2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
And Clingan will not be on campus. He's supposed to fly down to Miami on Sunday to begin workouts for the draft process. Not sure about Castle.
Is there still any slim chance Cam is on this team next year?

Reaction Score
Is there still any slim chance Cam is on this team next year?
I would think not. He lost his appeal earlier this year to gain another season of eligibility. And then he killed it this season and got noticed enough that he's on draft boards. So that this point I highly doubt he wants to try pushing it with his eligibility.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score

This guy Trilly Donovan-lite? I do not know, but apparently he gets good info and has locked in a Liam McNeeley to UConn prediction. Unfortunate that he’s spelled McNeely’s name incorrectly, but why should that matter? Excited to hear stories about the visit that the coaching staff puts together.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I have no problem with Hurley's recruiting strategy. I do have a problem with how many here so easily assume that someone who feels the need to take the most money offered is a "bad attitude ball hog ...." Cam Spencer and Hassan Diarra would have been the same player if their family situation was such that they needed to take the most money they could get for that year. Any implication to the contrary is just fans from their thrones willing to throw young men under the bus because it makes them feel superior by being UConn fans.

Without interest in researching the matter further, I question your own assumptions about the fans or the players.

Is your "problem with how many here so easily assume..." that it's too many or too few?

I wrote my previous paragraph to reduce your post to absurdity, and did so before looking to see what anybody else wrote in response.

Why?

Because your final paragraph is unsupportably exaggerated, and leaves no room for disagreement, even though it doesn't represent or measure up to anything I think or feel. I'm confident that I'm not the only person with contrary thoughts to yours. I restrain myself from behaving more poorly.

Reaction Score

Guy is apparently an insider, for what it's worth.

I clicked on his name and got him calling KJ Bolden to Auburn. Bolden committed to FSU before flipping to Georgia (over Auburn yet again, iirc) on national signing day.

In his defense, Bolden (5-star safety) was a tricky recruit for anyone (including his mother) to nail down. Thankfully, a decision day forced his hand and he has had to stick with it (not sure incoming freshmen are eligible for this initial transfer window).

Reaction Score
That will depend on a ton of things I don’t know or can’t know yet, but he definitely has the potential. He’s projected first round 2025, he’s got league size and can shoot at a really high level. A good season could easily have him upper first round. Don’t know his priorities though.
regardless, he'll be a huge pick up if we can get him!

Reaction Score
Seems like the Twitter prediction guy isn’t super accurate according to people that follow it closer than me.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Kid is 6’7 Cam Spencer. Only thing missing are highlights of McNeely making plays out of the pivot with shot fakes and pass fakes.

Has the Steph Castle spin in the lane and some legit burst on a few dunks in traffic.

Reaction Score
For all intents and purposes he was a freshman last. Year. I would be surprised if he does not make a huge leap this year and show a much broader skillser
Intents ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22