. Suuuuure. It doesn’t matter to what degree either side is responsible; both participated, the coach knew and could have stopped it, but instead fed into it. It’s that simple.
And maybe the signal - assuming I stipulate that Fitz was sending a signal - was that he ordered some level of hazing. And I'm not saying he didn't. But - without ANY evidence - people seem to be thinking that "Fitz told guys to sexually assault other guys in the locker room". And that's a pretty high bar with no evidence. He could have thought it was harmless pranks and the players took it on themselves to turn it into what it was.
Hazing is hazing. The rules are the rules. Either he knew and was okay with it all, or he is grossly incompetent and doesn’t deserve to run a program. It’s that simple.
At the end of the day - Fitz is responsible for what happened on his team under his watch and therefore should be fired. That doesn't mean that he told players to sexually assault other players.
Doesn’t really matter.
And if it was highly organized and out in the open and everyone knew, then how come everyone doesn't know?
No one said it was out in the open not that everyone knew.

Reaction Score
The coaches were throwing up the signal for who was to be hazed for a bad play in practice. Then the players hazed each other. That’s both head coach and players. That’s organized behavior. But lol I’m the one missing something. Suuuuure. It doesn’t matter to what degree either side is responsible; both participated, the coach knew and could have stopped it, but instead fed into it. It’s that simple.

Hazing is hazing. The rules are the rules. Either he knew and was okay with it all, or he is grossly incompetent and doesn’t deserve to run a program. It’s that simple.

Doesn’t really matter.

No one said it was out in the open not that everyone knew.

We aren't disagreeing yet you seem to want to fight about it.

It is wrong.
Fitz is responsible and should be fired.

The only thing I'm debating is that people keep insinuating that Fitz new of and approved of all of the dirty details and I'm not sure that's true. Fitz is somewhere between truly evil and grossly negligent. I don't pretend to have enough of the facts to make that determination, but everyone else seems to think they do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom