2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 22 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Walters just committed to Michigan so it should be looking good for us since Walters would fit the same role as McNelley as a forward that can shoot

Bodes well for us but Alabama is the bigger threat than Michigan. We are firmly in the lead though.

Reaction Score
Not in this day and age of transfer portal and NIL. Just wait till a DOOKIE transfers to UNC or vice versa.
The Aden Holloway transfer from Auburn to Alabama reaction was pretty funny: "We didn't want him, he was no good, and we already replaced him with someone better, and also he is a dirty rotten treacherous rat bastard."

Reaction Score
Obviously still a ton of dominoes to fall here and multiple spots open, but Torvik released 2025 projections/rostercast. Has us #5 with AK back and adding Liam, 7 with AK back and no adds, 14 with AK gone and adding Liam, 38 with AK gone no adds.

Just interesting early data points that will be fun to monitor.

Reaction Score
In watching every full game I could, and every highlight available online over the past 2 years... I am not sure he's taken anything but a layup, dunk, or 3 at all. Ever. Or at least on camera.

That plus the fact that he just doesn't turn the ball over will make a solid contributor year 1 if he puts in the right effort on defense. Hurley must be salivating over that--no bad habits to reteach.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In watching every full game I could, and every highlight available online over the past 2 years... I am not sure he's taken anything but a layup, dunk, or 3 at all. Ever. Or at least on camera.

That plus the fact that he just doesn't turn the ball over will make a solid contributor year 1 if he puts in the right effort on defense. Hurley must be salivating over that--no bad habits to reteach.
He's pretty close to ideal for our system, which is why we're all so excited. On the defensive side, I can imagine the pitch is for him to consider how important defense is in the NBA. His offensive skills will play, but not if he's a liability on that end. Castle is an example of what happens if you commit, and if Liam does...he could really become attractive for the NBA.

Reaction Score

He just took one last night in the Jordan Classic- made a nice one on one move & took a foul line jumper in where Nowell fouled him.

With that said, I understand what you are saying- I am just being a pest lol- sorry!

Reaction Score

He took a turn around, off one-foot, mid-range fadeaway, a la Dirk Nowitzki last night. Missed it, but it wasn't a bad shot, he just missed it. Nowell might have been guarding him, and he clearly had a height advantage.

Not posting that to disagree, rather to say that if/when he does take a midrange, it may be a strategic shot rather than a bad shot. I also understand that last night was also an all-star game, not two teams playing within systems.

Reaction Score
I hope he's not getting NIL envy from being a Montverde teammate of Mr. NIL.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
A tall Cam with something akin to the shooting skills of Hawkins. McNeeley is pretty much a can't-miss in this system - which is why is would seem so absurd for him to look elsewhere.

(Mike Breen voice) BANG!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Obviously still a ton of dominoes to fall here and multiple spots open, but Torvik released 2025 projections/rostercast. Has us #5 with AK back and adding Liam, 7 with AK back and no adds, 14 with AK gone and adding Liam, 38 with AK gone no adds.

Just interesting early data points that will be fun to monitor.

I said just off the top of my head in another thread I think we’d be a top 5 team if we keep AK, add LM and any other contributing level guard.

Reaction Score
I w
I mean all Hurley really needs to do is show him the Natty trophy case, and go:
200w.gif

If this kid doesn't come to Storrs, then it's purely because of NIL $$$ and we don't need that kind of player in the program anyways. But from what I've read this kid (and his family) aren't just about the money.
I wish there was a practice session he could participate in. Are the guys still playing, I would think so, especially the NBA bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom