Life Moves Fast: Pat Fitzgerald Out | The Boneyard

Life Moves Fast: Pat Fitzgerald Out

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I was shocked to hear he was fired but I was more shocked to read all of the odd rituals that happened there over years. I am amazed that these barbaric...oddly sexual...rituals still happen in today's environment. Especially at a school that's considered academically superior.

Reaction Score
I was shocked to hear he was fired but I was more shocked to read all of the odd rituals that happened there over years. I am amazed that these barbaric...oddly sexual...rituals still happen in today's environment. Especially at a school that's considered academically superior.

Between Penn State, Michigan State, Ohio State and now Northwestern that conference is the source of some repugnant scandals.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The NU president has to go. He tried to cover it up.

Reaction Score
As unwanted and unnecessary as this behavior is, what's described in that report actually sounds pretty tame compared to the hazing that goes on elsewhere. You're only hearing about it here because it's the one school where the journalists are bigger stars than the players.

Given the school seems to be taking the word of a couple ex-players over the entire active team, I'd say its reactionary, punitive response fits 2023 quite well.

Reaction Score
As unwanted and unnecessary as this behavior is, what's described in that report actually sounds pretty tame compared to the hazing that goes on elsewhere. You're only hearing about it here because it's the one school where the journalists are bigger stars than the players.

Given the school seems to be taking the word of a couple ex-players over the entire active team, I'd say its reactionary, punitive response fits 2023 quite well.
In the span of about a week there's already almost a dozen people backing up the original claims and the investigation said the claims were true.

Your little hot take is only going to get worse as time goes on and more people come out.

Reaction Score
You're only hearing about it here because it's the one school where the journalists are bigger stars than the players.

I thought the allegations were brought forward by the The Daily Northwestern which is the student newspaper. I believe the journalists are students. That makes them bigger stars than the football players?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

It's okay. I'm shocked people are shocked and amazed about these things occurring.

Reaction Score
It's okay. I'm shocked people are shocked and amazed about these things occurring.
The fact that Fitzgerald himself may have been directing the team to haze specific players because of mistakes made in a practice or game is pretty shocking imo. That takes the scandal from weird and out of hand to nefarious real quick.

Reaction Score
Between Penn State, Michigan State, Ohio State and now Northwestern that conference is the source of some repugnant scandals.
You forgot University of Michigan, unbelievably disturbing what went on there for decades and how they still won't own up to it. They still have people working there who were a part of it...

HBO’s ‘Real Sports’ airing segment on late University of Michigan doctor’s sex abuse

Reaction Score
You forgot University of Michigan, unbelievably disturbing what went on there for decades and how they still won't own up to it. They still have people working there who were a part of it...

HBO’s ‘Real Sports’ airing segment on late University of Michigan doctor’s sex abuse

I think in my head I just lumped them both together.

Reaction Score
And people want to join a conference full of degenerates! Give me the Big12!!!

I kid.

Oh we take the B1G offer in less than a heartbeat. This isn’t affecting anything.

Reaction Score

I read the report. This is more than jock culture.

But it’s funny that people think that any locker room is like the one on Ted Lasso.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Do guys get off on this? This type of stuff has always gone on and I'll never understand it. It's disturbing.
It's the humiliation not any specific act. Some guys need to punch down.

Reaction Score
It's the humiliation not any specific act. Some guys need to punch down.
I don't get the sexual stuff that so often goes along with it. Why would they want to be naked rubbing up on each other? That should be weird and humiliating for all of them.

Reaction Score
Looking at this from another angle, it seems like the convenient excuse to get rid of Fitzgerald to get out from under a expensive contract. He hasn't been lighting it up - 2019 (3-9) 2020 (7-2 but crazy COVID season) 2021 (3-9) and 2022 (1-10). He's owed a boatload of millions that I predcict he'll get down the road when he wins a case. Much like with Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
Looking at this from another angle, it seems like the convenient excuse to get rid of Fitzgerald to get out from under a expensive contract. He hasn't been lighting it up - 2019 (3-9) 2020 (7-2 but crazy COVID season) 2021 (3-9) and 2022 (1-10). He's owed a boatload of millions that I predcict he'll get down the road when he wins a case. Much like with Kevin Ollie.
If you're allowing/condoning a team of naked players to rub all over another naked player in the shower and to hump players as a part of your program I'm pretty sure you've violated your contract.

Reaction Score

This would make sense if the story wasn't broken by a bunch of student journalists, who I can promise are not bigger stars than the football players

Reaction Score
Hard to believe that this was kept quiet all these years with Social Media everywhere.
Definitely a bad look for Northwestern - I always thought Fitzgerald was a good leader....guess I was wrong

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom