Life and Times of DJ Shoemate | The Boneyard

Life and Times of DJ Shoemate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First I want to say I really feel for the kid and hope that this is just another blip in a career of blips and wish to see him on the field. With that being said, a quick timeline. This kid has seen everything in 5 short years

1. Heralded 5 star recruit to USC
2. Early success(plays as frosh)
3. position switch (FB/WR/FB)
4. Major Scandal @ USC
5. Transfer(no penalty) to UCONN, another position switch(to TB)
6. Fumble issues relegate to benchwarmer/special teams performer Edsalls last year
7. Injuries cost him chance to win starting job, linger throughout year/REDSHIRT
8. May have to retire due to chronic shoulder pain.

I will say this. For everything he has been through on his road, he always has been a terrific teammate and has shown no evidence of ego.

Hopefully we see him on the field this fall in ANY capacity, he has earned it after considering the above.

Reaction Score
Chronic pain obviously is never a good sign. Good luck, DJ!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah, I was a bit surprised there wasn't more reaction to this latest news here. But then maybe because we hadn't seem him on the playing field a lot, and there's a pool of younger guys competing for the chance to step in, it might be a case of we don't know what we're missing. I'd still love for DJ to show UConn country what he's capable of this fall.

Reaction Score
Really hoping to see him on the field this year. Good guy and teammate. Good luck DJ.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's too bad. I still remember when I went to the open practice during his 1st preseason. He was kicking ass. I remember a teammmate laughing and saying, "That guy is a touchdown machine!" Some turnovers end up hurting worse than others.

Reaction Score
It's too bad. I still remember when I went to the open practice during his 1st preseason. He was kicking ass. I remember a teammmate laughing and saying, "That guy is a touchdown machine!" Some turnovers end up hurting worse than others.

I was at that practice. He really looked like a man among boys. At the second practice he fumbled when they were working on goal line packages, and it was downhill from there.

Seems like a really good kid.

Reaction Score
It is a shame. If you look at recruiting rankings etc. he was an ESPNU #59 and Andrew Luck was raked #61.

Hope he gets healthy and is able to play the game he loves.

Reaction Score
that's a shame. he always seemed like a high character kid so i'm sure he'll be fine down the road. time to put that degree to use like the rest of us suckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom