Liberty Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Liberty Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Yeah got real sexist quick there
They pointed out that she was a female (the identifying characteristic she has that separates her from the other person calling the game), and that she was lousy at calling football. We have been saying the same thing all season....usually with far more vitriol.

On another note, it is the cruelest of cruel jokes that somehow she, not any of the billions of people/things in the world, is our good luck charm.

Reaction Score
What a phenomenal win. I had to drift around the concourse because my 1 year old was loosing her bananas in the stands and had a perfect view for the game winning touchdown to KC. That ball was a dime, and ZT took a look to his left (Joly) to start and went to the second read. His growth is real.

When I pulled into the lot (no tailgate this time around) and was as far back as I was, I was sure the crowd inside would be solid. To that end, the number of people that have to go to the game to not go into the game and just tailgate had to be huge. Number of cars >>> number of people in the stands.

Reaction Score
It's incredible the jump UConn has made this season, especially after the win against Liberty:
1668291121289.png

/Does the math

Checks out

Reaction Score
They pointed out that she was a female (the identifying characteristic she has that separates her from the other person calling the game), and that she was lousy at calling football. We have been saying the same thing all season....usually with far more vitriol.

On another note, it is the cruelest of cruel jokes that somehow she, not any of the billions of people/things in the world, is our good luck charm.
the joke is she's employed to call football games

can a woman call football games? Probably. Can this woman call football games. No. Would I prefer a man calling football games. Yes. Would I want a man who does this bad calling football games? Absolutely not.

the only reason I tolerate fauria is because he's a former NFLer. This week he was more sedate than the UMass game where he clearly ate all the sugar in a 30 mile radius pre-game

Reaction Score
lol... the first page starts with a bunch of complaints about Meghan McPeak.

"This woman announcer is terrible."
"The announcer does seem like she's new to the gig or something."
"Girly announcer: referred to an RPO as “play-action”."
"Certainly a UConn announcer."
Well, except for the fourth quote, you can hardly blame them for spouting the truth. Anyone listening to her for the first time isn’t going to believe it.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
lol... the first page starts with a bunch of complaints about Meghan McPeak.

"This woman announcer is terrible."
"The announcer does seem like she's new to the gig or something."
"Girly announcer: referred to an RPO as “play-action”."
"Certainly a UConn announcer."
The play by play caller was literally terrible. She doesn’t know basic football. It’s not great.

Reaction Score
This team got punched in the mouth and in the gut to end the 1st half and start the 2nd. Didn't fold, fought back took the lead, and 1play later got throat punched. Fought back yet again and pulled it out. Hell of a game against a legit top 25 squad.

Reaction Score
We just went bowl-eligible for the first time since 2015 and half this postgame thread is about the TV announcer. What could be more Boneyard?

As for the game, it was a classic. One we'll remember for years. Best game, best win for UConn since beating an undefeated Houston team seven years ago. So happy for the players, the program and the fans who stuck around through all the dark times and were rewarded with what should be an unexpected but rewarding bowl season for UConn.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Had season tix since The Rent opened… until Edsall 2.0 made it feel like going to a funeral. UMass game was the first time being back at the Rent since 2018. My son was 3. Today… man was it special to be there, have something to play for, to care. What a win!!!

Reaction Score
Absolutely amazing. After watching Liberty go up in the third quarter, I thought UConn was toast. I didn't think the offense had it in them to come back.

Their resilience all year has been stunning. Mora has talked all year about the character of the team....and it wasn't just words.

Congratulations to the players and coaches... especially the seniors.

What a game!!!

This 1000%.

They had no business winning this game and just made so many big plays when it counted.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
What is the news? Opposing coach looked sad after loss. I thought he looked like a class act at the end of the game with Coach Mora and wish him and the Liberty Flames the best go forward. We don’t have to rub it in.

Agreed. When Mora and Freeze went to shake hands, Mora was trying to stave off a second Gatorade bath and Freeze was smiling and a good sport about it

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Army down one to Troy, 10-9, under 4 mins to play.

Assuming Army goes down, they'll need to win out for bowl eligibility. It's UConn, UMass, and Navy.

Reaction Score
the joke is she's employed to call football games

can a woman call football games? Probably. Can this woman call football games. No. Would I prefer a man calling football games. Yes. Would I want a man who does this bad calling football games? Absolutely not.

the only reason I tolerate fauria is because he's a former NFLer. This week he was more sedate than the UMass game where he clearly ate all the sugar in a 30 mile radius pre-game

I don't care if it's man, woman, animal, artificial intelligence, or other..... if they are good at calling football games, then i will enjoy & appreciate them.

I think Fauria sucks too, and he is both a man, and a former player. I think it was Corey Chavous (former minnesota viking) that was doing color for our games a few years ago. He was as bad as this young lady...and we crushed him for it. Right now, the Basketball board is beating up on the game-calling skills of Donny Marshall, a UConn alum !!!

My issue is that it's not sexist to point out that someone happens to be a woman, no matter what comes next in the statement.

Now that I think about it, if they just said "that person in the booth sucked", everyone would be confused, because of how much they both sucked. The identifier was not only not sexist, but 100% necessary.

Reaction Score
Was out of town today and couldn't make the game. Is there a replay available without CBS Sports?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Had season tix since The Rent opened… until Edsall 2.0 made it feel like going to a funeral. UMass game was the first time being back at the Rent since 2018. My son was 3. Today… man was it special to be there, have something to play for, to care. What a win!!!
Welcome back, bro!

This place isn't the same without you, and neither is UConn...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom