2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 35 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Kansas just had a 4 star decommit, top 35 type kid. It’s pretty clear Self is taking the route of the heavy portal this day and age, adapting with that approach. We shall if he can coach that into success.

Man that kid has been yanked around in terms of his commitments. Started committing to Auburn and was almost immediately recruited over when they picked up Pettiford. Then he decommits and picks KU who has literally brought in 3 guards this offseason and is looking to bring in at least one more through the portal.

Reaction Score
Silent verbal doesn't mean squat. Not in life, not in business and certainly not in college athletics.
Given that Liam had already verballed (and I believe signed a letter of intent), I am not sure why you think any of them "mean a greater amount of squat" than any of the others.

They are all handshake deals. It is usually followed by "until they show up on campus" but Elena Delle Donne proved that even then it isn't quite time to count your (perhaps future) Hens.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Given that Liam had already verballed (and I believe signed a letter of intent), I am not sure why you think any of them "mean a greater amount of squat" than any of the others.

They are all handshake deals. It is usually followed by "until they show up on campus" but Elena Delle Donne proved that even then it isn't quite time to count your (perhaps future) Hens.

“I believe.”

So you have no evidence just like everyone else posting?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Seriously? The recruit tells Hurley he is coming here. He goes back and sets it up so he can make the announcement the way he wants.

Go back and read the threads of other recruits who have committed here and you will understand exactly what I mean.

The recruit tells the head coach before the rest of us plebs find out. The coach almost always already knows before the actual announcement. Why you would ever think otherwise I have no idea. This is a well-known fact.

It is much more rare for a recruit to keep the coaches of all of his final choices in the dark. It does not work like that.

We don’t know he gave a “silent verbal”

Reaction Score
“I believe.”

So you have no evidence just like everyone else posting?
Google it if you are so interested. It was far into the process, so I assume he signed a LOI. Since they aren't all that binding (my point) it doesn't matter if he signed one or not (my point).

It was all the way back to - let me check my calendar - yesterday that Philon got out of his LOI to Kansas.

Reaction Score

Ha!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

George Costanza Reaction GIF

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I will not start worrying unless he schedules another visit. Is it possible that it takes a couple days to firm up the NIL deal? Is that a written agreement or verbal?
I know nothing as an insider. But usually when the recruiting guys put in Crystal Balls while a kid is on a visit it means he probably committed and will be announced shortly.

Those guys don’t like to be wrong and wouldn’t have put them in if there was a chance he was going to hear out other teams.

Reaction Score
I will not start worrying unless he schedules another visit. Is it possible that it takes a couple days to firm up the NIL deal? Is that a written agreement or verbal?
At UConn with higher profile guys who have agents, I imagine it's written, but they may just agree verbally before the commitment and sign later (he can always decommit if the process goes wrong later).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom