Liberty Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Liberty Post Game Thread

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was convinced that the combination of having a steady TV home for our games and a great coach could make UConn Football a cult favorite. A team CFB can root for when their team isn't on. I wasn't convinced it would happen before Thanksgiving his first year yet here we are.

Reaction Score
We know, the running joke is the fans of other programs finding out. She's not a UConn announcer, she is a CBS employee who just happened to be available. Maybe now that we are a bowl team, we can demand better.

My personal fav from today was, "Do you think they should go for it?" on a 1st and ten after we converted on 3rd by at least 4 yards.
my personal favorites were her saying over and over, "they give it to them" when either UConn or Liberty makes the first down by substantial yards. I guess she doesn't trust her eyes.

Reaction Score
my personal favorites were her saying over and over, "they give it to them" when either UConn or Liberty makes the first down by substantial yards. I guess she doesn't trust her eyes.
This has been my biggest pet peeve I think. RB downed ten yards passed the line to gain and we get a “looks like they’re going to spot them enough for a first down”.

Reaction Score
Tony Catalina on Twitter: ".@UConnFootball Head Coach Jim Mora talking about his time as the teams HC and the challenge he was presented when taking the job. @newftbj @kstone06 https://post original url/iIy1OIEGQ4" / Twitter

Reaction Score
It's incredible the jump UConn has made this season, especially after the win against Liberty:
Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 3.21.28 PM.jpg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Absolutely amazing. After watching Liberty go up in the third quarter, I thought UConn was toast. I didn't think the offense had it in them to come back.

Their resilience all year has been stunning. Mora has talked all year about the character of the team....and it wasn't just words.

Congratulations to the players and coaches... especially the seniors.

What a game!!!
I was thinking about beating the traffic. So glad I didn’t!

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
lol... the first page starts with a bunch of complaints about Meghan McPeak.

"This woman announcer is terrible."
"The announcer does seem like she's new to the gig or something."
"Girly announcer: referred to an RPO as “play-action”."
"Certainly a UConn announcer."
Didn’t she say “There’s a timeout on the floor” in one of our previous games?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom