2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 41 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Was hoping the women’s team would have won this year in order to get the 2004, 2014, and 2024 shirt and really confuse them.
I mentioned the double championships in 2004 and 2014 to a friend of mine towards the end of the season and then asked him what year is it now with a knowing look. He said "2024" and then you could see it dawned on him and he started laughing and I just looked at him and shrugged.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• sddefault.jpg
    sddefault.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 30

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Anyone else have this problem. After the first NC I bought 99 UConn championship stuff. Wore them so much they definitely showed their wear that year.

When we won in 2004 I bought more championship stuff. After looking at my 99 stuff I decided I’d only wear the 2004 stuff on special occasions. However when those occasions came up I’d see my 99 stuff and, thinking 2004 might be our last championship, I couldn’t get myself to wear them. Instead I decided I’m keeping the 2004 stuff pristine to be buried in.

So 2011 rolls around and I buy more stuff. Once again I can’t get myself to wear it. Why? Because I look at my 2004 stuff and my 1999 stuff and decided I liked the looks of my 2004 stuff a lot more. The same thing happened with my 2014 stuff, my 2023 stuff and I’m sure I’ll have the same problem with the 2024 stuff that I ordered.

Now it’s not 100% as I’ve described. I occasionally forced myself to wear some of the stuff from other championship years. But the vast majority of my championship stuff is pristine.

One last thing. For this championship run I didn’t declare my mojo superstition. The first thing was not to let anyone know my mojo routine. The second was not to come to this forum and have any conversations about the games. That was more painful than the neuralgia I suffered from the bout of shingles that occurred during this run.

It was a 180 from the “This is the way!" and the "I have spoken!” bit I did last year. The third thing was I decided to wear the 99 final four t-shirt. Wore that sucker every day for three weeks. Wouldn’t wash it. Sprayed the pits of the shirt with underarm deodorant when needed. After all I was so sick I was home bound the entire run. My wife, bless her heart, accepted this choice (from a distance plus a reminder “for better or worse”).

I don’t care what anyone else thinks. That shirt was the reason for number six. Not dragon underwear. Definitely not Taylor Swift.

And that led to a change of plans. When I die I want to be buried naked except for that t-shirt and a 99 championship cap covering my privates. Old and well worn is a good thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone else have this problem. After the first NC I bought 99 UConn championship stuff. Wore them so much they definitely showed their wear that year.

When we won in 2004 I bought more championship stuff. After looking at my 99 stuff I decided I’d only wear the 2004 stuff on special occasions. However when those occasions came up I’d see my 99 stuff and, thinking 2004 might be our last championship, I couldn’t get myself to wear them. Instead I decided I’m keeping the 2004 stuff pristine to be buried in.

So 2011 rolls around and I buy more stuff. Once again I can’t get myself to wear it. Why? Because I look at my 2004 stuff and my 1999 stuff and decided I liked the looks of my 2004 stuff a lot more. The same thing happened with my 2014 stuff, my 2023 stuff and I’m sure I’ll have the same problem with the 2024 stuff that I ordered.

Now it’s not 100% as I’ve described. I occasionally forced myself to wear some of the stuff from other championship years. But the vast majority of my championship stuff is pristine.

One last thing. For this championship run I didn’t declare my mojo superstition. The first thing was not to let anyone know my mojo routine. The second was not to come to this forum and have any conversations about the games. That was more painful than the neuralgia I suffered from the bout of shingles that occurred during this run.

It was a 180 from the “This is the way!" and the "I have spoken!” bit I did last year. The third thing was I decided to wear the 99 final four t-shirt. Wore that sucker every day for three weeks. Wouldn’t wash it. Sprayed the pits of the shirt with underarm deodorant when needed. After all I was so sick I was home bound the entire run. My wife, bless her heart, accepted this choice (from a distance plus a reminder “for better or worse”).

I don’t care what anyone else thinks. That shirt was the reason for number six. Not dragon underwear. Definitely not Taylor Swift.

And that led to a change of plans. When I die I want to be buried naked except for that t-shirt and a 99 championship cap covering my privates. Old and well worn is a good thing.
No Way Bird GIF

Reaction Score
Shocked a Michigan write is predicting a possible Michigan visit.. time will tell...

Is there an original eric bossi x about it?
Bossi talks about it starting at 41:07 in the show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22